Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My TP45 after being attacked

Default My TP45 after being attacked

Attacked by a hacksaw and Dremel.

Took it down to P45 grip. The 7 round mag with extention has a bigger gap then I would like but I had to take it down that mush to get the 6rder to seat properly.

I love the way it feels now. I left some of the backstrap and rounded the front of the dust cover. What do you think?

Last edited by PostalGlockn; 01-17-2014 at 07:30 AM.

I like that alot.
    I have always thought the P45 had the perfect size grip.I also feel that the grip on the TP45 is too long so this makes perfect sense to me.

Looks like you're handy with the tools, PostalGlockn. I'm pretty happy with the grip on my TP45, but I guess that's because I've never held a P45 to make the comparison. It's good that you have the means and the wherewithal to make it how you want it. On the other hand, some might ask why you didn't just find a P45 and make a trade...

Nice work.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Have you thought about making the mags black so the gap would be less noticeable? Bluing? I wish I was confident enough to try something like that. Good work there!

Kahr could take a lesson from you on the backstrap being even with the bottom of the mag.....

Quote Originally Posted by dkmatthews View Post
    On the other hand, some might ask why you didn't just find a P45 and make a trade...
    I really like the longer 4" barrel to ring what velocity I can out of the .45

I ran across a nice deal on the used TP. I ran 80 rounds of ball thru it without a single hicup and decided to keep it but felt the grip stuck out farther than I preferred. I can get a 4 finger grip on the P45 and felt I would enjoy the TP more with the shorter grip.

I am looking at doing some polymer or epoxy build-up to fill in the gap on the extended.

the flush mag looks so so nice compared to the extended mag. Bu aother flush fit and send the mags off to a refinished and get um blued or blackened finsih and u have a super gun. I notice on the top of the slide it is just palin and loney looking a nice Magna port job would realy send that gun on its way. Just sayin. Jeepster ask me to tellu this as I don['t believe in porting guns, as the membership will verify.

Nice gun, nice work, IMO fokk that extended mag, stay flush, drink alot.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Yeah, the extended will just be used as a spare.

I am looking for another 6 round with ext. grip mag (K645G) if anyone has an extra. I swapped the mag base between the 6 and 7 rounder.

i like it too, a better conceal size

I'm one of the people that yapped about doing this but chickened out. Looks like you did a nice job. It all makes perfect sense... ideal grip size on a slightly longer barrel.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.