PDA

View Full Version : '03 K9 Elite Info

Tinman507
01-11-2012, 06:22 AM
I'm looking at an '03 K9 Elite. Is there anything specific I should be looking at or for? Any known issues from that era?

I don't know the round count though it or much else at this point. Photos look decent with no visible marks or scratches.

Any guidance from the group would be very helpful.

ripley16
01-11-2012, 07:43 AM
Can't recall any problems with this particular model. They aren't as easy to find comparable used prices, but if the gun looks good, then a small premium over a comparable regular K9 of similar condition should suffice. Depending on it's condition, use, (unknown but a judgement call), and estimate of the age, then it should be around $600, give or take, up to around $700.

FLBri
01-11-2012, 08:27 AM
$700 would be quite steep for a used '03 Elite. You are approaching what you can find them for new at that price (and careful shopping). If it was perfect $600 would be a good price

Tinman507
01-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Well, I got a look at the K9 '03 Elite tonight. It's purdy.
There are a few holster marks and things but overall it's in pretty good shape.
I have it in my head that I want a full sized metal frame. It just felt awesome in my hands. The slide racks so much easier than my CM9.
I suppose I would replace the recoil spring not knowing how many total rounds are through it.
My son asked me the same thing I always ask him: "Is this a need or a want, dad?" Of course it's a want. But I've got the itch bad.

jocko
01-12-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm looking at an '03 K9 Elite. Is there anything specific I should be looking at or for? Any known issues from that era?

I don't know the round count though it or much else at this point. Photos look decent with no visible marks or scratches.

Any guidance from the group would be very helpful.

round count in the K9 means nadda. These guns are made to shoot until the cows come home, Do u have a birth dateon it, . U can checkthe serial # with the listing on glock talk under the kahr section of serial numbers. This should giv eu some indication of age, if that means anything. Am I missing something here does 03 elite mean 2003? If so ignore my above trivia. I like most would say for $700, maybe u should consider buying new and getting the 5 year warranrty behind it...

Tinman507
01-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Thanks Jocko. Serial indicates 2006. It's a 2003 Elite.
It's substantially less than 700.
January is the worst time to spend money but this one looks too good to be true.

Bawanna
01-12-2012, 07:09 PM
It's elementary Watson. A want creates a need! Is your happiness worth so little in the over all scheme of things.

If the little woman needs reassurance, you just tell her Jocko said it was A OK and buy with confidence.

I forget just where your at Tinman but best leave the word bawanna out of the conversation. If she confronts me I'll deny all knowlege. I'm skeered of woman, and snakes and bees.

OK?

Tinman507
01-13-2012, 05:03 AM
Honest honey, some dude named banana tole me a guy named jocko said it was ok. If you take the c, l, m & x out of the sentence, it says A-OK.
:third:

Tinman507
01-13-2012, 07:09 PM
Ever wonder why you hesitate on something but not know why?
Was getting ready to pull the trigger (bad pun) on one of two really excellent used Kahrs but I hesitated.
This morning our daughter wakes up with a raging toothache. Called off from school. Went to the dentist. Xrays show two wisdom teeth growing at weird angles into her jaw. Off to the oral surgeon. No dental insurance, of course.
So there went my new gun money.
She's on the mend and old dad will have to wait a bit before finding another gun.
Such is life :(

WPPD574
01-15-2012, 01:28 AM
Would you hook me up with the info on the gun? Im wanting an elite pretty bad!!

Tinman507
01-15-2012, 03:41 AM
Pm Sent