PDA

View Full Version : Steel case tulammo??

3one5
01-25-2012, 04:31 PM
Can I fire steel cases ammo? How is this tulammo. It's all they have at Walmart right now and I want to go shot. Is it safe in are Kahrs?

jocko
01-25-2012, 04:52 PM
some swear against any steel cased ammo, I don't think it willhurt a thing in a kahr, ur certainly never going to break a kahr extractgor. If thye price was super right, but a 100 runds and give it a try, if all works as it should go back and stock up. again our wal mart doesn 't sell that ammo or I would certinly give it a try, but if it wasjust a buck cheaper than federal or wwb, I would stay with brass cases. u didn't state what that ammo sells for at wal mart..

hpg
01-25-2012, 04:56 PM
It's exactly like the Wolf steel cased ammo. wouldn't surprise me if it was made in the same factory. box colors are the same...hpg

Bawanna
01-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Just my penny and a half worth, not worth 2 cents but there's gotta be some real ammo around you someplace. I use steel in Russian guns as they were designed and I really don't care that much for but I wouldn't shoot it in something I like or plan to carry.

It likely will not harm anything so my thinking is probably weak but I would'nt shoot it myself.

Whaleman
01-25-2012, 05:11 PM
http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=.380+ACP

Good deals here. I bought 1000 PMC .380 for 21.8 cents a round plus shipping.

3one5
01-25-2012, 05:43 PM
some swear against any steel cased ammo, I don't think it willhurt a thing in a kahr, ur certainly never going to break a kahr extractgor. If thye price was super right, but a 100 runds and give it a try, if all works as it should go back and stock up. again our wal mart doesn 't sell that ammo or I would certinly give it a try, but if it wasjust a buck cheaper than federal or wwb, I would stay with brass cases. u didn't state what that ammo sells for at wal mart..

Bought a box of 50 for $10.13 after tax. I'll let you know. Or I'll be asking for help on a fix. Lol

tv_racin_fan
01-25-2012, 05:45 PM
I believe Wolf is made in the tula plant as well as other plants.

I got no issue with it except that I don't reload steel cases...

I bought a Kahr K9 for $350 and got some Monarch ammo in the deal.. it is pretty much the same stuff may even be made in the same plant for all I know. It ran just fine.

The son tried some Tula in his 380 and I seem to recall it ran ok.

Just don't try to shoot 1000 rounds in a sitting and clean it real REAL good after, especially the chamber.

jocko
01-25-2012, 05:49 PM
Bought a box of 50 for $10.13 after tax. I'll let you know. Or I'll be asking for help on a fix. Lol

actually higher than wal mart federal 100 pak and less than a buck cheaper than wwb 100 pak at wal mart. I know what I would shoot

TheTman
01-25-2012, 05:50 PM
I save Russian ammo for Russian guns, AK's, Makarovs, SKS, etc.

tv_racin_fan
01-25-2012, 05:56 PM
actually higher than wal mart federal 100 pak and less than a buck cheaper than wwb 100 pak at wal mart. I know what I would shoot

EXCEPT what you gon do when all Wal Mart has is Tula?

"It's all they have at Walmart right now and I want to go shot."

I would for sure spend a few pennies more for brass cased ammo my self because I am saving the cases to reload or sell or give away or melt down and molding something else.

tv_racin_fan
01-25-2012, 05:57 PM
Can I fire steel cases ammo? How is this tulammo. It's all they have at Walmart right now and I want to go shot. Is it safe in are Kahrs?

Tell you what YOU pay for range time I'll bring the ammo! Depending on drive time I might ask you to buy lunch as well... :p

muggsy
01-25-2012, 06:05 PM

If steel cases were any damn good John M. Browning would have invented them. There's plenty of inexpensive brass case ammo out there that won't damage your gun. Brass is a little more expensive than steel or aluminum, but then you get what you pay for.

ltxi
01-25-2012, 06:26 PM
I save Russian ammo for Russian guns, AK's, Makarovs, SKS, etc.

I have a ton of Eastern Bloc 7.62x39 to supply my fleet of SKSs. Short of war, I'd never feed it to my Ruger Mini-30.

Same functional philosophy goes for all the rest of my guns.

3one5
01-25-2012, 06:28 PM
Tell you what YOU pay for range time I'll bring the ammo! Depending on drive time I might ask you to buy lunch as well... :p

I pay 16 hr at quickshot it's ITP near Emory. I would like to meet up and shot mostly because it is all new to me.

TriggerMan
01-25-2012, 07:39 PM
some swear against any steel cased ammo, I don't think it willhurt a thing in a kahr, ur certainly never going to break a kahr extractgor. If thye price was super right, but a 100 runds and give it a try, if all works as it should go back and stock up. again our wal mart doesn 't sell that ammo or I would certinly give it a try, but if it wasjust a buck cheaper than federal or wwb, I would stay with brass cases. u didn't state what that ammo sells for at wal mart..3 out of 4 ranges near me do not allow steel cased ammo. I fired 50 with a Sig P238 in .380, one of the 50 was a dud. In 9mm, the range sells it for $9.99, other 9 mm ammo is $14.95. I usually order various brands online at around $11/50

tv_racin_fan
01-25-2012, 09:01 PM
I pay 16 hr at quickshot it's ITP near Emory. I would like to meet up and shot mostly because it is all new to me.

HHMM we could sure set up a time and a place to meet then I know where Emory is as I worked in the Hospital there back in about 1975...

3one5
01-26-2012, 07:22 AM
HHMM we could sure set up a time and a place to meet then I know where Emory is as I worked in the Hospital there back in about 1975...

I was born in 1978 just saying. I would like some range time with a graybeard. I'll pm you my #

O'Dell
01-26-2012, 08:56 AM
I'm one of those that would never use it in any gun I care about, which means I don't ever use it, especially in one of my Kahrs.

Marcodo
01-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Shoots great out of my AK but would make me nervous out of my pistols. I reload everything but the 7.62x39 anyways