PDA

View Full Version : Cm9-(what a turd).....................

Littlejoe
01-23-2012, 01:44 PM
..........ALMOST.....

Seems you get more lookers with negitive titles...lol

Ok, Bought a new CM9 last week but weather has been to bad to get to my outdoor range,I have went through this gun and set it up like no other gun i have had, racking the slide 1000 times that i counted, well today it was 52 degrees here in southeast Indiana and i went to the range to break it in.100 wwb,50 rimington,50 pmc,50 hornady ftx and all where 115gr. We have 8in steel plates at 25 yds.First mag i hit 3 out of 6, second mag hit 4 out of 6. 3rd mag 1 hit then CLICK. took mag out and racked the slide spent case still in gun,like to never got it out. put mag in released slide, took aim and miss. took aim and CLICK....Spent rounds was in the barrel like it was not cycling at all,no stovepipes or jams.The next 60 rds i had to cycle by hand, tryin all types ammo.... Cold and pissed:mad:, at this time I thought I would field strip and ckeck it out. No tools, couldn't get the slide stop out without a punch and hammer.Cleared the gun, Took out my pocket knife and was tryin to pry the slide pin out of the left side of the gun, holding the slide back with my right hand,Knife tip broke and went up into my hand, Thank god i still had on my leather shooting glove. Still hurt like hell.:32: yelling afew words i can't type here.I grabbed the gun and slammed it down on edge of the bench. the slide put a 1/4 inch dent in the 2x6.

Start packing up my stuff,and already thinking about what I will tell Kahr about what I think of there gun, I thought I will give it one more try. Loaded the mag up and dropped the slide and took aim and 6 bangs.

The next 183 rounds went great with no problems. I feel at 25 yds i shoot it as good as my CW9....Next warm day i will give it another 250rds. and see just how good it will shoot....Everyone said they need broke in..But WOW....Never had that much trouble with any other gun....I will strip it tonight and clean,oil and make sure i didn't break anything.. I will not trust the gun at this point. If it will run the next 250rds with no problems i will carry it.... Sorry so long,and i still have faith in Kahr guns.

Good day all,

Littlejoe

Bill K
01-23-2012, 02:16 PM
Well you did end on a high note. Hope the further shooting you have planned is 100% without issue and you wind up with a piece that you can trust.

jocko
01-23-2012, 02:25 PM
for sure if u did not take the striker channel apart when giving it that cleaning, u now nee dto do so to assure urself there is not built up crud in that channel. after that use that clean out hole in the bottom of the slide. Maybe when u slammed it down u scared the3 hell out of the gun to. who knows 183 perfect rounds sure sounds good to go to me, reclean, relube, shoot it like u stole it. Kinda chilly here today northg of Terre Haute, but if the wind was dead, it would be nice..

crazymailman
01-23-2012, 02:51 PM
I grabbed the gun and slammed it down on edge of the bench. the slide put a 1/4 inch dent in the 2x6.

....I will strip it tonight and clean,oil and make sure i didn't break anything..

Littlejoe

Sounds to me like you fixed it.:D Maybe we could try that on a few politicians.

CJB
01-23-2012, 02:53 PM
What a gun! Heck, even when inoperable its still capable of inflicting a quarter inch gash in bench wood. Imagine what it would do if you smashed it against the bad guys face!~

evnash
01-23-2012, 03:01 PM
"I grabbed the gun and slammed it down on edge of the bench. the slide put a 1/4 inch dent in the 2x6"

Dude! i think you may have anger issues....

kpm9
01-23-2012, 04:58 PM
"I grabbed the gun and slammed it down on edge of the bench. the slide put a 1/4 inch dent in the 2x6"

Naw, the only people with anger issues are those that keep them all bottled up inside. As long as your not hurting anyone... no problem. :)

And look, it actually fixed the gun! :D

Dreamliner787
01-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Glad that it worked out for you. My only complaint about Karh is the magazines which I think could be designed better. They can start with how the magazine fit at the base of the frame.

OldLincoln
01-23-2012, 05:08 PM
I wonder is slamming it on a 2X6 is in the armorer manual.

CJB
01-23-2012, 05:29 PM
For a mere twenty five quid you too can find out...

sas PM9
01-23-2012, 05:32 PM

:cool:
Did he slam it on the ejection port side or the opposite?

May have to add that little 'tweak' to a kahr-tech sticky.

-steve:rolleyes:

GTM
01-24-2012, 10:36 AM

Either way maybe that should be added to the "Proper Prep of a new Kahr".:p

GTM
01-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Kinda chilly here today northg of Terre Haute, but if the wind was dead, it would be nice..

Small world! I work in Terre Haute!

jocko
01-24-2012, 10:42 AM
clinton, drink coffee everyt day in terrible haute.

Frankhenrylee
01-24-2012, 12:31 PM

I have used this technique with great satisfaction on many different things over the years. It usually works the first time or two. It's all in the wrist. Whenever it quits working that object then becomes target practice, also very satisfying and much more realistic than paper targets!

Chogers
01-25-2012, 09:26 PM
..........ALMOST.....

First mag i hit 3 out of 6, second mag hit 4 out of 6. 3rd mag 1 hit then CLICK. took mag out and racked the slide spent case still in gun,like to never got it out. put mag in released slide, took aim and miss. took aim and CLICK....Spent rounds was in the barrel like it was not cycling at all,no stovepipes or jams.

Good day all,

Littlejoe

My PM9 did this exact thing after breaking it in with 200 rounds. After 200 it was leaving the spent shell in the gun. I had some other guys working at the range try it also just to make sure it wasnt me. I figured after 200 rounds it was just too dirty to take anymore down range. So I took it home and cleaned and lubed her really good. I went back down to the range the following week and it started doing it again. First round loaded and fired just fine and than second shot left the empty shell and didnt extract it. I sent it back to Kahr and they shortened the spring and everything seems okay now. It was pretty frustrating though when you hear such good things about Kahr being flawless. Expecially the PM9!

Littlejoe
01-26-2012, 06:07 AM

The judge said my anger issues are getting better..lol:19:

Littlejoe
01-26-2012, 06:17 AM
My PM9 did this exact thing after breaking it in with 200 rounds. After 200 it was leaving the spent shell in the gun. I had some other guys working at the range try it also just to make sure it wasnt me. I figured after 200 rounds it was just too dirty to take anymore down range. So I took it home and cleaned and lubed her really good. I went back down to the range the following week and it started doing it again. First round loaded and fired just fine and than second shot left the empty shell and didnt extract it. I sent it back to Kahr and they shortened the spring and everything seems okay now. It was pretty frustrating though when you hear such good things about Kahr being flawless. Expecially the PM9!
This was new for a gun breakin for me....Did Kahr send you a shipping label? How long did they have it? Just wondering if I have to send it back. Weather has been nasty here so I have not had it back out.....I just hope its right. I know what I did was crazy,and slamming it down on the bench may not have anything to do with it working right now. But it made me feel better...lol...Thanks for all the great support and a great forum.

Littlejoe

Chogers
01-26-2012, 08:41 AM
This was new for a gun breakin for me....Did Kahr send you a shipping label? How long did they have it? Just wondering if I have to send it back. Weather has been nasty here so I have not had it back out.....I just hope its right. I know what I did was crazy,and slamming it down on the bench may not have anything to do with it working right now. But it made me feel better...lol...Thanks for all the great support and a great forum.

Littlejoe

I didnt have to do anything. My FFL dealer sent it in to Kahr for me with an explanation as to what was happening with it. Got it back in two weeks. Great customer service dept.