PDA

View Full Version : Kahr patent...

CJB
01-21-2012, 08:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYRHpolEC_Y&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL4CE3FEA6B5DB7930

I never saw that video mentioned here before.

Wondering though, the PM series doesn't utilize the trigger bar disconnect as described in the video. Interesting. I wonder why?

TriggerMan
01-21-2012, 09:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYRHpolEC_Y&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL4CE3FEA6B5DB7930

I never saw that video mentioned here before.

Wondering though, the PM series doesn't utilize the trigger bar disconnect as described in the video. Interesting. I wonder why?They mention that mags are USA made and the same supplier for over a decade.

OldLincoln
01-21-2012, 09:55 AM
PLEASE add the video link (titled something like Kahr mechanics - must view) at the top of the Proper Prep thread. If we can get new owners to understand a little bit about the mechanics we can point out what's happening in our support posts.

The disconnect has always been there. With the slide off it's that little shiny plate above the right grip. Slide it forward and the trigger is disconnected.

CJB
01-21-2012, 10:15 AM
The way its actuated....

The video says... its actuated by the barrel moving down, which to me is very innovative, and no doubt the claim of the patent. On the PM's I've got, its actuated by a half moon cutout in the slide.

jocko
01-21-2012, 10:29 AM
IMO The trigger bar has to be part of the kahr complete trigger system. If the trigger is not pulled forward the bar does nothing towards making the gun any safer. The striker block is what protects the striker from doing anything. Unless the trigger bar activates the cocking cam which is a kahr patent also, then again nothing happens either. The cocking cam is doing two things at the same time. #1, pulling the striker back and also pushing up the striker block to release the striker to fire. . The barrel moving down is just what every locked breech gun does, and without that happening u now have a single shot semi auto. It is basically unlocking everything in the gun where exact timeing has to happen for proper ejection, feeding and resetting etc.

pocket pistol
01-21-2012, 03:21 PM
I liked that video. Thanks for the post.

OldLincoln
01-21-2012, 05:36 PM
2.07 in video.... "... as the slide travels to the rear alone, a ramp on the right side cams the trigger bar down and out of engagement with the cocking cam..."

Pretty simple sounding and seems to mostly work. Don't know how it gets out of wack for some reinstalling the slide tho. I haven't been able to duplicate that.

CJB
01-21-2012, 08:10 PM
Thats what I'm sayin!!

Maybe on the metal frame Kahr's it does that, but on the plastic frames... the slide is the part that cams it down, not the barrel.

wyntrout
01-21-2012, 08:15 PM
You can jam the whole thing up if you push the slide lock pin all the way through the frame, but not through the peanut-shaped hole in the barrel lug. Guys have had to return the pistols to Kahr to have that corrected.

Wynn:)