Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mag won't drop...Kahr let me down

Quote Originally Posted by pm9fan View Post
    New PM9 DLC with XS Big Dot sights just finished the break-in and have a similar issue with the six round mag.

I have two six rounders and one seven round mag. One of the six round mags will not drop the other six rounder and seven rounder drop with no binding. Emailed Kahr and they had send me a new follower but no change.

The email response was some mags drop some do not. The "fix" is to get an RMA for their gunsmith to modify the gun. Hate to part with this after the break-in.

Any suggestions?

200 round break-in. Zero FTF and only three failure to lock back on the same mag. Follower changed and either the break-in or follower fixed the failure to lock back. Now 100% on both. If I could just get this mag to drop free....

Thanks in advance
    dude, look at the bottom of your grip with a mag inserted, the plastic rubs on the mag. you can take a dremel or file and remove a little material. bingo. it has nothing to do with the follower.

I would not use a dremel and probably not a file either. I would use some sandpaper on something like a popsicle stick or something to smooth things up. Also a few here have found issues with the mag release lever dragging and there's a thread here somewhere how to gently modify that mag release to make mags drop freely. There was no drag in the frame at all in those cases. I always think to myself when I remove tupperware I can never put it back. I doubt that a little slop would hurt anything either but I'm a firm believer in not messing with mother nature if it can be avoided.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by AFDoc View Post
    I have similar issue. 7 round mag falls free, 6 round mag sticks. Called Kahr and they had me send in the 6 round mag for an exchange. Waiting for new mag...
    Update to update: Received new 6 round mag. Would not drop free...until I fired a few rounds. Now drops free so I'm good!
    Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those that don't.

I have been looking at buying a pm 9. So I went to a local shop that keeps them in stock. The one they had in the case would only eject the mag if I pushed on the mag release so hard that my thumb turn white on the end. I have a e9 that was used and had some small problems with it that was just form use over time I think. But I was just wondering if anyone has had this problem with the pm9? I like to do as much reserch as posible before I buy.

My experience with the PM9 and Kahr has been great. My PM9 has run flawlessly and when I sent my 6 round mag in because it would not fall free, Kahr replaced it free of charge with one that did (eventually). Read through the forum; there is a thread on how to prepare the PM9 before you fire one round through it. I did that and it really helped. Good luck!
    Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those that don't.

that is cool I have had 3 kahr pistols and only the used e9 have I had any problems with and they are minor. I just am looking at anything that I can prep for.

I bought my PM9 used . It had very few rounds put through it by it's looks inside and out. I am still amazed why anyone would buy this pistol with night sites fire say maybe 50 rounds through it and trade it in. When I looked at it I thought it was new. The pistol has been absolutely 100% reliable from day one. The mag drops free the extended mag works fine and no matter how hard I try I cannot get it to malfunction. I've tried many times and in many ways just in case my hands were ever injured and I could not hold the pistol the way I normally would but had to shoot it anyway in and emergency situation. I carry a few different pistols in different Calibers from time to time but the PM9 is by far my favorite go to pistol.
    The only thing I wish they would do is stick a black butt plate on the end of the mag.
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

SHOOT STRAIGHT, RIDE SAFE