First some pictures
Raven Phantom Modular Holsters
Release deburred by Accurate Iron
1. All the Kahr .45 owners need to push Heinie and Warren to make sights. I sent my slide into have Heinie to install the straight 8s only to find the slide cuts are differant Looks like I will have to end up with Novaks or keep waiting
2. Holster selection is very limited. Mitch Rosen and Raven look to be it for now. The mags fit into my 1911 pouches though
I am happy with what I see so far. Good trigger, nice size and weight.
I just finished my first range session with the TP45. I had frankly expected to have more felt recoil. I'm doing the break in, but screwed up an important detail, LUBE! Shooting it dry I had three slide locks for the first mag. Through the next 100 rounds I had two stove pipes. The ammo also caused a the end of the slide and the hood of the barrel to discolor. Sort of a rainbow hue, but on inspection was powder residue, never noticed it before on a pistol.
Overall accurate, controlable, time and lube will say if is reliable. I was shooting .27 splits and a few .18. I am not that high speed with a pistol though so don't let that concern you. Bottom line it is not unpleasant to shoot.
I may end up selling off my Kimber for a second TP-45, but I'm hoping Kahrgirl and company will spring a T-45 on us with the following perks by SHOT:
1. 8 round mag's. My TP Mags are the same size as the 8 shot 1911 mags, change the follower and make them work please
2. Heinie or Warren two dot Night Sights
3. Make it availible with the rubber grips also(I could use a set for my T-9 while you're at it).
4. Steel base plate with provisions to mount one of the mag bumper pads like CP or just include the bumpers. 10-8 makes a good example for the M&P Line: