Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 357 Snubbie Kick more than its bite?

I really considered the LCR for a long time especially the trigger. The only reasons that I did not buy it was it's overall size and the inability to fire it in SA mode. That's the reason that I bought the 638. (Which will sadly have to go back to S&W so that they can put the proper cylinder on it. )
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

Default I knew it! Not in the sense of actually knowing it... But I knew it! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MW surveyor View Post
    I really considered the LCR for a long time especially the trigger. The only reasons that I did not buy it was it's overall size and the inability to fire it in SA mode. That's the reason that I bought the 638. (Which will sadly have to go back to S&W so that they can put the proper cylinder on it. )
    My spider sense was tingling on that one.

The double action only doesn't bother me. In a self defense setting I wouldnt use single action. Just drawl and fire. The hammer gets in the way and snags when drawn from a pocket too. I would buy the lcr on the trigger alone. It's just that good but there are a ton of other great things about the gun. The grip adds a little bulk but not much and it aids in recoil reduction. I haven't really had a problem with it's size since I've been carrying it. It's always in my pocket and if it won't fit in my pocket it's on my side

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    My spider sense was tingling on that one.
    Well, I still haven't talked to S&W yet but will call them tomorrow. I don't mind the cylinder accepting the 357 but......if I ever do sell it.....some people will be all upset.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!

Quote Originally Posted by ponycarman View Post
    Just drawl and fire.
    How does that go? "Y'all are gonna git it!" - BANG!?
    Very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    How does that go? "Y'all are gonna git it!" - BANG!?
    Lol I can see that happening down south here. You know what I mean though. If you pull your gun to protect you life you don't really want to waste your time fiddling with the hammer. At least I don't lol.

Lol I can see that happening down south here. You know what I mean though. If you pull your gun to protect you life you don't really want to waste your time fiddling with the hammer. At least I don't lol.
    Yeah. I know. Just havin' a little fun with ya! :001_tt2:
    Very interesting...

I like fun

The hammer on the 638 is shrouded. I'd use the SA only if I had to take a longer shot and if I had the time. Otherwise, DA all the way. Presently have 158 grain SJHP +P loaded in it. Don't think that they won't hurt. BTW - Will probably use the 638 as a backup to my 3" SP 101. The SP 101 has 158 grain SJHPs in the cylinder. Also, carry another 5 rounds of the +P in a speed loader.

I forgot about the shrouded hammer on those. Nice pistol. 38+p would definately get the job done.