Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CM 9 and shooting low.

I agree with Muggsy. My CM9 shot low until I figured out to hide the bullseye with the front dot instead of on top of it like I learned 50 years ago. When I got my P380 it worked the same way. Put the dot on the target and bang away.

I am putting the dot on the center of the target. I am really comfortable shooting revolvers. I grew up with them, semi autos are relatively new.

My gut feeling is as one poster pointed out is is the trigger pushing down. My hands are pretty big and it's small.
    I tired it with snap caps and it had much less moment shooting like a j frame..

To the range Thursday :-)

"You are born. And you die. And if you are very lucky in between you get to ride motorcycles."

Default Imo

Quote Originally Posted by pbagley View Post
    I've used the same sight picture for more than 30 years. Changing now seems like a bad idea. I'm an old bullseye shooter, and consistency is how you make progress toward your accuracy goals. For me personally, I want to be able to put 10 for 10 onto a repair center at 25 yards with defensive ammo. This is my standard, I'm not dictating this for anyone else. Under stress I do not want to put any innocent bystanders in danger due to my limitations. This is why I practice with these little sub-compacts. That and I enjoy the challenge. The CM9 is most enjoyable since I seem to be able to group best with it - better than with a TCP, 642, or SCCY anyway. That said, I like shooting them all.
    u best sell the gun, u have set very high expectactions for this gunand shooter.

Heh of a standard, I don't know of two many defensive shooters who ever set this kind of standard at 25 yards. Not to 0fend but to me it is ridiculous.
    U shoot someone at 25 yards, ur gonna go to jail, PERIOD. But no one here is gonna tell ou what YOU should do or not do. I have no clue what the isze of a REPAIR CENTER is either, JKust sayin

Many guns are 6 oclock hold and many are 12 o
    clock hold, . Not the gun but the sites and standard set by that gun maker, No doubt if one is a 6 oclock hold and gets a gun designed for 12 o'clock hold someone is gonna be unhappy and changes have to be made eithe rin sites or target acquisition..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I have a PM9 and P45. The PM9 shoots to point of aim. The P45 was shooting 8" low at 7 yards. I sent the P45 back to Kahr. It's been at the factory for three weeks now.
    Draw me not without provocation, sheath me not without honor.

Now one more thing to is: change ur sight picture, see more of the front sight, Basically IMO this ia a POA gun, point an dsoot forget tight grups, if u can keep um all in what I call the FBI "Q" target which is the outline of a bowling in with no bullesye, , keep allin there which is easy at ur distance and consider yourself good to go. In a SHTF situation ur neer gona se the front, back sight and then the target. Just ain't gonna happen. concentrate on the front site and go for it. If u getting thewrong site picture no finger control is gonn help u, If ur anticipating the bang thing, no finger position is gonna halep yuu. U need to eliminate the possabilities

Yep, that's right per Jocko. Sorry I screwed up.

never admit u ever scewed up on this forum.Its ALWAYS THE GUNS FAULT...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    u best sell the gun, u have set very high expectactions for this gunand shooter.

Heh of a standard, I don't know of two many defensive shooters who ever set this kind of standard at 25 yards. Not to 0fend but to me it is ridiculous.
    U shoot someone at 25 yards, ur gonna go to jail, PERIOD. But no one here is gonna tell ou what YOU should do or not do. I have no clue what the isze of a REPAIR CENTER is either, JKust sayin
    Jocko, my friend, I am not advocating that any defensive situation will require 25 yard accuracy. I sincerely hope to never be in such a situation, at any distance, ever.

As to a repair center size, it is about 10.5" by 10.5".

I do set a high expectation for myself. I enjoy the challenge. I enjoy the practice to maintain the skill. I enjoy showing the results. Both of these were shot at 25 yards.

Warning: developing the skill to shoot well takes a lot of practice. I have no intention to sell any of my firearms.

I have found the CM9 to be INSANELY accurate. While I have not tried it at 25 yards yet, at 12 yards it's an easy 3-4" group. With the XDS it's more like 5-7" groupings at best. But the holes are bigger.

Have you tried letting a friend shoot it to see how they fare with it?

Default Re: CM 9 and shooting low.

Quote Originally Posted by colding View Post
    I have found the CM9 to be INSANELY accurate. While I have not tried it at 25 yards yet, at 12 yards it's an easy 3-4" group. With the XDS it's more like 5-7" groupings at best. But the holes are bigger.

Have you tried letting a friend shoot it to see how they fare with it?

No, but a good thought. I did try it from a sand bag bench however. It is accurate however. The group's are right but low.

"You are born. And you die. And if you are very lucky in between you get to ride motorcycles."