PDA

View Full Version : Browning/Crossbreed

Dietrich
01-26-2010, 04:32 PM
I wrote in another thread about having a problem carrying my Hi Power IWB because it pulled my pants down a good bit.I had an IWB single clip holster given to me by an old friend. I ordered and received a new Crossbreed Supertuck for it and it seems the problem is solved.I have been carrying the Browning for two days and have not been bothered by the droops.I had no idea that the dispersal of weight would have this great of an effect.The one good thing about being ignorant is that you get surprised a lot. :001_huh:

In-Yo-Grill
01-26-2010, 04:55 PM
I wrote in another thread about having a problem carrying my Hi Power IWB because it pulled my pants down a good bit.I had an IWB single clip holster given to me by an old friend. I ordered and received a new Crossbreed Supertuck for it and it seems the problem is solved.I have been carrying the Browning for two days and have not been bothered by the droops.I had no idea that the dispersal of weight would have this great of an effect.The one good thing about being ignorant is that you get surprised a lot. :001_huh:

Love my Browning HP. I will eventually get the same holster for it because I'd love to carry it more often.

Just for grins, did you try any of your Kahr's in the holster? So far every BHP holster I've come across will also accommodate the Kahr Pseries pistols.

jeep45238
01-26-2010, 06:01 PM
If there's 2 clips holding the holster on the belt, and the further apart they are, the better it will distribute the weight, the better it will conceal, and the more secure on your body it will be throughout the day ;)

wyntrout
01-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Amen to that. When you have two to four layers of good, thick leather, a clip, AND the gun in one spot, it starts looking like you have a pretty noticeable bump on that side... and it's not all that comfortable, either. I should get my horsehide Minituck any day now for my PM9. I already have one for my not-yet-received P380N, but nothing else fits it.
I got my extra flush-fitting 6-round PM9 mags today, as well as a 7-round .45 for my future PM45N, DLC. I sent it to Mitchell of Tactical Kydex right after I got it, for him to make me 2 each IWB and OWB mag holders. When he gets the .45 mag, he will be able to make mag holders for all of the Kahrs -- .380, 9mm/.40, and .45.
Wynn:D

smenard415
01-26-2010, 09:48 PM
Greetings,

I have and use Crossbreed holsters for both my HK P-7 and my PM9. Very fine working holsters. Ugly, but they work very well. Good people to deal with as well.

Steve M

Dietrich
01-27-2010, 05:10 AM
Yeah,I like Crossbreeds too.This is my fifth one. I knew that it would be a superior holster but I was surprised at how much difference it made.

medezyner
01-27-2010, 05:39 AM
Has anyone compared the regular Crossbreed leather to their horsehair? Is it worth the extra $15? ($10 for the Mini)
How about the J hooks. Maybe get them just to see how it feels/fits.
Thanks

jeep45238
01-27-2010, 06:06 AM
A word of waring about J hooks - it puts the weight of the gun and holster on your PANTS not your belt - kind of defeats the purpose ;)

Dietrich
01-27-2010, 06:54 AM
Has anyone compared the regular Crossbreed leather to their horsehair? Is it worth the extra $15? ($10 for the Mini)
How about the J hooks. Maybe get them just to see how it feels/fits.
Thanks
4 out of the 5 Crossbreeds I own are made of horsehide.The reason I got them in horsehide is that the summers here in N.C. can be hellish as far as heat and humidity goes and horsehide doesn`t absorb moisture [sweat] as easily as cowhide. As far as comfort goes,I can`t tell any difference.IMO they are worth the extra money.I can`t comment on J-hooks as none of my holsters have them.

recoilguy
01-27-2010, 07:46 AM
I have never owned horsehide and can honestly say I have never been unhappy with cowhide. I am not saying I may not be some degree happier but I haven't felt the need to go that way. i only have 2 of those type holsters.

RCG

johnh
01-28-2010, 07:06 AM
I have been really amazed at how well the Supertuck distributes weight. I have Crossbreeds for all my carry pistols and even the heaviest 1911 carries comfortably in them.

John

wyntrout
01-28-2010, 08:48 AM
When I ordered the Minituck for my FUTURE P380N (ten months waiting tomorrow!) I went ahead and bought the J-hooks just because they only cost $5 for the pair and no additional shipping. I thought that I might use them for something else. I wish that I had gotten the horsehide for that one, though. I treated it with mink oil for moisture resistance 'cause it's hot down here and I sweat thinking about sweating. I did get the horsehide for my PM9, which should be here soon. I'm looking forward to a more secure carry. The raggedy UM IWB holster I'm using is noticeable the entire time I'm carrying the PM9 -- all the weight and bulge in one spot, plus the not-sure-it's-staying-put feeling!:(
Wynn

I sent Gary at AZ GR an email asking about switching to the DLC finish for my P380N order a few days ago, but no answer, yet. I would really like that finish and now that I have the PM9, I'm not so anxious about its little brother.:)