Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE Disappointed with CM9...:-(

Quote Originally Posted by Bear549 View Post
    I really love the CM9 until I try shooting CCI 124gr ammo. The gun will not seem to shoot this ammo without stoving 1-2 timed over a box of 50. I have shot 200 rounds of 124gr stub nose without one issue. I am just disappointed that I feel a gun of this price should shot any factory ammo without issues. A Glock it is not!
    Well, I have a PM9, about 700 rd's of CCI Aluminum through it with out a single problem, NONE.
    Did you follow the advice of the group to field strip, clean and well oil (the gun that is) before shooting it.
    These little guns make you have a firm grip, you can not limp wrist it.

I do not understand your statement " I feel a gun of this price should shot any factory ammo without issues." Are you saying that it is a less-expensive gun and therefore it should have no problems or that it is an expensive (I DO NOT THINK SO) gun and it should have no problems.
    Anyway, try different ammo and a god clean and oil.
    Happy Shooting
    NRA Life Member,GSSF Member, Custom Fusion 38Super Race Gun, Custom Fusion CCO 9mm, Nighthawk Lady Hawk 38 Super & 9mm Custom, Kimber Pro Aegis II 38 Super Bobtail, Glock 34, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Glock 26 Gen 4, Sig P238,RIA 38 Super,GSG-1911, Kahr PM9.

I have a CZ P-01 that HATES Remington UMC ammo, but fires everything else I have tried just fine. The solution? I don't use UMC when shooting it at the range and of course don't use it for defense ammo.

Guns like Glock and XD/XDM's are built with a little more tolerance, the Kahr is tight. Just one of the trade-offs. Also keep in mind that there is a very steep feed ramp, any minor variation of the bullet can have dramatic results.

That said, my PM9 has eaten everything I've fed it, never once had a single issue with it - not one.

Your CM9 isn't the only gun that can be picky with ammo, it happens across the board, find something it likes and enjoy it - no reason to write it off because it doesn't feed one kind of ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear549 View Post
    I really love the CM9 until I try shooting CCI 124gr ammo. The gun will not seem to shoot this ammo without stoving 1-2 timed over a box of 50. I have shot 200 rounds of 124gr stub nose without one issue. I am just disappointed that I feel a gun of this price should shot any factory ammo without issues. A Glock it is not!
    I have a Glock 30 that doesnt like Winchester T series 230 grain +P.Everything else I`ve fed it goes through it like crap through a goose.Corbon,Remington GS,Speer Gold Dot,Wichester White Box,it eats it all.Simple solution for me was to stop loading the gun with the T series ammo.If your gun functions well with other ammunition,then just use that.
    In the area in which I now reside,when I`m placed in a group of four or five guys,I`m known as "the smart one".God help me.

Most of the time, the smaller the gun, the more picky it is on ammo. The designers have to make some compromises to reduce size, and a steeper feed ramp and shorter chamber seem to be a couple of common ones.

My Beretta Cougar is the only semi auto I have that has ate EVERYTHING I've fed it without a problem of any kind. My Springfield 1911 is the most finicky, but I need to have some work done on it, most of it is still as it came from the factory. The Kahrs are pretty good I did try one box of CCI and it didn't like them very much, in the CW40 which has been pretty reliable and my EDC. The CW45 is starting to share time with the CW40, but I want to get another couple hundred .45 rounds down range before it replaces the .40 as my EDC.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Once again, thank you for all of the comments. I am very picky about keeping a gun clean and using proper lubricant. This is just my first gun that has been picky about ammo with the exception of a .22 cal that I think are all picky. It is just a little frustrating knowing that there are other CM and PM's out there that do not have this problem. I do believe that the CCi 124gr are longer in length and which is probably the issue. The stub nose hand loads that I have been shooting work great. Maybe I should start considering 115gr, but I like to shot heavier lead to keep the shots above point of aim. I am starting to realize that I am asking a lot out of a small gun and there needs to be sacrifices. I plan to stop and buy some different types of ammo before my next range visit, just to see what shoots and what does not. I need to also start testing some defensive ammo as well. I am not giving up or throwing in the towel on this gun just yet. I do like it the best out of all the other guns in it's class.

For the range, my CM9 has done well on a diet of WWB and Win PDX-1 +P for carry. I always run a few of those through at the range as well.

I found some Winchester White Box 147gr JHP at Wal Mart that seems to cycle really well through my PM9, inexpensive as well.

I have never fired a gun yet that did not have its ammo preferences. Even with Glocks my 45 likes Federal (accurate) an ddoes not like Remingtion (cant hit crap)

Find out what it shoots well and use that.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Don't forget...by far, the most common cause of stovepipes is limpwristing or not holding the gun tight enough.
    Kahr CM9