PDA

View Full Version : The Travis Haley "Skimmer" trigger kit

melissa5
01-07-2012, 07:28 AM
I saw this kit on Glock Talk and after reading the web site, I knew that I had to have it. http://shop.glocktriggers.com/The-HALEY-SKIMMER-GT-13.htm It is advertised as a carry trigger that gives the Glock the feel of a 1911. :eek:
They do this by somehow removing/reducing the pre-travel. Straight out of the box, it feels good, but the trigger pull is heavier than my Ghost Rocket 3.5 with competition spring setup. But, the lack of pre-travel is great. I decided to put in a 4 lb striker spring and now it feels a lot more like a 1911. I will be running this setup in my race gun.

The Skimmer is kind of pricey, but some of the other trigger kits that I looked at cost even more.

CJB
01-07-2012, 09:38 AM
Hmmm.

Bill K
01-07-2012, 10:18 AM
I guess all kinds of neat and cool things could be tried on range/competition gun, some might even help to improve your performance. They offer do offer a "duty/carry trigger system" but it sounds like their just polishing parts.

IMHO, if you use your pistol in SD and it isn't a "clean" shoot it could cost you extra lawyer fees, for expert witnesses, to defend your trigger mods.

TheTman
01-07-2012, 10:20 AM
I myself wouldn't have a 1911 style trigger on a gun with no manual safety. Too great of a chance for a negligent discharge.

muggsy
01-07-2012, 04:02 PM
You mean to tell me that for only $158 I can install a trigger in a Glock that's almost as sweet as the stock trigger on my Kahr. Melissa, that's a bargain! :)

Barth
01-07-2012, 04:21 PM
It sounds interesting.
But I just ordered a factory P220 stainless extended sport barrel 5.5" - LOL!

Think I'll slow down for 23/24 hours - LOL!