PDA

View Full Version : Db380

dirtkicker
01-11-2012, 01:17 PM
I previously owned a DB380 (which I traded in for a Kahr CM9). I did so due to experiencing pretty much the gammit of malfunctions with what is a nice shooting (when it functions) little pistol.

I expressed my opinion on the DB forum in a factual range report along with my expectations of how a self defense weapon should function and was promptly banned from their forum. Interesting. One and out.

If they could ever get their issues straightened out they may have something. Makes me wonder why they would rather make enemies than make it right.

getsome
01-11-2012, 02:10 PM
From what I hear there is a bunch of A-Holes running the DB forum and pretty much ban anyone who has anything negative to say about a DB pistol which seems to be pretty much everybody...

Glad you came over to Kahrtalk from the dark side...Bawanna is a great mod and the whole site is a friendy informative place...Enjoy your new Kahr...

dirtkicker
01-11-2012, 02:20 PM
From what I hear there is a bunch of A-Holes running the DB forum and pretty much ban anyone who has anything negative to say about a DB pistol which seems to be pretty much everybody...

Glad you came over to Kahrtalk from the dark side...Bawanna is a great mod and the whole site is a friendy informative place...Enjoy your new Kahr...

Thanks. I have a great feeling about my CM9. Enough to order some holsters for it.

Yeah they banned me quick. Basically they want you to play with different ammo and play w/your grip then tell you you're limp wristing etc. I told them that a self defense weapon may need to be fired one handed out of a vehicle or while I'm lying on my back and if you can't count on it to fire that was a load of crap. He called me a troll. :( LMAO. Whatever.

Bawanna
01-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Well dirtkicker, your up to 9 post here so your record is much better here at kahrtalk. None of the troll meters went off so you should be ok.
That CM should be a keeper and if it ain't, there's lot of folks here that will make it one.

Note to self, cancel banning getsome, he's aces in the new 2012 book.
Keep eyes on Jocko, Jfootin, WMD, and Wyntrout.

dirtkicker
01-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Well dirtkicker, your up to 9 post here so your record is much better here at kahrtalk. None of the troll meters went off so you should be ok.
That CM should be a keeper and if it ain't, there's lot of folks here that will make it one.

Thank you. The CM9 will be my ccw weapon. I put a CT laser on it and have no doubt we will have a long and wonderful relationship. :)

Bawanna
01-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Thank you. The CM9 will be my ccw weapon. I put a CT laser on it and have no doubt we will have a long and wonderful relationship. :)

Your welcome in my canoe anytime. If the relationship goes beyond that lets close the darn closet door and what ever you do don't tell Melissa, or TD2K, or Jdlott. You know reputation and all. Images. Crap, maybe he meant the CM9? My bad, open the closet door, put the canoe away.. Carry on.
I'm not really a laser guy but I put one on my PM45 and I like it alot. Doesn't add bulk, still easy to carry and it's a terrific practice tool.

dirtkicker
01-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Your welcome in my canoe anytime. If the relationship goes beyond that lets close the darn closet door and what ever you do don't tell Melissa, or TD2K, or Jdlott. You know reputation and all. Images. Crap, maybe he meant the CM9? My bad, open the closet door, put the canoe away.. Carry on.
I'm not really a laser guy but I put one on my PM45 and I like it alot. Doesn't add bulk, still easy to carry and it's a terrific practice tool.

You'rer a funny guy. The question is funny funny or funny ha ha?
Let's just say you're a goodfella.

getsome
01-11-2012, 03:14 PM
After looking over the DB talk forum and seeing post after post of FTF, broke trigger , how long for repair time and people talking to the DB mothership and being told the problems were due to the shooters grip and not due to there being a problem with the gun would scare me completely away from any DB product...

There was one post in the DP9 forum about frame shavings which looked really bad from the pictures and Longitude Zero who is a member of Kahrtalk posted something like Man that is unacceptable in a self defense pistol and one of those shavings could easily tie up the gun leaving the operator at room temp...

A perfectly good comment but the mod called him a troll and told him to knock it off...That kind of thing doesn't happen here and we all try and use our combined knowledge of known Kahr problems and cures to help each other out...

No machine made by man is perfect and that goes for Kahr pistols as well...The are a very tightly made gun and do require a break in period before they should be used as a reliable CCW gun but most issues will work themselves out with shooting or Kahr will correct the issue...

Popeye
01-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Welcome
I normally do not say to much about pistols I've never fired, especially negative things. After listening to others I can't say I've heard to many good things about the DB.380. I'm sure you'll enjoy your new CM9 and hangin out hear at Kahr Talk.

getsome
01-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Oh and thanks Bawanna, I got your picture on my new 2012 Kahr calendar and you look beautiful in that negligee, It's the perfect color on you and really matches your eyes but next time how about shaving your back, Ok....:p

JFootin
01-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Keep eyes on Jocko, JFootin, WMD, and Wyntrout.

What did I do? I'm innocent, I tell you! Innocent!!! :confused::blushing::w00t:

yqtszhj
01-11-2012, 04:16 PM
What did I do? I'm innocent, I tell you! Innocent!!! :confused::blushing::w00t:

I think it's the people you hang out with. Well that's what my parents always told me when I wasn't listening anyway..

Bawanna
01-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Oh and thanks Bawanna, I got your picture on my new 2012 Kahr calendar and you look beautiful in that negligee, It's the perfect color on you and really matches your eyes but next time how about shaving your back, Ok....:p

I suggested that very thing my own self but they were going for that caveman macho look. I did think the color was quite agreeable and thank you so much for noticing.

Note to self, maybe keep an eye on getsome afterall.

O'Dell
01-11-2012, 04:29 PM

What? I didn't make the cut??

Bawanna
01-11-2012, 04:37 PM
What? I didn't make the cut??

How were you able to post this, I thought your plug was already pulled. Aw wait, you got out on a medical for the forthcoming shoulder fix which incidently I hope goes off very well with a quick recovery time.

Some of these list are just too long to print the whole thing you know.

dirtkicker
01-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Welcome
I normally do not say to much about pistols I've never fired, especially negative things. After listening to others I can't say I've heard to many good things about the DB.380. I'm sure you'll enjoy your new CM9 and hangin out hear at Kahr Talk.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Longitude Zero
01-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Welcome. I too got the boot from that festering cesspool of a den of inequity DB. You won't miss it. Now that you are on a quality board with a quality weapons