PDA

View Full Version : Mexican carry

3one5
01-04-2012, 11:08 AM
I have been trying to use a IWB but they are all to big, bulky, easy to see, also hold the gun to high. I have been Mexican carring around the property. Much more cofterable and less noticing. I do this without one in the chamber. Thinking about trying a roma pocket holster IWB but think even that will be to bulky. I only 5,3 135lbs. I also always where jeans with a belt. I carry at 3:30. What are your thoughts.

Thunder71
01-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Get a proper holster that works for you and carry with one in the pipe.

Have you tried any AIWB holsters, SmartCarry or ankle carry?

Rotorflyr
01-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Mexican Carry is not a good idea IMHO.

However if you feel it's what works best for you, at least consider trying one of these:

Trigger Holster (http://www.ravenconcealment.com/holsters/other-holsters/vanguard-holster/other-holsters-vanguard-holster)

And practice with it A LOT (with an empty firearm of course)

yqtszhj
01-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Mexican Carry is not a good idea IMHO.

However if you feel it's what works best for you, at least consider trying one of these:

Trigger Holster (http://www.ravenconcealment.com/holsters/other-holsters/vanguard-holster/other-holsters-vanguard-holster)

And practice with it A LOT (with an empty firearm of course)

OH MY, I appendix carry and don't want to think what I would have to tie that trigger holster to.... :behindsofa:

skiflydive
01-04-2012, 12:17 PM
OH MY, I appendix carry and don't want to think what I would have to tie that trigger holster to.... :behindsofa:

"I keep trying over and over to unholster my gun and ahhhhhh....sigh....gotta light?"

Football_Bill
01-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Check out High Noon Holsters, they have some very thin options.

K.C.
01-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Here in Pittsburgh whenever mexican carry comes up we think of Plaxico...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRGvhcKxBA8&feature=related

TriggerMan
01-04-2012, 12:46 PM
I have been trying to use a IWB but they are all to big, bulky, easy to see, also hold the gun to high. I have been Mexican carring around the property. Much more cofterable and less noticing. I do this without one in the chamber. Thinking about trying a roma pocket holster IWB but think even that will be to bulky. I only 5,3 135lbs. I also always where jeans with a belt. I carry at 3:30. What are your thoughts.There are way too many great holsters for this to be true. I think its a case of not dressing with carry in mind. It should be comforting to carry, not comfortable.

As for not having one in the pipe, getting some live fire training or even a switch in guns would serve you better. You're carrying a poorly designed club now.

JFootin
01-04-2012, 01:23 PM
I have just discovered that my Uncle Mike's #3 pocket holster (< $10) works great for AIWB carry. It has 1" wide horizontal strips of rubbery material on the front and back that are positioned such that the tension of the belt makes them lock the holster in position. Yet it is not sticky all over or super thick like a Remora, so it is easy to insert or remove with my belt fastened. It covers the trigger and provides just enough padding to make it comfortable to carry your gun there. I do it with a little negative cant so that the grip doesn't stick up, but lays horizontal just above my belt, and the cant also puts the muzzle inside my thigh when sitting down. Comfortable all day and very easy to draw standing or seated. Not bad for $10! :D

HDoc
01-04-2012, 01:57 PM

:eek:

KMA
01-04-2012, 02:20 PM
I have been trying to use a IWB but they are all to big, bulky, easy to see, also hold the gun to high. I have been Mexican carring around the property. Much more cofterable and less noticing. I do this without one in the chamber. Thinking about trying a roma pocket holster IWB but think even that will be to bulky. I only 5,3 135lbs. I also always where jeans with a belt. I carry at 3:30. What are your thoughts.

I think you have not tried a quality custom leather holsters, otherwise you should not say things like that. And IMO carrying a firearm that is not chambered is a huge mistake.

jocko
01-04-2012, 02:38 PM
j#1 don't carry unloaded PERIOD figure out a safe holster no matter where u carry it but for darn sure carry the gun loaded. Ur no b iggie thatis for sure, so I can't tell u which is best but I can say an unloaded gun is just not the way to go.

TriggerMan
01-04-2012, 02:45 PM
I have been trying to use a IWB but they are all to big, bulky, easy to see, also hold the gun to high. I have been Mexican carring around the property. Much more cofterable and less noticing. I do this without one in the chamber. Thinking about trying a roma pocket holster IWB but think even that will be to bulky. I only 5,3 135lbs. I also always where jeans with a belt. I carry at 3:30. What are your thoughts.A Crossbreed type will adjust for ride height and cant. I can recommend Tommy Theis (pronounced Tice, rhymes with nice), also COMPTAC Minotaur.

You may want to search YouTube for options for women...even if you are a guy. They do have a harder time getting a concealed holster due to size. Please don't take offense if you are a guy. If you are a gal, Lima is perfect to help you. She has a bunch of videos up. Start here >

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGAb3JpUigM

3one5
01-04-2012, 06:37 PM
You are all right thanks for talking me out of the mex. going to see a custom guy and see what he can do.