Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Off Leash Dogs

good point there tucson, u don't train dogs they train u.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by espresso View Post
    ????
    Seems to me your dog is a serious accident waiting to happen. A dog that will attack someone after getting out of your yard is very dangerous not to mention a HUGE liability for you and one of the reasons people feel the need to carry pepper spray and guns. Sure he can be an attack dog at your house but if he attacks someone outside your house......look out
    Did you miss the part about the ONE time he came across someone when he got out, one of three times in 12+ years?!? The neighbor called him over and put him in her back yard and was giving him treats until we showed up!!! She was playing ball with him, petting him and he was loving it. Guess I should still be thrown in jail for having such a dangerous animal. I'd say go back and read my posts but pretty sure that won't happen.

Aside from this mutt of mine, I'd put a German Shepard as the best dog to own, particularly if you have kids. Very smart and very protective. Why do you think it is one of only two breeds the military uses as Military Working Dogs and LEO's use primarily for K-9?

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    We got a bingo right here. We've created a generation with little to no respect for a badge or a uniform. Cop so much as looks at somebody and they scream your violating their civil rights. Everythings a test.
    I get sick to my stomach with the Open Carriers saying they need to educate the cops.
    It will only get worse.

Law Enforcement- one of the few jobs where you can do everything right and still get fired and your career ended on the whims of others. Make no mistake, there are some cops who really shouldn't be but by and large they walk around with a huge target on their back and put up with a truck load of crap every single day that just would not have flown even 15 years ago.
    AMEN!!!! Don't even get me started on the disrespect LEO get in this society today. Let's just say that as a future LEOW my attitude has changed overnight to the disrespect and I'm likely to start going off on that subject, but I'll leave that to vent on my LEOW forums....

Sheps are great dogs. Met a few rough ones too. When thay are good they are great, but they can be high strug too. I had a great one though--probably saved my life too. I know many will say that this happens with every breed. I can say from my experience that labs usually have a higher % of being docile. Hell they wear bandanas and look cool doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBert View Post
    I was more than shocked and/or amazed she was still alive.
    Yeah I read you post AJBert .....at first I read this to mean you were surprised the lady was still alive but I guessing you mean the dog. I Never said anything about thinking you should be thrown in jail. I love dogs and have one myself. A former neighbor had a serious dog phobia and had animal control on speed dial. He once called because he saw our dog peeing in OUR yard at 6:00 am! Just be careful I've been bitten more than once by dogs that have left their yard.

A good option is bear mace. It has a long spray distance, and it's potent.
    My department sprayed the hell out of us with pepper spray and tased all of us. The taser was easily the most pain I've ever felt, but I would gladly take it over pepper spray , that stuff sucks for hours.
    At work I have used pepper spray on dogs, and it works, but I think that the best deterrent for dogs was mentioned earlier. When I spark my taser without the projectile cartridge, I have had 100% success warding off angry dogs. There's something about the noise.
    Funny story for those still reading. I had to go in to a house, due to a reported domestic violence. We had to check the residence, and I was warding off their angry female pitbull mix with my taser. She followed us all through the house but kept her distance. Turned out no one was home. Me and partner went back the next day to question them about the night prior. The owners were home and we were talking in the kitchen. The dog was sitting at the feet of the owner just looking at me, but not barking. About ten minutes after being there in mid sentence that little turd without warning lunged the 5 or so feet at me and clamped down on the crotch of my pants! Missed my junk by millimeters! Luckily myself and the owner were quick to act, and she let go quickly (and I had no intentions of shooting that close to my manhood). My partner was too busy laughing to be of any help. The owner kept apologizing and couldn't believe I wasn't mad. The way I saw it, in the eyes of the dog we were even. He swears thats the first time the dog has big anyone.
    The general who advances without coveting fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, who's only thought is to protect his country and do good service for his sovereign, is the jewel of the kingdom. - Sun Tzu Wu (The Art of War)

Something that's funny only AFTER it happens. Don't want to get the taser going down there either

Quote Originally Posted by yatyas42 View Post
    Luckily myself and the owner were quick to act, and she let go quickly (and I had no intentions of shooting that close to my manhood). My partner was too busy laughing to be of any help.
    Don't ya just love it when friends/partners/co-workers watch you get the crap beat out of you and all they do is fall over laughing!!!
    I don't know why it is, but there's nothing funny about it when I get a 2X4 across the back of my knees
    ..... but, I do get a chuckle when I see a buddy do a header into a wall.
    LaP

I have no fear of perfection... I'll never reach it.

Default yup

Quote Originally Posted by AJBert View Post
    Did you miss the part about the ONE time he came across someone when he got out, one of three times in 12+ years?!? The neighbor called him over and put him in her back yard and was giving him treats until we showed up!!! She was playing ball with him, petting him and he was loving it. Guess I should still be thrown in jail for having such a dangerous animal. I'd say go back and read my posts but pretty sure that won't happen.

Aside from this mutt of mine, I'd put a German Shepard as the best dog to own, particularly if you have kids. Very smart and very protective. Why do you think it is one of only two breeds the military uses as Military Working Dogs and LEO's use primarily for K-9?
    great dogs, but I would not put them in a specila HOME class inviroment based on what the military does or uses them for. Shepards are personal dogs IMO, very protective to. If that is what you wnat fine. Give me a lab any day for a home dog and certainly a better hunter than any shepard will ever be. I have a big box of matches, so let the fires begin..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

For a hunter, I'm a bit partial to Britnays. Though, I will agree that the best all around hunter is a lab. I've hunted with many dogs over the years. Labs can do it all but not the best for one particular type of hunting other than water fowl. There are many other breeds that are much better for upland birds than labs, but none better overall for all bird hunting.