PDA

View Full Version : oh so nice to see

jocko
09-05-2009, 06:18 AM
a 3 kahr owner and love um all. can't say enough about my PM9 other than it has now over 24,000 rounds down range and looks like new and has never given me one issue. For me the best ccw gun I have ever owned.

Kudos to kahr for having this forum.

Jocko

K9 with 4500 rounds
P380 with 1400 rounds
PM9 24,000+

badge4436
09-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Jocko,

What have you replaced on the PM9 during the 24,000 round history? Recoil spring assembly? I bought an extra for a backup if the original wears out. Also have 6 six round mags and the original 7 round mag.

jocko
09-05-2009, 10:57 AM
Jocko,

What have you replaced on the PM9 during the 24,000 round history? Recoil spring assembly? I bought an extra for a backup if the original wears out. Also have 6 six round mags and the original 7 round mag.

I have replaced the entire recoil spring assembly twice and the outter recoil springs at least 4 tmes. Magazine springs once. I use the 6 round magaazine 95% of the time. harley ever use the 7 rounder for even range use. I practice the way I carry.

I did about 6 months ago go to the wolffs 20.5 recoil spring set up. That little cap on the endof the recoil spring willunscrew, to put ont he wolffs inner spring, just red lock tite it back on. I have since only replaced the outter recoil spring from wolds in the 20.5#. I have hadmy PM9 magna ported since the day I bought it.

Recently had cylinder and slide do some custom work on it and then had accurate-Iron do a slide melt and refinish in a titanium finish with 360 degree grip stippling with mag well cuts outs. I myself 360 degree contoured the slide stop lever and reduced it in size about 1/3 and blunted the end of the slide stop lever that pertrudes through the right side of the grip. It now looks like a trigger pin. I can still easily pop the slide stop lever out with ease. My PM9 has had xs big dot sites on it now for about 2 years. Love um for close and fast acquistion shooting. Mind u though they are not target sights, but damn when you point that gun, allyou see is that big front sight..

As with most kahrs mine will shoot anything that goes into the pipe. My defense round is 124 GD, but I also like the corbon 115 grain dpx round alot. Ilike to shoot my PM9 better than my G19 glock and my K9 kahr, although I shoot both of those more accurately but my PM9 is just a pleasure gun to shoot and being ported, just shoots like a 380 at best....

sharpetop
09-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Hey jocko! Its good to see a friendly name and another Indiana boy again. The last time I talked to you was probably a couple of years ago. You weren't too happy with a certain pocket gun and I mentioned something about throwing it in the Wabash river. I've got the same brand of pocket gun laying in my safe and am thinking about throwing it in the Whitewater river.

Any how, I too have discovered Kahr firearms and own a CW9. I'm thinking very serious about adding a PM9 for pocket carry.

jocko
09-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Hey jocko! Its good to see a friendly name and another Indiana boy again. The last time I talked to you was probably a couple of years ago. You weren't too happy with a certain pocket gun and I mentioned something about throwing it in the Wabash river. I've got the same brand of pocket gun laying in my safe and am thinking about throwing it in the Whitewater river.

Any how, I too have discovered Kahr firearms and own a CW9. I'm thinking very serious about adding a PM9 for pocket carry.

pollute the white river with that POS product. When I threw mine in the wabash river, the damn thing kept floating to the top, so I jsut buried it in the back yard:D

dollarguy
09-05-2009, 12:34 PM
a 3 kahr owner and love um all. can't say enough about my PM9 other than it has now over 24,000 rounds down range and looks like new and has never given me one issue. For me the best ccw gun I have ever owned.

Kudos to kahr for having this forum.

Jocko

K9 with 4500 rounds
P380 with 1400 rounds
PM9 24,000+

================================================
24k rounds at 6 per magazine is a whole lot of reloading magazines! I hope you have an UpLula loader. I carry the PM9 and love the light weight and better concealment, but I still keep my XDM in the car just in case I have enough anticipated time before an attack is committed.

:)

jocko
09-05-2009, 01:43 PM
my uplula,but hardly use it for the 6 rd kahr magazine. Use it alot on my g19 when I decide to load up the magazine, but again normally I only load about 6 to 8 rounds in my G19 even for range use, Yup that is alot of 6 round mag loading over 3 years.

No doubt the uplula is the finest magazine loader I have ever seen or used, Israile's know how to make good things for sure..

Ratmando73
09-06-2009, 07:47 AM
"contoured the slide stop lever and reduced it in size about 1/3"

Jocko,

I am impressed! 24,000+ down range. I thought I was busy with 11,000+ with my PM40.

Could you post a pic of your slide stop. Mine drive me nuts on both my PM40 and P40 Covert. I have Dremeled a little off of both but no where close to 1/3

Thanks,

Rat

jocko
09-06-2009, 09:21 AM
ratmando: I wish I could do that but my computer skills (along with spelling) lacks alot. My son did take some excellent photos of my custom PM9 and it is posted on the ar15.com site under the kahr section under "Porsches custom PM9. It is a real beauy and the photo shows the gun with close to 16,000 rounds at the time. Now if anyone can transfer those photos over to this site, they have my permssion to do so.
the photos show my contoured slide lock lever, U did the right thing with the dremel, just keep contouring 360 degrees. You can't hurt anything and at best if u ruin it,just buy another slide lock lever. It took me about 15 minutes to do the contour and the reduction of the pin protruding out the right side. being it is stainless, I just then polished the hell out of it with my dremel and cold blued the right side tip to blend in withthe black frame also.

I wish my son was home fromcollect go help transfer those photos. It also shows my magna-port job and the slide melt that accurate-iron did for me with 36-0 degree grip stippling by him also. Since that photo, I have added mag well cut outs. It is my 24/7 carry peace and I truly love to shoot it. 9mm ammo is still basicaly cheap, I can buy 100 rounds box of wwb at walmart for $1975 with my wifes discount, Right now doesn't pay memuch to try to reload.

Again if anyone can transfer those photos over to this forum, I would be indebted..
If you noticed though in the past year or so kahr has beveled the leading edge of the slide lock lever. IMO they need to do more...

coctailer
09-06-2009, 11:22 AM
Jocko, the pics are gone from your thread on ARFCOM.

If you want to e-mail them to me I can post them up for you.

jocko
09-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Jocko, the pics are gone from your thread on ARFCOM.

If you want to e-mail them to me I can post them up for you.

PM sent. thanks

Ratmando73
09-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Thanks Jocko. I am looking forward to seeing the pics. I am really tired of the slide release nicking my thumb. One other question. Did you have the magna-port done through the slide and the barrel or just the barrel?

Thanks,

Rat

jocko
09-06-2009, 03:09 PM
Thanks Jocko. I am looking forward to seeing the pics. I am really tired of the slide release nicking my thumb. One other question. Did you have the magna-port done through the slide and the barrel or just the barrel?

Thanks,

Rat

has to be both, barrel and slide. go to their webgb site magna-port.com and see and read allabout their process etc.

Yes I still have my hearing and still have my sight and no fires started from shooting my ported guns EVER

Ratmando73
09-06-2009, 03:33 PM
I used Magna-Port on a S&W44 Mag back in the middle 80's. They also chopped it to 2 1/2 inch and rounded the butt They did a great job and I couldn't believe the reduction in felt recoil. I have never tired it on a semi.

Rat