Xssights   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What am i doing wrong?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What am i doing wrong?

I have both the P380 (in the shop) and a PM9 and I love them, but i can't hit crap with them at 20'. Low and to the right as far as i can tell. I have a Glock 27, Tuarus 58UL and a firestorm 380 that I have no problems putting great groups at the same distance or farther. Is it the thinner frame or long trigger pull causing me to do something with my hand? I've got about 300+ on each and still not real consitant. I'm sure they sight them in at the shop. Any thoughts on what might be going on or I'm doing wrong?

It is really tough to offer advice without watching you shoot. If you have any experienced advisers available, it might be time to ask a favor.

However, you can at least detect flinching by mixing a snap cap in with your loaded ammo. If someone else loads the magazine so you don't expect it, the resulting flinch will be obvious. Even experience shooters are sometimes surprised when they try this technique.

Best of luck. We have all been there, no matter how long ago or how poorly we recall it.
    It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
    -- Alice in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

If they are both doing this, it has to be something about the trigger that you are not used to yet. You are obviously pulling the gun down and to the right when pulling the trigger.

Kajrs aren't $2000+ hand fitted custom guns so if they are sighted in at the factory, well probably not. They push the sights into the dovetails or in the cheap version pin the front sight in. As stated it is most likely your trigger control. It takes concentration and practice. You'll get it.

I get better results if I don't try to "stage" the trigger, just use one long continuous squeeze.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Default are

Quote Originally Posted by TAE View Post
    I have both the P380 (in the shop) and a PM9 and I love them, but i can't hit crap with them at 20'. Low and to the right as far as i can tell. I have a Glock 27, Tuarus 58UL and a firestorm 380 that I have no problems putting great groups at the same distance or farther. Is it the thinner frame or long trigger pull causing me to do something with my hand? I've got about 300+ on each and still not real consitant. I'm sure they sight them in at the shop. Any thoughts on what might be going on or I'm doing wrong?
    u a left hand shooter??/

Itis all about trigger control with akahr,what Tucson asku to do will show what u aredoing wrong for sure.Random snapcaps is the bestrraining device IMO. Try it. all of the guns u mentioned do not have a 3/8" trigger travel either. It is what it is a close up defense gun that will shoot um in the same hole except that 99% of the owners cannot. More rounds will help u alot but until u see what u are not doing correct, ur gonna feellike it is the GUN. Ur anticipating the BANG thing, u just don't realize it..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

See the video on trigger control. If you have the bar dot sights the dot must be placed on the intended point of impact. there should be a small space between the bar and the dot. If the dot isn't over the intended point of impact or the bar touches the dot you will shoot low.

http://www.youtube.com/user/flicksgu...11/zKdXmcdB5WE
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Hello lefty! How do I know? If you had said low and left, I would know you are a righty. It's you, not the gun. Though you cannot see it as you are sighting the shot, you are pulling the gun off target just before it fires, and the recoil is preventing you from seeing it. The random snap cap method is a real eye opener because there's no bang and you see the front sight move off target. Also, do some shooting from a firm rest just to convince yourself that the gun is POA/POI.
    Very interesting...

Sounds like you are slapping, instead of squeezing the trigger. You need to work on your trigger control. You have to account for the heavier pull of a DAO trigger. I saw a guy doing the same thing the other day. Not even hitting the target. I told him to slow down, then he was hitting the center ring every round. If you do not have snap caps, there is another method you can use. Place a penny on the front sight, or a spent casing on the slide. Pick something to aim at and squeeze the trigger. If you knock the penny or casing off, then you are jerking the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Patriot View Post
    Sounds like you are slapping, instead of squeezing the trigger. You need to work on your trigger control. You have to account for the heavier pull of a DAO trigger. I saw a guy doing the same thing the other day. Not even hitting the target. I told him to slow down, then he was hitting the center ring every round. If you do not have snap caps, there is another method you can use. Place a penny on the front sight, or a spent casing on the slide. Pick something to aim at and squeeze the trigger. If you knock the penny or casing off, then you are jerking the trigger.
    Of course, do this with snap caps or unloaded gun!
    Very interesting...