CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Free firearms classes for teachers in OH and TX

Default Free firearms classes for teachers in OH and TX

Interesting article about free classes for teachers

I'm signing my "old lady" up tomorrow. She just retired from teaching, but I'm sure that I can get her "Grand-mothered" in. Could just save our marriage. Since she retired she's always underfoot.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

There is a place in palm beach florida doing free classes to teachers as well.

I am considering giving some free (or heavily discounted) classes to teachers as well.

Ammo is the issue at the moment though.
    Sooner Born and Sooner Bred

Tom Givens (Rangemaster) - Certified Advanced Firearms Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor

So far they don't allow weapons on school campuses here in New Mexico but just recently at my wife's school, they had a simulated lockdown with the theme being an active shooter in building. Our local sheriff conducted the drill and there was a faculty meeting at the end of the day to go over results. A couple of interesting points is that they are now calling them "active killers" since that is truly their motive and they passed out applications to concealed carry classes after the meeting. My wife intends to get her carry license when she retires in May and perhaps they will have a free class for her before then.
    Kahr P9 (my carry favorite)
    Sig P229, Sig P250 2SUM
    Glock 27, Springfield XD 40 SC
    Colt Detective Spec. Beretta 84
    Ruger LCP, Ruger LC9 Ruger Mini 14
    Bushmaster 5.56, BSA Martini Target .22
    I'm pretty sure God created me just for the hell of it.

I heard that Utah did the same thing (free training for teachers). Seems that there are still some sane people left in the USA.

I read a comment from a teacher in Texas that had taken the free firearms training. Said something like "Once I get my CHL I'm going to carry at work (school) whether they allow it or not. Nobody is going to hurt my kids!".

Quote Originally Posted by rjt123 View Post
    I heard that Utah did the same thing (free training for teachers). Seems that there are still some sane people left in the USA.

I read a comment from a teacher in Texas that had taken the free firearms training. Said something like "Once I get my CHL I'm going to carry at work (school) whether they allow it or not. Nobody is going to hurt my kids!".
    You are correct teachers are being offered free classes in Utah.

Utah allows conceal permit holders to pack in State owned buildings (includes schools & Universities) with exceptions in court houses mental hospitals and secure police buildings.

You can even pack at the University of Utah football stadium because it is State owned.

If a private property owner like Walmart posts signs the most you can be charged with is trespassing if you don't leave.

There is however a provision for places of worship and the Mormon church has taken full advantage of the law. They do not allow guns unless you are law enforcement and signs are not required and if caught it is a very serious offense.

Russ