Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cheat on my CM9 for an Xds9?

Attached Images Attached Images
    ​O|||||||O

I have a n XDM45c and the CM9, had a chance to grab a XDS but I went with the Kahr. Just a better summer time carry. I pocket and belt carry the CM9 and it really is a pleasure over the heftier gun.
    "A FREE PEOPLE OUGHT TO BE ARMED"
    -George Washington-

Although alot of comments on this post including mine dis the XDS for being heavier than other 9's on the market, one should think about recoil if they are sensitive to that. My XDS45 has only slightly and i mean slightly more recoil than my CM9. SA does a very good job with that with the design of their gun. So and XDS9 mm may be perfect for someone who wants a softer shooting 9 and still be able to conceal it well. I would easily venture to say the XDs9 will be a softer shooter than the cm9./

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter991 View Post
    Although alot of comments on this post including mine dis the XDS for being heavier than other 9's on the market, one should think about recoil if they are sensitive to that. My XDS45 has only slightly and i mean slightly more recoil than my CM9. SA does a very good job with that with the design of their gun. So and XDS9 mm may be perfect for someone who wants a softer shooting 9 and still be able to conceal it well. I would easily venture to say the XDs9 will be a softer shooter than the cm9./
    Good point, still I don't think the XD-S 9mm will be any softer shooting than the P9 or CW 9 Kahrs. These pistols are nearly identical to the XD-S in size, being only slight longer in the grip (I can get all my fingers on my CW9, but not on my XD-S 45). They are also lighter, have a longer barrel (with a slightly shorter OAL) and, with the CW, less expensive than the XD-S.
    It's good to have choices.
    Regards,
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshotshorty View Post
    Never,Never,Never. get rid of a reliable gun in favor of a brand new model that could actually be undergoing teething pains.

Sexy.....a gun needs to be functional not sexy. Now slap yourself in the face take a reality break!
    +1

You don't divorce a good woman, why would you kick to the curb a firearm that is reliable?

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

I am on my 3rd ccw because the first 2 were not reliable.

Insanity is trying to repeat past misgivings.

Russ

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ParabellumJ View Post
    If it ain't broke...ya know? XDs 9 is too heavy for its size IMO. Might be a fine gun, but it might also have some bugs being so new. For me if you are considering a sub compact or micro 9mm size and weight are second only to reliability. After all, isn't the purpose of buying a small gun for SD for it to be as small and light as possible? At the weight and size of the XDs9 I'll take a g26 and the extra rounds. Heck, at that rate I'll forgo the 26 for a G19. If I want small I also want light. If not i will just holster the 19. My 2 cents,
    I second this ^^