Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woman hugs cop and dies

Default Woman hugs cop and dies

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/p...woman-16737471

How can a gun discharge in a holster from a hug?

What drives me nuts about these type of stories is we most likely will never know how this accident happened.

As a concelaed carrier I would want to know how to avoid a repeat of this sad accident.

Russ

Russ

Strange story. Said it was officer's service weapon, which I can only assume would be on his hip pointed downward. If it does discharge, how would that puncture her lung from a hug.

I'm going to go with a shoulder holster in order for a heart and lung shot???

According to Stephens, the woman "embraced the officer from behind, causing the holstered weapon to accidently discharge." The bullet punctured Miller's lung and hit her heart, and she died at a hospital.
    The officer was off duty. It must have been in a shoulder holster.

Then gun just went off.

Most people believe it happens and will buy that as a cause.

Quote Originally Posted by krisspy View Post
    The officer was off duty. It must have been in a shoulder holster.
    Yep, a horizontal shoulder holster makes sense.

I wonder if the cop grabbed at it when she came at him from behind and that was what caused it to go off? Maybe a negligent discharge???

I'd like to know what it was, maybe a 1911 with no safety on or a glock but you know that trigger got hit somehow. Sounds like that cop shooting himself in that school classroom with a glock that was on youtube a while back.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

They were dancing it sounds like. I bet the gun bounced out of the holster, and the trigger got caught on the edge.

The media cares much less about the facts than they do the act. This is another example of "if it bleeds it leads"...
    Back in the 80's a report came over the 10 o'clock news that a Dallas PD officer had fired at a suspect wounding him. It was reported that the officer "fired fourteen rounds from his 357 magnum semiautomatic service revolver, hitting the suspect once".
    I would normally have let it slide but the next morning I looked up the stations number and called to ask. The young lady who answered absent mindly said "...another one of those...". When I demanded claification she became somber and said "we have had three of four people calling in demanding we report about where all the extra rounds went and dozens of you calling to say our writing staff are idiots". I offered that a short class explaining the differances in gun types, with shooting if they liked, could be arranged through my gun club and it would be free to their staff.
    "Oh no" she exclaimed "I'm afraid of guns" and with that she just stopped talking till I gave up.
    For the most part, the media Don't know-Don't want to know, anything about guns that they have not already seen in the movies.
    Sad but true.
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

From what I have read of this story, I draw one or some of a couple of conclusions: 1) she was not dancing but a zipper may have been involved if it was in his waist, and he was carrying gangsta style, had the weapon shift and went to grab it 2)the media knows sweet FA 3) the words Detroit, cover up, and murder come to mind 4) can we say honor killing? Anything other than that or some combination of the above is just not possible, and I call complete and total bullsh*t. Guess we'll never know.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

I've got one of the Jackass rigs and I guess they also call them Miami rigs that I use for my Glock 27. I don't wear it nearly as much as I previously did because I just don't like the idea that it's constantly sweeping whatever or whoever is behind me. Even though I know it should be safe, it just bothers me. It's a great way to carry and it's very comfortable but I can't feel that I'm being safe either. Any comments???? Make me feel better since I like the carry method.

Kahr P9 (my carry favorite)
    Sig P229, Sig P250 2SUM
    Glock 27, Springfield XD 40 SC
    Colt Detective Spec. Beretta 84
    Ruger LCP, Ruger LC9 Ruger Mini 14
    Bushmaster 5.56, BSA Martini Target .22
    I'm pretty sure God created me just for the hell of it.