PDA

View Full Version : PM40 ammo

Nocturnal_Emissions
01-11-2012, 07:08 PM
:confused:I'm in the process of deciding between CM9 and CM40, I have a question to those of you who have a PM40. Have you found certain ammo that has feed issues and have you found others that haven't had any problem at all. I have read people like Hornady Critical defense with sharp angle bullets that feed great and also Speer and others developing ammo for these micro pistols with steep feed ramps. I really want to go with CM40 if there are a lot of folks out there that have run lots of ammo without any failures, or just failures during break in period and perfect since, I would really like to know. Thanks, God Bless.

kahrnut1
01-11-2012, 07:26 PM
pm40 hornady critical defense runs great no failures. the only ammo that has given me problems is corbon DPX. DPX is my favorite carry load in other kahrs PM9, CW40 CW9 but about 20 rounds is all i can get in PM40 and i get a ftf. i probbaly just need more rounds through gun had it for several years but did not shoot it much until recently.

olympicmotorcars
01-11-2012, 07:35 PM
My PM 40 has been flawless for about 1000 rounds with gold dots and winchester white box and federal

Nocturnal_Emissions
01-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the info kahrnut, glad to see no failures with Hornady. That's awesome olympic its the ones like yours pushing me to go for the 40 which I do prefer over 9mm

getsome
01-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Go ahead and get that .40, You know you want it...My PM40 has never had a feed issue with anything...My carry load is the 135 gn Winchester Ranger from the previous post...I also have fired a couple boxes of Hornady Critical Defense 165 gn and they shot fine and that is the load I carry in my M&P full size...

Hornady also has a new round out called Critical Duty which looks like the Critical Defense round but is meant for Law Enforcement use and exceeds the demanding FBI standard for penetration through auto body sheet metal and windshield glass...The FBI currently loads Winchester PDX in their glocks and that load also shot in my PM40 fine but they are expensive...

Pick one and go with it if your pistol likes it...There are so many options for carry ammo and all will do what they say....Modern JHP carry ammo is so much better than what was available 10 years ago and will get the job done...

Now go shoot um up...:59:

Nocturnal_Emissions
01-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the input ya'll I'm really wondering how long it will take to receive a cm40 as I can't get an answer from a couple lgs or online stores. getsome why do you prefer to carry the ranger over the hornady 165? Is it because the difference in recoil, I tried out some 180 gr in a pm40 and it had some kick for rapid fire, is there a large diff between 135 and 165 in the pm40 considering rapid fire accuracy?

Nocturnal_Emissions
01-12-2012, 03:50 PM
I also wonder if anybody knows the average life expectancy of the pm40 recoil spring. Do they use the 18.5lb spring in current production pm40s. I read a lot of people have problems and kahr replacing with 20lb springs. I wonder if they change anything for the cm40 concerning this?

pm9fan
01-12-2012, 08:29 PM
Federal Gold Dots. No malfunctions and proven stopping round.

Using Gold Dots in my Glock 27 and H&K USPc 40.