PDA

View Full Version : Manual Ejection question for CM9

woodsideseen
12-30-2011, 10:46 AM
I am new to the forum and looking into a CM9 or PM9 to possibly replace an LCP. My LCP has gone bang everytime at the range with live ammo. My only problem with it is when I rack the slide with snap caps in it, it is hit or miss as to whether or not it will completely eject the snap cap. And if it doesn't eject the snap cap, clearing the jam is not easy and usually requires a wood stick or other tool. So my concern is that if I would have a FTF, and the snap cap simulates this nicely, I would need to manually eject a full size round that still has the bullet in the cartridge and getting it out quickly is not possible if the first attempt to rack the slide eject it fails. My question to the forum is, does anyone have experience testing FTF's with snap caps with the Kahr series? Does racking the slide consistently completely eject the cartridge 100% of the time? And even more importantly, if you have had a jam on a full sized un-fired cartridge, could the jam be cleared instantly and easily. Yes, the fail to eject 100% may be due to my technique, but in a stressful situation, technique may not be perfect. Thanks in advance for any thoughts or data.

Tinman507
12-30-2011, 12:02 PM
I've had a couple of FTEs on snap caps. It is almost ALWAYS my technique or trying to eject the cap and not lose it on the floor or something (read slowly at an angle).

I find if I do it like it's a normal round with some gusto, it works just fine. Have only had 2 FTF's and they were both bad rounds. Neither one had any issues ejecting just fine.

By approximate count I have about 1000 rounds through my CM9.

Hope that helps

pocket pistol
12-31-2011, 08:52 AM
I have the LCP also. I have never tried a snap cap in mine. I do eject unshot ammo all of the time and they never get stuck. Wouldn't that be more like ejecting a FTF? Does your LCP have trouble ejecting regular unshot ammo?

Bronco302
12-31-2011, 10:24 AM
Woody
I haven't posted a range report on my CM9 yet (lazy). I have had zero problems with this gun in better than 400 rounds since the 5th of November when it was bought. This includes smartly ejecting a live round by hand with the mag out when unloading for what ever reason. HTH.

Joe W.

jocko
12-31-2011, 11:38 AM
I am new to the forum and looking into a CM9 or PM9 to possibly replace an LCP. My LCP has gone bang everytime at the range with live ammo. My only problem with it is when I rack the slide with snap caps in it, it is hit or miss as to whether or not it will completely eject the snap cap. And if it doesn't eject the snap cap, clearing the jam is not easy and usually requires a wood stick or other tool. So my concern is that if I would have a FTF, and the snap cap simulates this nicely, I would need to manually eject a full size round that still has the bullet in the cartridge and getting it out quickly is not possible if the first attempt to rack the slide eject it fails. My question to the forum is, does anyone have experience testing FTF's with snap caps with the Kahr series? Does racking the slide consistently completely eject the cartridge 100% of the time? And even more importantly, if you have had a jam on a full sized un-fired cartridge, could the jam be cleared instantly and easily. Yes, the fail to eject 100% may be due to my technique, but in a stressful situation, technique may not be perfect. Thanks in advance for any thoughts or data.

an lcp and have zero issues in clearing a live round or a jam. A jam sometimes requires one to remove the magazine, but a live round in the chamber should be easily clearned by a quick and rapid pull back on the slide, for the lcp and any kahr. Pus-sy foot the slide back and your probably gonna get nadda. The gun is made to eject an empty casing with rapd slide action and the ejector then doing its part and flinging the casing out of the gun. which it will do. Now with a live round which is much heavier and a slow retraction of the slide the ejector alot of times cannot do its job. Not the fault of the gun, just the fault of the owner not yet adjustiing to that particular gun quirks. Small ass guns are normally more timid in slow ejection of a llive orund. again not alot of open clearance there, but they will do it, if done right
. Snap caps are so damn light that any pus-y footng around with the ejectionprocess cold indeed cause FTE.. IMO ur ok, just stick with it, practicve does not make perfect but perfect practice does.