Tommy Gun   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: CW45/P45: Flush fit magazine - UPDATED

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Dang GB, you busted that left pointer finger up a time or two ain't ya.

Looks like the 3 middle digits on my right hand. Good video, I don't have no speakers here at work but I'll crank it up from home and see if I can hear.
    Yes sir, I've had it tweaked a time or two, but I'm pretty fortunate in that it's pain free and still functions reasonably well (knocks on wood).
    Regards,
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Yes sir, I've had it tweaked a time or two, but I'm pretty fortunate in that it's pain free and still functions reasonably well (knocks on wood).
    Regards,
    Greg
    Thats good. Mine don't hurt most of the time and work fine. I am getting good at predicting weather changes. They kind of become a little bothersome when the rains coming, mostly in winter. Not a great thing for a Washington resident but not too bad.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I do see the progression from mag to chamber. Excellent video.

What I cannot see is how I get up to such a steep angle. Next time out, if it repeats, I'll get a pic. I cannot replicate it by hand cycling.

Other than more firing time, just clean up the extractor really well??? Buff it???

Dang, Greg. I watched the video and then looked over to the right and was looking at other topics and videos on the same page when I got distracted... Breast-feeding videos! Took me a while to get back to the topic!

Anyhow, I'm still waiting on CMCTactical to get the 10-rounder PM+ magazines in, I guess. I kind of thought going to the "source" would get me the stuff a lot quicker.

I have lots of O-magazines, but want to try the Power Mag + follower/spring combo... whenever I get that stuff. It has been over two weeks since I ordered it!

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Ok, I found a link to a link to a link to a good pdf on how to get the slide apart without losing too many pieces. I did so, and crazy buffed my breech face and all extractor components. Heck, I even got it back together with hardly any pieces left over...

I put the Metalform folower into the Kimber mag, and hand cycling is excellent. I can't wait for my next shooting session.

With the Metalform follower, I still couldn't do 7 rounds. I looked, and that follower has a long "tail" that slides down the back of the mag. I trimmed off about 2/3 of that, and now 7 will fit in, but there's not enough room for the rounds to press down as I insert the mag. So, I'm still at 6 + 1. The Kimber follower would allow 7, but no slide lock after #7 ejects. I might see about a different spring, maybe it's all bunched up at the bottom...

I do like the overall look and feel of the Kimber. Much thicker steel, and feels like a better machine all together. It still has the removable bottom, so it's easy to work on, and clean out from time to time. I made no modifications to the mag tube, it dropped in like it was made for the Kahr. All that seems wise is something to get a slide lock when empty. So, either a Kahr follower or some other follower with that capability.

Fail again... With ball ammo, it was about a 25% ftf. With Kahr mags, the pistol never failed.with ball ammo. With JHPs, no mag fed better than 50%.

I finally emailed CMC and had them delete the danged backordered 10-round Power Mag+ mags and send me the magazine kits and the other 8-round PM+ mag.

I hope to try the followers and springs in a few of my O-mags for the PM45. I don't mind it's a bit long, since I should be able to get 7 +1 capacity with a smaller protrusion than a K6G mag. I'm still working on the slide locking back on empty and reliable feeding with something.

I ordered a 6-7 round kit, as well as an 8-round one. I trashed a Checkmate follower and need a replacement... for testing, too.

Wynn
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by FHBrumb View Post
    Fail again... With ball ammo, it was about a 25% ftf. With Kahr mags, the pistol never failed.with ball ammo. With JHPs, no mag fed better than 50%.
    Hmm, as neither the OEM or modified Officer's magazines are feeding HP very well, I tend to believe it's a gun related issue. I have a suggestion I'll post in the thread you started about that.
    Regards,
    Greg

Well, I finally got my follower/spring kits and the 8-round Power Mag+ from CMC.

First off, the Power Mag+ follower is designed to not protrude and damage aluminum frames... sounds good for polymer, too, BUT the follower will NOT engage the slide lock actuator... so, may enable some of my mags to function except for lock-back in the PM45. I kind of expected that, though.

I'm still testing mags in my SA Champion, too, and needed a few followers for replacements... like for the CheckMate follower that I broke trying to adjust the angle between the top part and the lower that actuates the slide lock. I've really been trying to test too many different Officer's mags and not completely testing one at a time, with alterations as needed to the mag retention slot and feed lips, as well as the foller and springs. I'm just trying to do too much at once and not concentrate one one mag tube at a time... so many variables with the followers and springs, it's hard to keep up with all of them... and I haven't.

Wife's off today and tomorrow, so maybe I can get to the range Wednesday. I was going on my 65th BD last Saturday and had all of my mags loaded up for my 3 .45's when my son called and we had a nice LONG chat, so had to abort the range trip. I had 181 WW FMJ loaded up in my 1911, Officers, and Kahr mags... ready for shooting.

Wifey is starting days, so will have days "free" and we'll have all evenings and the weekend together... good, but the down side is feeding US every night!

Gonna have to plan leftovers and eating out more often.

Edited to add pictures... the spring in the 6-7 round kit is 2 1/2 to 3 inches shorter.

Wynn
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thomas Jefferson said

and

Punted...

Since I couldn't get a modified OM mag to feed well enough for me, I went the other way. I pulled apart one of my 7 round Kahr mags, and cut the bottom off. I modded it to use the removable floor from the Kimber mag. In the end, it looks really decent, and protruded about 1/16 of an inch. I used the Kahr follower, so I'm still at 6+1, but it should be dead on reliable.