PDA

View Full Version : May be off the net for a bit

O'Dell
01-19-2012, 01:46 AM
I'm leaving for the hospital in less than an hour and the surgery is scheduled for 7:00 AM. I have no idea how I'm going to feel later today, tomorrow, or next week for that matter. I may disappear for a while or maybe not, I just don't know. If I do get back soon, I'll be slow because I never was able to locate that left handed keyboard. :rolleyes:

See ya later.

KMA
01-19-2012, 04:41 AM
Good luck and get well soon! Just make sure that they do not cut too much :biggrin1:.

muggsy
01-19-2012, 05:38 AM
Good luck and get well soon! Just make sure that they do not cut too much :biggrin1:.

Is he getting circumcised? :eek: Good luck, O'Dell.

TriggerMan
01-19-2012, 05:49 AM
I'm leaving for the hospital in less than an hour and the surgery is scheduled for 7:00 AM. I have no idea how I'm going to feel later today, tomorrow, or next week for that matter. I may disappear for a while or maybe not, I just don't know. If I do get back soon, I'll be slow because I never was able to locate that left handed keyboard. :rolleyes:

See ya later.By the time you read this, Welcome Back will be appropriate. Hope you are still flying on some good meds.

Not much has happened since you were last here....I bought another Kahr...Jocko bought a spell checker and (unconfirmed rumour) a grammar checker.....Barth bought all the new Sigs introduced at SHOT 2012...Bawanna learned to sing Opera...he'll have to tell that story....you know, the usual shenanigans!

Someone else will have to tell you the political news, maybe Muggsy. The rest of the gang is just sick about the last Primary.

P.S. There's a wild rumour that JohnH bought that new software for Jocko

P.P.S. Nearly forgot, GB1964 built you a keyboard that works by telepathy. He took the liberty of having some components installed in your head while you were under. A couple of Tylenol will fix those temporary headaches.

Happy April Fool's Day

jocko
01-19-2012, 06:04 AM
I'll cover for u O'Dell!!

jeepster09
01-19-2012, 06:30 AM
May the FORCE be with you.......oh wait wrong forum:yo:

JFootin
01-19-2012, 06:39 AM
I want your experience, the results and the recovery time to be much better than expected, and to see new pictures of super tight groups real soon, O'Dell! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

kahrseye
01-19-2012, 07:08 AM
Godspeed O'dell, hope all goes well and you are home quickly.

getsome
01-19-2012, 10:02 AM
Good luck O'Dell and when you read this, WELCOME BACK!!!...I'm sure all went well as you were in the best of hands...I'll be your wingman since I'm right down the road from you and if you want or need something just type it in one handed and it will be coming your way...Now get that new repaired wing flapin and get back here on the double...

wyntrout
01-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Good luck, buddy. Maybe you can find a nice .22 to shoot soonest when you get home. Take care.

Wynn:)

Armybrat
01-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Is he getting circumcised? :eek: Good luck, O'Dell.

Well if he is, he can tan the leftover hide and re-cover his recliner. ;)

Seriously though, best wishes for a speedy and comfortable recovery!

ltxi
01-19-2012, 05:16 PM
Good luck, guy!

Tnhillbilly
01-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Hope it all goes well!!

Ubaldo99
01-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Best wishes, O'Dell. Keep us posted.

CJB
01-19-2012, 06:55 PM
Two things for a hospital stay with surgery.

1. If you are so predisposed - you can self integrate a thought, to be the first waking thought, with corresponding actions, upon recovery. I implanted the idea to sing "Oh Suzanna!" upon semi-waking when I had some back surgery in 1998, much to the delight of the staff, and much to the shame of my significant other of that time in my life. As I recall, I did an encore of "John Henry" without actually being asked for said encore.....

2. HURRY - get one of those cheap rubberband guns from one of the suppliers like Cabelas. They work GREAT and you can shoot a nurse in the butt from 30 feet away! Don't forget a big bag of rubberbands to go with it. The ol' lady's boss (a surgeon himself) got one from me.... he was the TALK of the entire hospital with that thing, when he went in for an anal fistuala correction.

And don't forget - you can ALWAYS grabass, after surgery, and blame it on the anesthesia!!!~

CJB
01-19-2012, 06:56 PM
And good luck my friend, best wishes, and speedy recovery.

TheTman
01-19-2012, 06:59 PM
I hope everything went well O'Dell, and that you're back with us soon!

pocket pistol
01-19-2012, 07:30 PM
This will be another Welcome Back post. I said a prayer. Hope all goes well...

kramm
01-19-2012, 10:31 PM
Good Luck O'dell, be watchin for ya.

wyntrout
01-20-2012, 01:14 AM
It's a little late for the warning:rolleyes:... pilot lingo... "Watch your six!"... everyone else will have by now. :popcorn:I remember those neat gowns that they give you in hospitals... the ones that leave you little dignity... a chance to show your a$$. :eek:

Wynn:D

Armybrat
01-20-2012, 07:50 PM
I wonder if the funny juice has worn off yet?

O'Dell
01-21-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm back, sort of. Everyone said the procedure went well. Considering the pain in my shoulder, I'm not totally convinced. It took about five minutes to type a two line post.

JFootin
01-21-2012, 10:14 AM
Hang in there, O'Dell. Hope you got some good meds! :)

O'Dell
01-21-2012, 11:12 AM
I filled a script for 60 oxycodone But I haven't taken any. So far I've just used extra strength Tylenol.

MW surveyor
01-21-2012, 11:16 AM
I filled a script for 60 oxycodone But I haven't taken any. So far I've just used extra strength Tylenol.

Hey, welcome back. Take care and make sure that nobody followed you home after filling out the oxycodone script. :)

Tinman507
01-21-2012, 11:19 AM
O'Dell, I am glad it went well. Glad you're back. Of the many times I've had surgery I learned one thing....

They don't give out medals for gutting out pain. In fact a Doc once told me, if you get out in front of the pain with meds it's a whole lot better than trying to catch up to it. Hope you can get some rest without hurting too badly.

jocko
01-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Hey, welcome back. Take care and make sure that nobody followed you home after filling out the oxycodone script. :)

u have any oxycodone left jsut call Rush lIMBAUGH, HE WILLBUY UP ALLU HAVE LEFT..:59:

O'Dell
01-21-2012, 11:41 AM
O'Dell, I am glad it went well. Glad you're back. Of the many times I've had surgery I learned one thing....

They don't give out medals for gutting out pain. In fact a Doc once told me, if you get out in front of the pain with meds it's a whole lot better than trying to catch up to it. Hope you can get some rest without hurting too badly.

I just don't like taking pain pills. I wouldn't have filled it if Vickie hadn't made me. I think I've dozed about 4 hours in three days. It's almost impossible to sleep in that sling-pillow contraption they have me strapped into.

CJB
01-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Had back surgery... doc gave me scrip for percs. Took one, it knocked me out for half a day. The rest went into my freezer, for occasional use with migraines and such. Fourteen years later, I think there's still a nearly full bottle of 'em in there someplace!

muggsy
01-21-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm back, sort of. Everyone said the procedure went well. Considering the pain in my shoulder, I'm not totally convinced. It took about five minutes to type a two line post.

Anything that doesn't kill you makes you tougher. You'll live. Glad to see you're back. Didn't want to see your back in that hospital gown. :) Hang in there tough guy.

Armybrat
01-21-2012, 01:27 PM
That oxycodone, if it's anything like hydrocodone, will plug you up harder than a cement cork. That's what happened after my last stent implant.

Keep a barrel of Metamucil & a bushel of Thompson seedless grapes on hand in case you decide to take one.

MikeyKahr
01-21-2012, 05:04 PM
Good to hear that the surgery went well, O'Dell - hope you feel better soon. And yes, it's okay if you take a pain pill or three, Vicky will not think you are any less of a man for doing so. Do it if for no other reason that it'll give you a chance to get some much needed sleep.

CJB
01-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Forgot to say - WELCOME BACK~