PDA

View Full Version : Magazines

mct883
01-26-2012, 02:48 PM
Why are kahr magazines so much $. they are just single stack. Also what makes the promags nogood? Havent used one but am afraid to after all the bad gossip. Can u make them work with a little tweaking? I would like atleast two more mags preferably tha 8rds with finger ext. but cant fork out another $80.:eek:

pocket pistol
01-26-2012, 04:07 PM
What's wrong with the Pro Mags? I was thinking about going that route, since the Kahr ones get such a bad wrap... I've had Pro Mags for some of my other pistols and they worked fine.

TucsonMTB
01-26-2012, 04:17 PM
What's wrong with the Pro Mags?
I dunno . . . I bought two and they look nice, but neither one will work in either of my PM40s. I did a little polishing, made sure the springs were in what appears to be the correct direction. No luck. Won't feed more than the top round.

By contrast, I have applied Greg's mod to all of my followers and all of my magazines, short and long work great with the two types of ammo I currently use. :)

Edited to add: My two seven round, .40 cal ProMags were purchased some time ago, before Greg published his follower modification tips. After just now applying a cautious version of his mod (the follower tops seem thinner than Kahr's) to one of the mags, it will now feed all seven rounds while hand racking! I'm guessing it will be fine for range use. :)

Thunder71
01-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Here ya go... best kept secret in factory Kahr magazines:
http://www.ivanhoeoutlet.com/shop/index.php?action=category&id=13&subid=36

HDoc
01-26-2012, 05:51 PM
Here ya go... best kept secret in factory Kahr magazines:
http://www.ivanhoeoutlet.com/shop/index.php?action=category&id=13&subid=36

Thanks for that.

jocko
01-26-2012, 05:52 PM
I have some Playboy mags. u think they would work OK?? Just aksin.. also a bunchy of hustler mags to, but they are all "messy", u would not want them:D

tv_racin_fan
01-26-2012, 10:41 PM
HHmm.. I got some mags to sell awhile back maybe I need to post em again. They got no action last time course now that Thunder posted that it wont be worth the effort..

MCT if you got any metal base plates you dont want I'll swap you some finger extensions.. I got a couple still.

OldLincoln
01-27-2012, 09:22 AM
Jocko, you sure brightened my early morning!! You remind me of Vinnie Barbarino and Fonzie, always some funny, smartas reply. You make this place feel comfortable - so thanks.

mct883
01-27-2012, 11:56 AM
Tv racin fan, no such luck on the baseplates only have the magazine that came with the cw9. I am definatley going to check out that link thunder sent best price ive seen yet.
Thanks