PDA

View Full Version : PM45 night sights difficulty

hsart
01-27-2010, 05:30 PM
I have a PM45 with factory installed night sights - the Meprolight Tru-dots. Pretty nice sights that illuminate very well. The only issue with them is during daylight range time - whether indoor or outdoor range - I have trouble viewing the sights as they are dark and need to really concentrate to see them which takes an extra half-second to acquire. Could be an issue if I needed to get the bad guy in my sights. I have no problem with white dots on my other handguns. I attribute this to my age - 60s with bad astigmatism and definitely have slightly degraded eyesight from my youth. Does anyone have the same problem?

In-Yo-Grill
01-27-2010, 06:29 PM
Honestly if you are having trouble seeing the sights during the day then I'd be looking into the XS Big Dot sights to see if that helps any. From what I've heard they are easier to acquire visually during the day.

hsart
01-28-2010, 05:34 PM
Honestly if you are having trouble seeing the sights during the day then I'd be looking into the XS Big Dot sights to see if that helps any. From what I've heard they are easier to acquire visually during the day.
Good thought. it was mentioned to me today at the range as well. May put them on when I get my PM9.