PDA

View Full Version : Tenn. Lays down the Gauntlet to NYC

Tinman507
01-19-2012, 05:35 PM
http://www.capitol.tn.gov/Bills/107/Bill/HJR0585.pdf

Doc Holliday
01-19-2012, 06:27 PM
At first I thought it was a joke...but it seems to be on the real website for the Tennessee General Assembly!

I especially like this part:

"BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that we remind the citizens of New York, especially those residing in New York City, to drive carefully through the great State of Tennessee, paying extra attention to our speed limits"

:)

CJB
01-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Oh you bet your sweet ass.... hehehehehehe..... I love it.

ltxi
01-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Oh, good Lord, so do I!!!

muggsy
01-19-2012, 07:08 PM
Tit for tat. If God wanted to give the world an enema he'd have a hard time deciding whether to place the tube in NYC or Washington D.C.

les strat
01-20-2012, 09:52 AM
Tit for tat. If God wanted to give the world an enema he'd have a hard time deciding whether to place the tube in NYC or Washington D.C.

Trust me, DC.;)

getsome
01-20-2012, 10:30 AM
Well Mr. New York City rat, I have a Tennessee writ here that says you are to quit messin with Ms Meredith Graves forthwith...Now it's a rat writ, a writ for a rat and this here is lawful service of same...

See he doesn't pay any attention to me...."BOOM"....You see you can't serve papers on a rat, Baby sister you either kill him or let him be....

What John Wayne would have to say about New York City crap like this!!!!...:59:....Fill your hands Bloomberg you SOB!!!...

KMA
01-20-2012, 12:17 PM
I will assume that this is not a hoax. I do not agree at all with the firearm laws in New York and I feel sorry for her, but this was her own fault for not knowing the law. This was not an "unfortunate misunderstanding" like the document says, she should have known the law. Hopefully this was only about negligence, and not recklessness or intention.

les strat
01-20-2012, 12:32 PM
I still say law or not, The 2 Ammendment should supercede all other lesser state, fed, county, etc, laws. The girl has a permit and is a citizen. She should be able to tote.

Man this country is off track.

jocko
01-20-2012, 01:18 PM
I still say law or not, The 2 Ammendment should supercede all other lesser state, fed, county, etc, laws. The girl has a permit and is a citizen. She should be able to tote.

Man this country is off track.

ur lesser definition of fed, county laws???/ federal buildings are off limits, school property's are off limits, courthouses are off limits, just asking:israel:

No doubt when the 2nd amendment was written, we didn't have 200 million guns in our country alone, let alone proballby millions of total nut cases walking around. ARMED.

gotta rememnber those tennessee folks didn't get called rednecks because they laid out in the sun to long:israel:

ltxi
01-20-2012, 04:32 PM
I used to carry a gun to school. I think the first time I was about 12. Put it my locker and went to off to class. At the end of the day my friends and I all took our .22s and went out plinking.

KMA
01-20-2012, 05:50 PM
I used to carry a gun to school. I think the first time I was about 12. Put it my locker and went to off to class. At the end of the day my friends and I all took our .22s and went out plinking.

I guess that was quite a few years ago ;)

kahrseye
01-20-2012, 07:01 PM
I really feel for this woman. Not only did she not know the laws in NY but when she saw the sign she should have kept her mouth shut. We've heard other stories similar to this (without state delcaration) and it didn't fare well with the arrested. Also sending that declaration to Bloomberg is going to do squat. In fact he may make an example of her. What a cluster.

ltxi
01-20-2012, 07:29 PM
I guess that was quite a few years ago ;)

Yeah....1954 or 1955. Took me awhile to figure it all out by counting on my fingers. Lost my abacus and still haven't figured out how to use these newfangled calculator thingys. :(

TriggerMan
01-20-2012, 07:30 PM

Man this country is off track.The law in NY is the law until it is changed. Those who engaged in civil disobience in the past, were always prepared to take the consequences. That probably is not the case here as I believe she was just ignorant and had no intention of making a political point. I thought every CCW holder in every State was aware of NY law after Plaxico Burress went to jail for shooting his own leg accidentally.

TriggerMan
01-20-2012, 07:33 PM
I really feel for this woman. Not only did she not know the laws in NY but when she saw the sign she should have kept her mouth shut. We've heard other stories similar to this (without state delcaration) and it didn't fare well with the arrested. Also sending that declaration to Bloomberg is going to do squat. In fact he may make an example of her. What a cluster.Tennessee's resolution won't move Bloomberg. I thought the implied threat about "speeders" from NY on TN Highways will hurt her in the Court of public opinion.

crazymailman
01-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Maybe all CCW holders should boycott NYC like so many threatened to do to Arizona over their immigration bill. Course I've been boycotting that city for a long time already.

les strat
01-20-2012, 09:13 PM
gotta rememnber those tennessee folks didn't get called rednecks because they laid out in the sun to long:israel:

Down here in Alabama, we call TN folk city slickers ;)

les strat
01-20-2012, 09:15 PM

Man back in the late 80's when I was in high school, it was nothing to see a dozen or more trucks with shotguns or rifles hanging on a rack in the back glass. No worries of theft. No worries of a shooting spree. Unless you were a deer.

Nowadays, the SWAT team would be there in seconds.

KMA
01-21-2012, 03:45 AM
Yeah....1954 or 1955. Took me awhile to figure it all out by counting on my fingers. Lost my abacus and still haven't figured out how to use these newfangled calculator thingys. :(

It is crazy how much the U.S. has changed in such a relative short period of time. I guess that is the price we have to pay for becoming more "civilized" :mad:. Well, if that is the reason then I want to become uncivilized again.

KMA
01-21-2012, 03:48 AM

What is the reason? :confused:

yqtszhj
01-21-2012, 05:21 AM
Hold on a minute. All us native Tennesseeans are NOT REDNECKS :7:
But you could probably call most of us hillbillys :D

Course I've lived in Les's state long enough I might could be reclassified now.

But I do know not to go to NYC, let alone carry anything there.

yqtszhj
01-21-2012, 05:23 AM
What is the reason? :confused:

If you lived in Alabama for a while you'd understand. In some places they are also considered yankees too. :)

KMA
01-21-2012, 07:23 AM
If you lived in Alabama for a while you'd understand. In some places they are also considered yankees too. :)

Thank you sir; I understand what you mean ... I think so.

Doc Holliday
01-21-2012, 08:28 AM
It is crazy how much the U.S. has changed in such a relative short period of time. I guess that is the price we have to pay for becoming more "civilized" :mad:. Well, if that is the reason then I want to become uncivilized again.

Yep, many times the 'Wild West' was a GOOD THING. A place where a man could be a man and where justice was carried out right then and there, none of this '20 years on Death Row' stuff.

We need more of the 'Wild West'.

muggsy
01-21-2012, 12:50 PM
There is nothing wrong here that National Reciprocity couldn't fix.

TriggerMan
01-21-2012, 01:17 PM
There is nothing wrong here that National Reciprocity couldn't fix.You are so right!

Am I correct that a Bill passed in the House, but has not come up for a Senate vote?

jocko
01-21-2012, 01:19 PM
probably won't make it through the senat and then the king ******* still has to sign off on it. so IMO just not gonna happen.

ltxi
01-21-2012, 05:12 PM
x2....it won't make it through the Senate.

Bkahrfull
01-23-2012, 10:49 AM
And the moral of the story is: DON'T SPEND YOUR HARD EARNED DOLLARS IN NYC!

hpg
01-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Way to go Volunteer State....:D

KMA
01-23-2012, 01:28 PM
You are so right!

Am I correct that a Bill passed in the House, but has not come up for a Senate vote?

Excerpt from http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D?d112:2:./temp/~bde4qn:@@@L&summ2=m&|/home/LegislativeData.php|

"...
11/16/2011 5:14pm:
DEBATE - The House proceeded with 10 minutes of debate on the Cicilline motion to recommit with instructions. The instructions contained in the motion seek to require the bill to be reported back to the House with an amendment to limit state reciprocity for carrying a gun for child sex offenders, domestic violence offenders and known or suspected terrorists.
11/16/2011 5:24pm:
The previous question on the motion to recommit with instructions was ordered without objection. (consideration: CR H7689)
11/16/2011 5:41pm:
On motion to recommit with instructions Failed by recorded vote: 161 - 263 (Roll no. 851).
11/16/2011 5:49pm:
On passage Passed by recorded vote: 272 - 154 (Roll no. 852).
11/16/2011 5:49pm:
Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
11/17/2011:
Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary."

O'Dell
01-23-2012, 01:43 PM
ur lesser definition of fed, county laws???/ federal buildings are off limits, school property's are off limits, courthouses are off limits, just asking:israel:

No doubt when the 2nd amendment was written, we didn't have 200 million guns in our country alone, let alone proballby millions of total nut cases walking around. ARMED.

I don't think people from Tennessee are routinely referred to as 'rednecks'. BTW, after living in Louisville for a number of years, you don't want to know what Kentuckians call people from Indiana. :D

O'Dell
01-23-2012, 01:44 PM

Same here.

yqtszhj
01-23-2012, 05:44 PM
I don't think people from Tennessee are routinely referred to as 'rednecks'. BTW, after living in Louisville for a number of years, you don't want to know what Kentuckians call people from Indiana. :D

Probably the same thing that Tennesseeans call them. :D But hey Jocko, I'll make sure to tell everyone I know there that you're OK. You might fit in Tennessee a little better than you would think.:rolleyes:

LaP
01-23-2012, 10:15 PM

Being naturally curious, I gotta ask..... what do Kentuckians call us Hoosiers?
Co'mon, let me have it... don't hold back, we can take it, turn it loose.
:32:

;)

O'Dell
01-23-2012, 11:12 PM
Being naturally curious, I gotta ask..... what do Kentuckians call us Hoosiers?
Co'mon, let me have it... don't hold back, we can take it, turn it loose.
:32:

;)

I can't repeat it on a family forum, especially during basketball season. :D

Armybrat
01-24-2012, 10:06 AM
God Bless Tennessee, but they're still mad at Texas.

They gave us Davy Crockett & Sam Houston, and we gave them Bud Adams & the Houston Oilers.

We sure got the best of that trade. :p

O'Dell
01-24-2012, 10:20 AM
God Bless Tennessee, but they're still mad at Texas.

They gave us Davy Crockett & Sam Houston, and we gave them Bud Adams & the Houston Oilers.

We sure got the best of that trade. :p

Trivia alert!!! Did you know that Sam Houston was the only person to serve as governor of two different states.?

Speaking as a native Tennessean, We want him back. You can keep the city.

BTW, we expect him to be returned in the original condition.

jlottmc
01-24-2012, 10:46 AM
You can have him back, in the condition that we dig him up in. If you furreners have it so great, why'd them folks leave and come here?

jocko
01-24-2012, 10:51 AM
You can have him back, in the condition that we dig him up in. If you furreners have it so great, why'd them folks leave and come here?

can't u figure that out. In KY and Tenn, they didn't have much to shoot at but when they headed \down to good ol texas, They bought property on the border and just shot illegals as they crossed the border. Damn everyone knew that, What else does Texas offer. Oh that right looser Perry:israel:

ol Sammy (thats what we called him up north here ) siad that was the best target pracitce he had ever had, ..:israel:

jlottmc
01-24-2012, 12:25 PM
Uhh jocko, we were the illegals then. Read your history, I know I know, you lived it, but that was a long time ago. Besides word around the campfire here is that ole Sam shot about as bad as you do, and that he won just for catching Santa Anna during a nap (smart move that). As for what else we offer, let's see the heat, the food, the women, and how many businesses have moved here?

Armybrat
01-24-2012, 03:41 PM
Uhh jocko, we were the illegals then. Read your history, I know I know, you lived it, but that was a long time ago. Besides word around the campfire here is that ole Sam shot about as bad as you do, and that he won just for catching Santa Anna during a nap (smart move that). As for what else we offer, let's see the heat, the food, the women, and how many businesses have moved here?

Actually, Austin's Colony & several others were legal....in fact invited by the Mexican government to settle on grants.

yqtszhj
01-24-2012, 08:44 PM
the food, the women, and how many businesses have moved here?

I have to admit, you win with those. Lived in Dallas/Ft. Worth for a while years back and visited there again about 13 years ago and on my visit I remembered that the food and the women are as HOT as the weather. Lots of good memories from living there.

jlottmc
01-25-2012, 09:32 AM
Yes we were invited, then overran the territory. We were also asked to leave, as well as being encouraged to do so. Problem for Mexico was the Yankees came to Mexico to get away from the US, and started turning Mexico into the US. I think we have seen that happen before and again now.