PDA

View Full Version : Any lefty's out there?

Kodiak
12-21-2011, 08:05 AM
What holster are you guys using? Looking to get one for my newly purchased PM9. Thanks for any suggestions.

Thunder71
12-21-2011, 08:13 AM
Right here!

I mean Left here!

You know what I mean... Silent Thunder! Kydex outside, leather inside... I have IWB and OWB, both are extremely comfortable, durable, good to my guns, silent draw and excellent retention - not to mention made by 2 of the nicest holster manufacturers around, Ron and Sheryl Garrett.

My PM9 and MK9 ride in quality and style unmatched by any other in my opinion. I've tried cheaper holsters and always come back to the Silent Thunder.

Adjustable cant
Adjustable retention
Herman oak leather
Several mounting options from dual belt loops to j-hooks and over the belt clips.
Military/LE Discount

http://www.giholsters.com
Garrett@giholsters.com
Custom Needs/Product Info: 713-828-7812
Orders/Customer Support: 281-703-4459

TominCA
12-21-2011, 09:27 AM
I like Stoner front pocket - Just google stoner holsters - It's a little holster store somewhere in the midwest.

jocko
12-21-2011, 09:30 AM
desantis nemesis and uncle mikes #3 works \great for my PM9 in my left front pocket.

JFootin
12-21-2011, 09:49 AM
Here is what, IMO, you should look at: the PJ Clip-on IWB Holster (http://pjholster.com/?page_id=37). It is made of Kydex, weighs about an ounce—light as a feather. Very good adjustable retention. I have one for my CM9. Wear it at about 8:30. It is the only holster I own that literally vanishes from my consciousness when I am wearing the gun in it! I mean I cannot feel it there AT ALL, can't feel the weight of the gun there, or its mass when I move around. It and the gun seem to become part of my body. I don't have pics of mine, yet, but here are a couple of pics of one made for a Walther PPS.

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/John_England/Miscellanious%20Guns%20and%20Holsters/PJIWBBeltHookHolster-1.jpg
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/John_England/Miscellanious%20Guns%20and%20Holsters/PJIWBBeltHookHolsterBack.jpg

Note how there is not one extra millimeter of length or width. It holds the gun up tight against your body. It is SUPER THIN. It has a small but effective sweat shield that doesn't get in the way when you draw. And this absolutely perfect 24/7 carry holster is only $40 shipped from one of the nicest guys in the holster business!

JFootin
12-21-2011, 09:56 AM
If you can appreciate works of fine art in leather, check out what I got for an unbelievable price recently, not because I really needed it, but because it was an opportunity to own the work of someone who has to be one of the most talented people ever to come along in the holster business!

http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=9295&highlight=Holster+Perfection! (http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=9295&highlight=Holster+Perfection%21)

Popeye
12-21-2011, 10:08 AM
I use two different ones for my PM9 both are Desantis Gun hide. One for pocket carry one for the hip. Both keep the pistol in good condition. I also have a Desantis leather holster but like the cheaper gun hide ones just as much. My shirts get hung up sometimes on the leather loops that go around the belt.

jouesdeveau
12-21-2011, 01:05 PM
I'm a leftie and a newbie to Kahr. I don't like pocket carrying, so for my PM9, I got a Mitch Rosen 5JR-Express. It's an OWB that stays very close to the body and is very discrete even with light clothing.

JFootin
12-21-2011, 01:12 PM
I'm a leftie and a newbie to Kahr. I don't like pocket carrying, so for my PM9, I got a Mitch Rosen 5JR-Express. It's an OWB that stays very close to the body and is very discrete even with light clothing.

The Mitch Rosen Premier Holster on the Kahr website looks real nice. I like the snap loops for easy on and off.

http://www.kahr.com/PM9-Holsters/Kahr-Mitch-Rosen-Premier-Holster-Left-Hand-Black.asp

Jeff00042
12-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Milt Sparks horsehide Versa-Max II

Kodiak
12-21-2011, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the GREAT responses guys! I will check them all out, but I cant do a pocket holster, being a small guy that wears Levi's for the most part. I did not expect nearly this many replies, you guys ROCK!

rkirk
12-21-2011, 06:49 PM
My name is Richard and I am a left hander! I have four holsters for my Kahr pistols. One IWB from Comp-Tac a model CTAC, an excellent holster, however I now have trouble carrying IWB. Three OWB holsters, a Don Hume JIT very comfortable does not hold as close to the body as I would like! Another Don Hume, a pancake that does hide the CW9 and CM9 very well. And last a Remora holster that can be tucked inside the waist band and carries okay in the front left pocket of cargo pants or shorts. Very bulky in jeans. The Remora is my newest holster and I am still trying it in different positions IWB. Right now tilted back positioned in front of the hip. Great standing, but just okay sitting!

Kahr pistols are reliable, thin, compact, accurate and well made. You will not be sorry you bought and carry a Kahr!

-- Richard

Ubaldo99
12-22-2011, 11:44 AM
KahrTalk is crawling with lefties for some reason... And that's ok by me since I am one. I pocket-carry a CM9 (front left jeans pocket) using a DeSantis Nemesis holster. Works well for me. Of course, you can carry in your front right pocket if you seek challenges! :D

Thunder71
12-22-2011, 12:39 PM
Pocket carry throws me off... left front pocket is where I 'should' carry, however that's where my phone goes, keys go in my right front pocket - nowhere to put the gun!

JFootin
12-22-2011, 12:45 PM
KahrTalk is crawling with lefties for some reason... And that's ok by me since I am one. I pocket-carry a CM9 (front left jeans pocket) using a DeSantis Nemesis holster. Works well for me. Of course, you can carry in your front right pocket if you seek challenges! :D

How tall are you? What brand jeans do you wear? I am 5'8.5" and 182 lb. I wear Wrangler regular fit jeans. When I tried a Super Fly with my CM9, the 1"+ sewn together below the muzzle raised the gun so high that the back of the grip and slide were < 1/4" from the top edge of the pocket and plainly visible. So, how do you do it?

JFootin
12-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Pocket carry throws me off... left front pocket is where I 'should' carry, however that's where my phone goes, keys go in my right front pocket - nowhere to put the gun!

Put the keys on a belt clip and the phone in your right front pocket. Even without a pocket holster, the PM9/CM9 rides well in the left front pocket.

joe d
12-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Lefty here as well...I carry my CM9 in a ross pocket holster,or a guru pocket holster...I'm about to order a crossbreed IWB for my CW45..

Ubaldo99
12-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Hey JFootin... We're about the same size: Im 5'9"; 175lbs. I generally wear relaxed fit jeans from L.L.Bean. They seem to have more generous front pockets than most jeans. I carry my CM9 in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster and while it is a snug fit, it does work well for me.

JFootin
12-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Hey JFootin... We're about the same size: Im 5'9"; 175lbs. I generally wear relaxed fit jeans from L.L.Bean. They seem to have more generous front pockets than most jeans. I carry my CM9 in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster and while it is a snug fit, it does work well for me.

I need to do some shopping, see if I can find some pants with deeper pockets. I just got a S&W J-frame and I find it comfortable and easy to draw from my front pocket. But it is kind of long in these Wrangler and Levi Straus pockets. I've been told that cargo pants go too far in the other direction, with pockets that are so deep it is not easy to draw from them.

Kodiak
12-23-2011, 07:27 PM
I too will have to invest in a new wardrobe. Been wearing Levi 501's since the late 60's and I'm small so have to get something with larger pockets.