Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pat Downs At The Movies?

Default Pat Downs At The Movies?

My heart goes out to the victims at the tragic shooting in Aurora Colorado.

Can we expect pat downs before we can enter a movie theater?

I just don't see an easy solution especially if the evil person is determined to carry out the act of violence.

Russ

I think it would be ridiculous.

They don't want to pat down Jonah Falcon like they did at the airport!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1675767.html
    “I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.”
    “To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    --George Mason

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Got that DC?

Pat downs won't stop guys like that. He'll be guaranteed an audience of sheeple.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Keep in mind, this nut job was dressed normally, bought a ticket and sat in the front row before the previews started. Then he goes out the screen side exit door and tapes over the latch or somehow keeps it from latching shut behind him. Then he goes to his car suits up, gets his weapons and returns through the exit door he disabled.

He would have passed any metal detector, pat down, body scan, etc. They have to secure those exit doors so folks can get out if a fire but not return. Even if they alarmed them would be a fix although they would be plagued by false alarms disrupting movies by smart alec people.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

I can not see a you kid pat downs any one

If I'm at the movies, a pat down will not do. I insist on at least a full (monty) grope, or she pays her own way.....

Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    Keep in mind, this nut job was dressed normally, bought a ticket and sat in the front row before the previews started. Then he goes out the screen side exit door and tapes over the latch or somehow keeps it from latching shut behind him. Then he goes to his car suits up, gets his weapons and returns through the exit door he disabled.

He would have passed any metal detector, pat down, body scan, etc. They have to secure those exit doors so folks can get out if a fire but not return. Even if they alarmed them would be a fix although they would be plagued by false alarms disrupting movies by smart alec people.
    +1
    A pat down would not have mitigated this tragedy.
    Allowing legally armed moviegoers would have likely lessened the carnage.
    If I'm truly forced to disarm, and put myself at risk, just to see a movie?
    I think I'll pass.

I can just see the " no concealed weapons allowed beyond this point" signs going up now. There will be an obvious knee-jerk reaction to this by the poor clueless masses, we can all count on it.

NC law already precludes CC in theaters due to provision in the law that says no CC anywhere an admission fee is charged.

Quote Originally Posted by dkmatthews View Post
    NC law already precludes CC in theaters due to provision in the law that says no CC anywhere an admission fee is charged.
    wow, that's a silly law.

luckily i'm in AZ and i have't been to a movie w/o my gun in a long time. they have a gun buster sign out front but that's the good thing about concealed.

if it was seen they can ask me to leave and i would.