PDA

View Full Version : The wife's new 9mm.

yqtszhj
12-31-2011, 08:53 PM
After many years the wife decided that she wanted her own handgun. I did some looking around and took her out shopping and she found the one that she liked and that fit her. I had not heard anything about this one. Reviews on it were good and she likes the trigger and can rack the slide with no problem so we went to pick it up.

So she studied and became a US citizen 18 years ago, has voted in every election, and now and she passed her first background check and now has exercised her 2nd amendment rights. She was really excited. :cheer2:
Next is a visit to the range so she can break in her new Bersa Thunder 9 Ulltra Compact.

CharlieW
12-31-2011, 09:33 PM
I have one of those and it is a pretty solid gun. Mine has been perfectly reliable. Lots of features, including decocker, ambi controls. The sights don't quite work for me, but I have learned that the sights on the newer models can be replaced with Sig 226 series sights, which are avaialbel in a variety of heights, so that can be taken care of. Good Luck with your new Bersa.

Bawanna
12-31-2011, 09:36 PM
Absolutely lovely hands and nails, and that handbag is just to die for.

jeepster09
12-31-2011, 09:49 PM

What about the ROSE.........;)

yqtszhj
12-31-2011, 09:58 PM

Yeah I know. All girlie.

You know, before the pistol she has been known to use her handbag as a weapon, or even a large rock ... and that's no joke :eek:

JFootin
01-01-2012, 07:11 AM
Yeah I know. All girlie.

You know, before the pistol she has been known to use her handbag as a weapon, or even a large rock ... and that's no joke :eek:

You've got quite a woman there, yqtszhj! Is she Brazilian? Aren't Bersas from Brazil? She holds that gun like she knows what she is doing.

Those Bersas are solid, well made pistols. Kinda bulky, but they aren't pretending to be Kahrs.

I am always trying to figure out a way to pronounce your screen name, but that is an impossibility! :confused:

Popeye
01-01-2012, 07:23 AM
Very nice. I've heard allot of good things about them and owned a BT.380 a while back. Looks like the base plate could use a little cutting to make it smaller. Would probably help with purse carring. looks like she doesn't need it anyway. Just a thought???

jocko
01-01-2012, 08:19 AM
u know I have never owned one, I have handled them and basically one never hears anything bad about Bersa guns. I think she bought a really nice handgun. The extra weight and bigger size will serve her well...

ongrats on her becoming a U. S/. Citizen THE RIGHT WAY...

340pd
01-01-2012, 08:42 AM
That gun needs a set of Coco Chanel grips.

yqtszhj
01-01-2012, 08:46 AM
You've got quite a woman there, yqtszhj! Is she Brazilian? Aren't Bersas from Brazil? She holds that gun like she knows what she is doing.

Those Bersas are solid, well made pistols. Kinda bulky, but they aren't pretending to be Kahrs.

I am always trying to figure out a way to pronounce your screen name, but that is an impossibility! :confused:

The Bersas are from Argentina. Mrs. YQT is filipino. Those Brazilian ladys kinda scare me. I just can't forget John Wayne Bobbet and the bob job Lorena did on him. :eek:

She had to spend some time in CAT (Cadet Arm Forces Training) as required in the Phil. so she does know how to shoot. She boast can assemble and dis-assemble the M1 Garand and the armalite :84:

On the purse as a weapon thing, we were in the Phil one time walking past this bank. There were 2 security guards standing there and one of them made a comment that she didn't like. She proceeded to beat him with her purse. The guy ducked and covered while the other guard with the shotgun laughed. She likes those purses because she can put something heavy in it and they swing really well. Another time while there we were waiting on a ride and she picked up this BIG rock. I asked her "what are you gonna do with that" and she told me that the next person that drove by and said something at her was going to get it. I'm just glad she's only 4'11'' because if she was any bigger I don't think I could handle her. She is sweet as can be but don't mess with her.

The screen name is just something I've had to use for years at work and I don't have to think to hard to remember it.

yqtszhj
01-01-2012, 08:54 AM
That gun needs a set of Coco Chanel grips.

Now that's funny. They can't be in pink though. She won't do pink guns because quote "something is just not right about that."

Bawanna
01-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Walk softly and carry a big rock! You just gotta love that, I don't care who you are.

Rollin Thunder
01-01-2012, 07:13 PM
The Bersa 9's are absolutely the best of the Bersa's. They outfit quite a bit of the military and police forces in South America.
If your wife wants to learn all there is about Bersa, go here:
http://www.bersachat.com/forums/forum.php

CJB
01-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Does she have a license for those nails... jeeze... could be weapons there too!

(only kidding)

Glad to hear of another 2nd amendment participant. My own SO will (from the UK) will likely be doing the same this year.

Rotorflyr
01-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Bersa make a nice inexpensive firearm. I've shot their .380, which I liked, and have thought about buying one of their .45's and/or 9's

yqtszhj
01-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Does she have a license for those nails... jeeze... could be weapons there too!

(only kidding)

Glad to hear of another 2nd amendment participant. My own SO will (from the UK) will likely be doing the same this year.

You have a point there about the nails.

Tell your SO to go ahead. That will break from that UK gun control thing. I have in-laws in the UK (originally from the Phil) and they drank the gun restriction kool-aid over there. :(

I politely told them on their visit here that they might do well to not share their feelings with anyone in my part of the country. They might not win any fans.:rolleyes:

KMA
01-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Bersas are one of the best firearms you can get for they money. Congrats!

CJB
01-02-2012, 05:46 PM
You have a point there about the nails.

Tell your SO to go ahead. That will break from that UK gun control thing. I have in-laws in the UK (originally from the Phil) and they drank the gun restriction kool-aid over there. :(

She's not exactly the Iron Lady... but she's pretty conservative, which is why she came here. I jokingly caller "the w et back". She's a sailor, so sailed from the UK to the Azores, then over to Trinidad and up to Nassau. All of this was done on UK passport, on a 48 foot sail boat, as a crew member. Then she crewed back to the UK, got a new boat on the stopover in the Azores, and came back, solo, on the 32 footer to Nassau. From there she crewed up to Southampton, LI, NY, where she never checked with customs, just got off the yacht and set up shop as a housekeeper. Money led to a bicycle, then apartment, then car, then more clients, and finally... she moved down here to Fl, where somehow... she got her US Citizenship with a sponsor, bought four houses, a Hummer, a Jeep, two airplanes... (sold those, and one house), did her thing in Alaska... and finally fell on bad bad luck by becoming entwined with yours truly.;)

She believes in small government, small government spending, small taxes, hands off government, and making her own way in the world. And she believes in gun ownership, carrying all the time, and protecting herself and her (hard earned) property.

My kind of gal... plus she likes Harleys... I'm set!

yqtszhj
01-02-2012, 06:51 PM
She's not exactly the Iron Lady... but she's pretty conservative, which is why she came here. I jokingly caller "the w et back". She's a sailor, so sailed from the UK to the Azores, then over to Trinidad and up to Nassau. All of this was done on UK passport, on a 48 foot sail boat, as a crew member. Then she crewed back to the UK, got a new boat on the stopover in the Azores, and came back, solo, on the 32 footer to Nassau. From there she crewed up to Southampton, LI, NY, where she never checked with customs, just got off the yacht and set up shop as a housekeeper. Money led to a bicycle, then apartment, then car, then more clients, and finally... she moved down here to Fl, where somehow... she got her US Citizenship with a sponsor, bought four houses, a Hummer, a Jeep, two airplanes... (sold those, and one house), did her thing in Alaska... and finally fell on bad bad luck by becoming entwined with yours truly.;)

She believes in small government, small government spending, small taxes, hands off government, and making her own way in the world. And she believes in gun ownership, carrying all the time, and protecting herself and her (hard earned) property.

My kind of gal... plus she likes Harleys... I'm set!

Cool. Sounds like a good catch. We can use more like her. Tell her she needs to run for political office so she can tell our current "leaders" what doesn't work.

Jocko will be proud she likes Harleys too.:D

340pd
01-03-2012, 07:12 AM
Her story sounds interesting. Get her to start a book. That is how movies get created.

JFootin
01-03-2012, 07:22 AM
Her story sounds interesting. Get her to start a book. That is how movies get created.

+1. A very interesting and adventurous woman.