CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: foxX holster review

Default foxX holster review

Some of you may have read some posts I made on my foxX holster. First off I want to say that the owner Ray is a great guy to deal with and stands behind his products.

I ordered one of his hybrid holsters (like a supertuck) in black

http://www.foxxholsters.com/apps/web...s/show/3051040

The craftsmanship and fit of the holster was great, but the leather that was against my skin was rough and bothered me. I emailed Ray and asked if I could trade it for a "FoxX Trapp"

http://www.foxxholsters.com/apps/web...s/show/3201890

He gave the OK without question. If you wear a t-shirt between you and your holster the roughness may be a good thing. I also asked about the roughness in a email and this is what was said...

Me

"Thanks, sorry about the exchange, but damn the leather was rough (this could be a + for someone that wears a t-shirt between them and the holster, I don't). I have never had that problem with that type of holster, but neither was dyed. I've had 2 similar holsters (for other guns), 1 was a Kholster. It was smooth on both sides, but I needed to do a custom cut on it. The other one was a Theis horse hide. That one was a little pricey to me + kinda squeaky. I guess I'm rambling so I'll just ask for future reference (and forum reviews) if the backs on the un-dyed holsters are as rough? Oh BTW I'll be reporting that your customer service is top notch, and thanks again for that and standing behind your product."

Ray's reply

"Your leather piece was pretty rough, sorry, most of the black ones are better than that one, however some batches are rougher than others. The natural ones are softer, when the leather is dyed it stiffens up the fibers and makes them rougher.

We do strive for excellent customer service, no worries about the exchange were just happy that we were able to send you a holster that will work for you"

I think for anyone that wants the hybrid holster an un-dyed holster would be a good choice or if you wear a t-shirt between you and the holster the dyed may work for you. I'll update this thread after I get the FoxX Trapp and have a chance to try it out for a while.

Here's the un-dyed holster

http://www.foxxholsters.com/apps/web...s/show/3051036

Wow, that cant/no cant change up on the foxx trap is genius! I'll definitely be keeping this one in mind!

I got the FoxX Trapp in the mail today. I tried it on with my work jeans that fit a little on the snug side. It worked perfectly without the need for a belt. The retention is perfect (just like his hybrid holster). I think FoxX Trapp is going to be my new holster of choice

I have an un-dyed hybrid holster from Foxx and it is not rough at all on the inside. I would imagine there is some variation in the leather and I can also see how the dying process could make it rough. Just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by Frayed Knot View Post
    I have an un-dyed hybrid holster from Foxx and it is not rough at all on the inside. I would imagine there is some variation in the leather and I can also see how the dying process could make it rough. Just my .02
    If I was going back to a hybrid, it would be an un-dyed holster from Foxx. Ray does good work and stands behind his product at an economical price. That being said, after trying the FoxX Trapp, there's no going back. It's much easier to wear a cell phone on the same side in front of the holster with the trapp also. Keep up the good work Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Short Bus View Post
    That being said, after trying the FoxX Trapp, there's no going back.

You have definitely piqued my interest as well. I've not been able to convince myself that kydex against my skin would be even close to being comfortable, but the thin construction and the ability to adjust the cant are appealing. I may just give it a try.

It's better than you would think, in fact the piece that thouches your skin is so small and smooth, I would even say it's more comfortable than leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Short Bus View Post
    It's better than you would think, in fact the piece that thouches your skin is so small and smooth, I would even say it's more comfortable than leather.
    I placed an order for the Foxx Trapp today. Thanks for the heads up on the new style holster from Foxx.

Wow, that Foxx Trap looks like a really great holster! And $39 shipped is a great deal. I've been kinda on the fence about kydex holsters, but I think I see one of these in my future. Looks super, super low-profile - I like it.

I Inquired about Foxx Holsters the Trapp IWB Kydex Holster in Carbon Fiber... waiting to hear from them.
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”