PDA

View Full Version : PM9 or CM9?

Flyboyrv6
01-23-2012, 12:26 PM
I am trying to decide between the PM9 and the CM9 and I would appreciate some guidance. Is the PM9 worth the price difference? I know the basic differences, rifling, sights, 1 less mag, etc and these don't bother me but is there a perceived or actual difference in the build quality? In particular how smoothly the slide racks and the trigger feel between the two guns. Thanks for your help.

BEARDOG
01-23-2012, 12:32 PM
NO.

muggsy
01-23-2012, 12:32 PM
There is no difference in quality. If you are looking for a solid concealed carry pistol the CM9 fits the bill just as well as the PM9. If you like the extra mag and a few refinements go with the PM9. I doubt that anyone you shoot will notice a nickels worth of difference.

jocko
01-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Listen to these guys, buy the fokkin cm9. I own a PM9 and live it , bought it before the cm9 was even thought about. Had it been avaqilable backthen I would have bought the cm9. I can afford either but it is a defense gun, for me also my range gun and I have no doubts at all it will shoot right along with any PM9 made, as they really are the same gun.

That being said, u can't go wrong with either decision....The barrel difference , personaly is bull-sh-t. was not even a factor in my decision back then. MIM slide stop over forged, again was n ever a factor back then and would not be now, extra magazine, well most here know I have a hugh heart on for that butt ugly 7 round extended magazines. I knoew I was getting an extra magazine when I vbought my PM9, they just did not tell me it was BUTT UGLY. I callit my Michelle Obama magazine:third:

TucsonMTB
01-23-2012, 12:54 PM
Sure it is! You only go around once. Enjoy the best that you can comfortably afford. :p

TampaShooters
01-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Listen to these guys, buy the fokkin cm9. I own a PM9 and live it , bought it before the cm9 was even thought about. Had it been avaqilable backthen I would have bought the cm9. I can afford either but it is a defense gun, for me also my range gun and I have no doubts at all it will shoot right along with any PM9 made, as they really are the same gun.

That being said, u can't go wrong with either decision....The barrel difference , personaly is bull-sh-t. was not even a factor in my decision back then. MIM slide stop over forged, again was n ever a factor back then and would not be now, extra magazine, well most here know I have a hugh heart on for that butt ugly 7 round extended magazines. I knoew I was getting an extra magazine when I vbought my PM9, they just did not tell me it was BUTT UGLY. I callit my Michelle Obama magazine:third:

Although I think this guy was drinking when he posted, I agree.

JFootin
01-23-2012, 01:04 PM
Buy what you want. They are two versions of the same gun. No diff in quality of build, smoothness of slide and trigger. My CM9 is smooth, solid and reliable. Absolutely no play in the fit of slide to frame, it has that famous ultra smooth trigger and it is getting smoother all the time as I put more rounds through it. The same can be said for a PM9. Both are quality guns. But, IMO, don't get the CM9 if you will regret not having any of the features that are exclusive to the PM9. Me, I'm perfectly happy with my CM9 with the standard barrel, SS finish and pinned plastic front sight. I didn't want one of those troublesome 7 round mags, anyway, so I bought 2 more 6 rounders from CTD.

Hognutz
01-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Although I think this guy was drinking when he posted, I agree.

jocko has his own alphabet. You throw out every third letter, and it reads just fine.. rr yoiu gtting mmy driftt?? :p

P.S. If he tells you that the moon is made of blue cheese, get a knife and some crackers..He knows from whence he speaks..

Tinman507
01-23-2012, 01:30 PM
I have a CM9. Stacking the two guns next to each other you would be hard pressed to tell them apart. However...
In a perfect world if I had to choose all over again, I think I might go with an all black PM9. It just looks sexy. Plus you have the front sight dovetailed and a few other refinements.
Do they make the gun shoot better? Doubtful. If you can afford to do it, get the Cadillac. If not the Buick is just fine and will do the job for you.

O'Dell
01-23-2012, 01:31 PM
not to me!

crazymailman
01-23-2012, 02:53 PM
The only real reason,in my mind, to get a PM9 over the CM would be to get the black DLC finish.

Dreamliner787
01-23-2012, 05:06 PM
I saw several PM9's from one dealer on gunbroker.com for around $550 without credit card fees. So after shipping + FFL transfer this would be around low $600s and more reasonable. I already have a CM9 and happy with mine so not upgrading to PM9.

kahrnewbie
01-26-2012, 10:32 AM
Recently I purchased a PM9 and like it a lot. I didn't know about the CM9 at the time. I had wanted a pm9 for a few years and finally decided to get.

I don't regret not knowing about the CM9 though - I'm really happy with the PM9 and zero buyers remorse.

jocko
01-26-2012, 10:35 AM
one can't go wrong with the PM9, just not possable, it is not like your buying a new gun every week, so the extra bucks for the PM9 if that is what u wanted is then well spent.
I love my PM9 and Ihave well over 1K exctra in this gun for some custom work etc, that trust me if I ever decided to trade it or sell it, I would noty recoup 100 extra for allthat work either. One buys what he wants and can afford and then should just proceed to shoot it like he stole it..

Flyboyrv6
01-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the input guys... I a saving my pennies for a black PM9!