CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TP45 accuracy?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyKahr View Post
    Could this be a new jocko?

Sent using Tapatalk
    ​O|||||||O

The question isn't is one more accurate that the other. The question is will you be more accurate with one or the other. The guns are equally accurate in the hands of the right shooter. If you are looking for a carry gun go with the Kahr. If your looking strictly for target accuracy get a 1911.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

A well tuned 1911 will shoot better than a Kahr, assuming both are .45ACP. The well tuned 1911 will cost 2 to 3 times the price of the Kahr.

Last weekend I was able to shoot mid to upper 90's at 25 yards (standard 25 yard repair center) with my highly tuned 1911, one hand free. I can shoot low to mid 90's using the same target/same distance and two hand hold with my CW45. I think both guns are capable of 10X's at this distance from a ransom rest. They are just different tools for different jobs.

Your question leaves lots of "ifs"

The reason is... 1911s are all over the place with accuracy.

A TP45 will never shoot like a well fit, highly tuned bullseye .45

On the other hand... a really looseygoosey .45 will probably be no better, and maybe worse, than a TP45

For the most part, a well fit 1911 will outshoot the TP45 in practical terms, due to its superior trigger, even if the TP45 has better (or at least equal to) mechanical accuracy.

There's more to accuracy than just one model or the other.....

~~~

If you want accurate, get a decent Springfield, and put a decent barrel into it - like a BarSto. Springfield is ok, but their barrels are not the greatest.

OTOH, I've been Jones'n for a TP45 or a CT45 (due to the traditional rifling).

Does it really matter?? If you want to hump a lard butt of a pistol for your CC handgun then buy a 1911 to carry. Is the average 1911 more accurate. A little bit on average but your going to have to pay for it one way or the other to get that. Now if you want to haul a 3000 dollar semi custom around it shpu;d be a more accurate pistol. Does not mean the shooter is that good. But he owns a Purdy pistol.

Just don't expect the average good ole boy with a revolver he know really well and hunts with to be impressed buy the accuracy for that 3000 dollar pistol as his revolver has a mechanical accuracy of 1/2" at 25 yards and he's shooting 3 to 4" 100 yard groups .

So does it really matter ?? In a rush to defend your live your not going care if what you have is a 3000 dollar 1911 or a 360 dollar kahr ct series. The one that can print a nice group center of mass quickest is what you hope to do. right ??

As far as accuracy, my p45 at 21' left one big jagged hole, using Winchester white box 230 fmj. I did have a few flyers, but I really believe that was me, not the pistol.
    For a gun designed as a light weight carry gun, it is way more accurate than I expected.