PDA

View Full Version : February's Fabulous Fixations and Frivolities.

Bawanna
01-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Is Frivolities a word. Guess so, the word police liked it.

You know the drill, if it don't belong no where else it fits here just fine.

With in reason of course.

Anyone want to exchange photos of guns with no grips sans holsters.

Sounds kind of kinky huh?

Tinman507
01-27-2012, 01:01 PM
http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o542/tinman507/frame.jpg

Bawanna
01-27-2012, 01:07 PM
Oh my that's smoking hot. No makeup either!

Bawanna
01-27-2012, 01:15 PM
For the benefit of new members this thread is perfectly open to thread jacking, subject deviation, out of the blue my day is going awful or my day is the best ever type comments.

There's no track to follow in this thread and we all understand and completely abide by the rules or lack of same in this thread created by the party of the first part and added to by the party of the all other parts.

Trying to sound like a lawyer, how did I do.

mightymouse
01-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Just like my magazine subscriptions. January isn't over and February new edition is already here. Bring on February's firearm forum fervor.

I think I just spit on my screen reading that.

Tinman507
01-27-2012, 01:46 PM
For the benefit of new members this thread is perfectly open to thread jacking, subject deviation, out of the blue my day is going awful or my day is the best ever type comments.

There's no track to follow in this thread and we all understand and completely abide by the rules or lack of same in this thread created by the party of the first part and added to by the party of the all other parts.

Trying to sound like a lawyer, how did I do.

I think you did just fine, Boss
http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o542/tinman507/shyster.jpg

mightymouse
01-27-2012, 01:49 PM
http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o542/tinman507/frame.jpg
And here's my 12 lb super model.

http://2.imimg.com/data2/XO/SK/MY-424310/human-skeleton-250x250.jpg

wyntrout
01-27-2012, 02:09 PM
12-lb super model?? What sex?? How can you tell?

Inquiring minds want to know... or not.

Wynn:D

Bawanna
01-27-2012, 02:16 PM

In the immortal words of Dear Dietrich it's elementary Watson. Look at those long slender fingers and it's smiling. Obviously female who definitely got in the last word.

Bawanna
01-27-2012, 02:17 PM
Just like my magazine subscriptions. January isn't over and February new edition is already here. Bring on February's firearm forum fervor.

Dang I better write that one down for use next February. February's Firearm Forum Fervor. Maybe I could use fever so I don't got to look up Fervor. I'm thinking excited, don't recollect that one in my last spelling bee.

JFootin
01-27-2012, 02:50 PM
Remember, O'Dell has a birthday this year. February 29.

OldLincoln
01-27-2012, 09:45 PM
Okay to start this month off with an old funny from 2008.....
===================

Why did the chicken cross the road?

BARACK OBAMA: The chicken crossed the road because it was time for change! The chicken wanted change!

JOHN MC CAIN: My friends, that chicken crossed the road because he recognized the need to engage in cooperation and dialogue with all the chickens on the other side of the road.

HILLARY CLINTON: When I was First Lady, I personally helped that little chicken to cross the road. This experience makes me uniquely qualified to ensure right from Day One that every chicken in this country gets the chance it deserves to cross the road. But then, this really isn't about me.

GEORGE W. BUSH: We don't really care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road, or not. The chicken is either for us or against us. There is no middle road here.

RICHARD CHENEY: Where's my gun?

SARAH PALIN: Where's MY gun? That chicken's got no choice!

COLIN POWELL: Now to the left of the screen, you can clearly see the satellite image of the chicken crossing the road.

BILL CLINTON: I did not cross the road with that chicken. What is your definition of chicken?

AL GORE: I invented the chicken.

JOHN KERRY: Although I voted to let the chicken cross the road, I am now against it! It was the wrong road to cross, and I was misled about the chicken's intentions. I am not for it now, and will remain against it.

AL SHARPTON: Why are all the chickens white? We need some black chickens.

DR. PHIL: The problem we have here is that this chicken won't realize that he must first deal with the problem on this side of the road before it goes after the problem on the other side of the road. What we need to do is help him realize how stupid he's acting by not taking on his current problems before adding new problems.

OPRAH: Well, I understand that the chicken is having problems, which is why he wants to cross this road so bad. So instead of having the chicken learn from his mistakes and take falls, which is a part of life, I'm going to give this chicken a car so that he can just drive across the road and not live his life like the rest of the chickens.

ANDERSON COOPER, CNN: We have reason to believe there is a chicken, but we have not yet been allowed to have access to the other side of the road.

NANCY GRACE: That chicken crossed the road because he's guilty! You can see it in his eyes and the way he walks.

PAT BUCHANAN: To steal the job of a decent, hardworking American.

MARTHA STEWART: No one called me to warn me which way that chicken was going. I had a standing order at the Farmer's Market to sell my eggs when the price dropped to a certain level. No little bird gave me any insider information.

DR SEUSS: Did the chicken cross the road? Did he cross it with a toad? Yes, the chicken crossed the road, but why it crossed I've not been told.

ERNEST HEMINGWAY: To die in the rain, alone.

JERRY FALWELL: Because the chicken was gay! Can't you people see the plain truth? That's why they call it the 'other side.' Yes, my friends, that chicken is gay. And if you eat that chicken, you will become gay, too. I say we boycott all chickens until we sort out this abomination that the liberal media whitewashes with seemingly harmless phrases like 'the other side.' That chicken should not be crossing the road. It's as plain and as simple as that.

EVERYONE'S GRANDPA: In my day we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Somebody told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough.

BARBARA WALTERS: Isn't that interesting? In a few moments, we will be listening to the chicken tell, for the first time, the heartwarming story of how it experienced a serious case of molting, and went on to accomplish its lifelong dream of crossing the road.

ARISTOTLE: It is the nature of chickens to cross the road.

JOHN LENNON: Imagine all the chickens in the world crossing roads together, in peace.

BILL GATES: I have just released eChicken2008, which will not only cross roads, but will lay eggs, file your important documents, and balance your checkbook. Internet Explorer is an integral part of eChicken2008. This new platform is much more stable and will never reboot.

ALBERT EINSTEIN: Did the chicken really cross the road, or did the road move beneath the chicken?

COLONEL SANDERS: Did I miss one???

MikeyKahr
01-27-2012, 11:42 PM

Yeah he'll finally be turning 16! Way to go O'Dell, let us know when you get your temps!

Sent using Tapatalk

O'Dell
01-28-2012, 01:23 AM

Yea! PM me for the address to send presents. :D

O'Dell
01-28-2012, 01:26 AM
Yeah he'll finally be turning 16! Way to go O'Dell, let us know when you get your temps!

Sent using Tapatalk

Actually, I was 16 four years ago. This year I make 17.

hpg
01-28-2012, 07:54 AM
You guys aren't normal. you know that? right?:eek::D

MW surveyor
01-28-2012, 08:04 AM
You guys aren't normal. you know that? right?:eek::D

If you are on this forum.............you probably aren't normal either :001_huh:

Bawanna
01-28-2012, 11:26 AM
Define normal. I don't have time to look it up, I get tripped up on the gun buying forms when they ask if I'm mentally defective. Is that a trick question?

Now I gotta think of a gift for a 17 year old. Hmmmm, this could be tough.

Can't believe they let younguns that young buy hog legs down in jawja.

hpg
01-28-2012, 12:39 PM
MW, you may have a point...........:D

tv_racin_fan
01-28-2012, 01:00 PM
I am normal... it is everyone else that is wierd.

Tinman507
01-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Here's a possible gift suggestion for O'Dell's 17th Birthday.

Happy Birthday O'Dell

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o542/tinman507/HappyBDayODell.png

JFootin
01-28-2012, 03:07 PM
Speaking of normal and wierd, my thoughts stray in some interresting directions. I have always been frustrated by our wierd calendar, with 30 and 31 day months interspersed randomly so that it is very hard to keep it straight in my mind. And, of course, we have the truncated month of February, which was chosen at random to carry the leap day every four years. Most of us know the history, but here it is briefly:
Basically Caesar Augustus stole a day for his month. - In the year 3961 AM, which we call 46 BC, Julius Caesar standardized the civil calendar of the Roman Empire so that it had twelve months with 30 days each. An extra 5 days were spread out among the months to keep the calendar in line with the seasons. Before then, the date depended on observations of the sun and the moon. He also introduced the concept of the leap day, which adds a day to February every four years. The month of Quintilis was renamed 'July' to honor him for this calendar reform. Later, Caesar Augustus made a minor calendar reform. Under Julius Caesar's calendar, leap day came in the middle of the month and had the same date as the day before. Caesar Augustus moved the leap day to the end of the month and gave it its own date. February was an unpopular month, because it contained an unpleasant religious observance, so he moved one day from February to the month of Sextilis, which was renamed 'August' in his honor, and now had the same number of days as Julius' month, July. Thus, February was left short.So, I decided to play around and see if I could come up with something that makes more sense. Here it is:

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/John_England/Misc/JFootinsSensibleCalendar.jpg

Let me point out a few of the sensible attributes of this calendar:

All months are 30 or 31 days.
The months alternate evenly between 30 and 31 day months starting with January at 30, February at 31, March at 30, etc., with December being the exception at 30 days, growing to 31 in leap years.
The quarters are also more uniform, being 91 or 92 days in length.
The leap day is added so sensibly at the end of the year.

Now, is that a more sensible calendar, or what? :cool:

LaP
01-28-2012, 04:32 PM
Why do Drive Thru ATM machines have braille markings on the keyboard?:rolleyes:

ltxi
01-28-2012, 04:46 PM

Bawanna doesn't want to get beat up for dereliction again and he has trouble with timing the first of the month. Time moves really fast at his age. So, better early than late and kudos to him for finally figuring that out.

jeepster09
01-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Needs some new grips......but hey it was cheap! How about it Bawana;)

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv276/jeepster09/glock.jpg

OldLincoln
01-28-2012, 04:57 PM
Now that's one seriously ugly looking gun. Don't want to think what the person holding it looked like!

Bawanna
01-28-2012, 05:08 PM
I'd say a liberal (dang I said liberal) coat of gunkote might be in order as well.

And itxi, you nailed it pal. Time just leaves me all the time. I'm thinking of tossing my watch. Just moves too dang fast for me.

Bawanna
01-28-2012, 05:13 PM
Just returned from a disappointing trip to my wood candy store. Granted I haven't been there in like 3 or 4 years but I came home empty.

Couple nice pieces of rosewood but not near the inventory of all the other exotic woods they used to have. I'm kind of sad. I planned to get some pink koa for all things Jocko even though he's kind of new. I still have lots of wood but was hoping for some highly figured and different stuff.
Sometimes different is good. Right? Please tell me I'm right. Once.

ltxi
01-28-2012, 06:25 PM
Now that's one seriously ugly looking gun. Don't want to think what the person holding it looked like!

Hey, hey!! Be kind! And I only charged him $20 + FedEx overnight + FFL fees for it.

wyntrout
01-28-2012, 07:24 PM
Dang! A Block doorstop! Or is it just an ugly paperweight. IS IT LOADED??:eek:

CharlieW
01-28-2012, 07:51 PM
I used to think that this forum tolerated eccentricity - now I realize that it encourages it !! Rock On, ladies and gents :D

wyntrout
01-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Yep, that's normble here.

Wynn:)

Bawanna
01-28-2012, 08:26 PM
Excentricity? You guys search for these words just to make me feel stoopid don't ya. Well yall gonna have to take it to the next level, any third grader knows excentricity is a perfect circle!.

So what does that say about us. We're all circles? We tolerate circles? That just don't make no sense at all.:confused:

Crap, must be one of them consanuts that's got more than one meaning and he means the other one. More research needed.

ltxi
01-28-2012, 09:23 PM
That would be "eccentricity". You're letting jocko's wrost egnlsh speeling habits get to you.

wyntrout
01-29-2012, 01:38 PM
The Debutante Hunters:

http://screen.yahoo.com/sundance-2012-debutante-hunters-short-27874990.html#polls

12:38 "Trailer"

jlottmc
01-29-2012, 01:46 PM

Count the ribs.

mr surveyor
01-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Excentricity? You guys search for these words just to make me feel stoopid don't ya. Well yall gonna have to take it to the next level, any third grader knows excentricity is a perfect circle!.

So what does that say about us. We're all circles? We tolerate circles? That just don't make no sense at all.:confused:

Crap, must be one of them consanuts that's got more than one meaning and he means the other one. More research needed.

you may be a perfect circle, but is yer axle in the center of the wheel:D?

jocko
01-29-2012, 04:54 PM
surv: Bawanna's axles have always been off center!!!

Bawanna
01-29-2012, 06:18 PM
I always have one axle off center. My first chief told me I needed to work on my officer swagger. It works perfect.

MW surveyor
01-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Bawanna - New grips for my 1911 (the 22 conversion installed at present). Tiger cocobolo. What do you think? Also installed a mag well on the gun.

BTW - Can't decide if I like the black screws or the stainless.

The wood is book matched. Depending on the way the light hits the wood, it will look either lighter or darker.

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l605/MWsurveyor/rightside.jpg
http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l605/MWsurveyor/leftside.jpg

Bawanna
01-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Bawanna - New grips for my 1911 (the 22 conversion installed at present). Tiger cocobolo. What do you think? Also installed a mag well on the gun.

BTW - Can't decide if I like the black screws or the stainless.

The wood is book matched. Depending on the way the light hits the wood, it will look either lighter or darker.

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l605/MWsurveyor/rightside.jpg
http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l605/MWsurveyor/leftside.jpg

Those are beautiful. I never seen wood like that and it's awesome that they are book ended. Did you whittle those yourself?

The stainless screws look great but I bet the black screws would look nice too.

MW surveyor
01-29-2012, 09:10 PM
Yep, took a few hours. Hardest part was inletting for the magwell. Did them a couple of days ago. The wood is the laminated dymondwood that they have in their catalog. Got it from the Texas Knife Supply last month when I went by there but did not get around to doing anything until this week. (work you know, in the Falkland Islands)

Bawanna
01-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Ya' know that's part of what we love about you, Bawanna!

Your post got me to thinking . . . here's a guy I miss. George Carlin in fine form (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q).

Ole George made me laugh so hard I cried many many times. A truly funny guy.

Bawanna
01-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Yep, took a few hours. Hardest part was inletting for the magwell. Did them a couple of days ago. The wood is the laminated dymondwood that they have in their catalog. Got it from the Texas Knife Supply last month when I went by there but did not get around to doing anything until this week. (work you know, in the Falkland Islands)

Well ya done damn good. I don't see the inletting for the mag well? The grip isn't just flush with the bottom of the frame where it meets the mag well?
I never played with a mag well, seen em of course but didn't look that close.

MW surveyor
01-29-2012, 10:02 PM
Thanks......The magwell is from Wilson Combat and it attaches to the gun using the lower pins for the grips (not welded on to the frame). The fit is very tight to the bottom of the frame. The metal hooks are thick enough to make the grips not fit flush with the frame so the grips have to be inlet on the backs to make them fit flush.

I'll take a picture later on to show how the magwell connects to the frame. Or you can go to the Wilson site to see it.

Bawanna
01-29-2012, 10:05 PM
Thanks......The magwell is from Wilson Combat and it attaches to the gun using the lower pins for the grips (not welded on to the frame). The fit is very tight to the bottom of the frame. The metal hooks are thick enough to make the grips not fit flush with the frame so the grips have to be inlet on the backs to make them fit flush.

I'll take a picture later on to show how the magwell connects to the frame. Or you can go to the Wilson site to see it.

Gotch, inletting on the backside, not the bottom. That's easier to handle before you shape the outside. Sometimes it's a royal pain to get all the inside stuff allowed for. The parts nobody see's or appreciates but takes the longest.

Beretta 92's are a pain. Made probably 20 sets of those, still a challenge every time.

MW surveyor
01-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Yes, its......inlet, fit, inlet, fit, inlet, dam probably too much :) Oh well nobody will ever see it ;)

Tinman507
01-30-2012, 04:55 AM
http://www.politifake.org/image/political/1008/urinalysis-inquiring-minds-want-to-know-political-poster-1281989285.jpg

wyntrout
01-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Firearms question:

http://comedyplus.blogspot.com/2011/05/firearms-question.html

LaP
01-30-2012, 04:38 PM
wyntrout: Is it me or do those women have terrible shooting stances? I'd be more than happy to demonstrate (first hand, up close & personal) the proper way of shooting. Granted, it WILL take many hours of rigorous one-on-one attention, but, hey I'm that kinda guy.

tv_racin_fan
01-30-2012, 04:42 PM
My wife took one look and said that just aint right.. She then said she is going to wear that purple dress I been trying to get her to wear to the range on the next trip. I been tellin her that no one except us will be shooting... everyone else will be standing around the counter watchin their TV monitors.

getsome
01-30-2012, 04:47 PM
Just two quick thoughts....That burnt up Glock belonged to the guy that snuck in the back door way past the time he told his old lady he would be home and his last words were something like this.... "Honey I swear I didn't do it and if I'm lying may God strike me dead"....KABOOOOOOM......and so he did...

The other thing is that NOBODY and I mean NOBODY who is a member of Kahrtalk is normble...It is specifically disallowed in the rules and bylaws....Besides normal is a setting on a cloths dryer not a behavioral requirement....:001_tt2:

Bawanna
01-30-2012, 05:01 PM
My wife took one look and said that just aint right.. She then said she is going to wear that purple dress I been trying to get her to wear to the range on the next trip. I been tellin her that no one except us will be shooting... everyone else will be standing around the counter watchin their TV monitors.

I don't suppose it would be proper to request photo's of the purple dress, naah, probably not. That would be normble and getsome said that ain't allowed here.

Maybe a link to the TV monitors, naw probably a bad idea too.

tv_racin_fan
01-30-2012, 05:10 PM
I don't suppose it would be proper to request photo's of the purple dress, naah, probably not. That would be normble and getsome said that ain't allowed here.

Maybe a link to the TV monitors, naw probably a bad idea too.

LOL! IF I can ever convince her to wear the dern thing I'll try my best to remember to get some photos.

I can't even recall what year it was I convinced her to buy it. She has since bought several of similar size that she has never worn except when she tried them on.

Bawanna
01-30-2012, 05:12 PM
LOL! IF I can ever convince her to wear the dern thing I'll try my best to remember to get some photos.

I can't even recall what year it was I convinced her to buy it. She has since bought several of similar size that she has never worn except when she tried them on.

It's a girl thing, don't try to understand it. Ain't gonna happen.

My apologies and forgiveness begged from the ladies but sometimes the truth just smacks right directly between the eyes and you gotta just live with the facts.

I'm sure I'll look like that melted down glockenspiel one day, I deserve it, I got it coming and oddly enough I look forward to it.

Bawanna
01-30-2012, 05:23 PM
House dress . . . yeah, just for you! ;)

In his dreams maybe. More for girls night out most likely. Think of it as a fishing lure. We got worms, they got purple dress's.

tv_racin_fan
01-30-2012, 05:34 PM
LOL!

Bawanna, we been married some 30 years. I learned a long time ago not to even try to understand... Guess she learned the same thing about me I got toys I aint never even opened the package.

House dress just for me would be awesome.. I can't even convince her to do that.

As for the girls night out thing. Long time back the girls she had workin for her asked her to go with them to some mail revue. She told them she would ask me, to which they replied NEVER do that he wont allow you to go. When she did ask I offered to drive so they could get plastered and really have a good time. When she told them that they asked her did I have younger brothers they could meet..

That purple dress was marketted as a bikini coverup.. one size fits all and it fit her. I'm guessing it was directed at teens since she was at the time a near perfect size zero and had a heck of a time finding grown up clothes. Is funny to me that she wont wear it considering the bikinis she had no issue wearing in public. Speaking of those bikinis she did ask me once if I minded the bikinis she wore. I told her heck no I love it when guys gawk at her because I knew who she was going home with. One daughter had a bad habit of stealing her bikinis...now the daughters tend to send clothes that they can no longer wear to her because she can.

JFootin
01-30-2012, 05:39 PM

I think she's reminding you that you better treat her right or she's going to put one of those dresses on and go trolling for a new man! She gets a new one every now and then just to remind herself and you that she can still fit in one. :behindsofa:

tv_racin_fan
01-30-2012, 06:20 PM
I think she's reminding you that you better treat her right or she's going to put one of those dresses on and go trolling for a new man! She gets a new one every now and then just to remind herself and you that she can still fit in one. :behindsofa:

IF that is her thinking she has me hook line and sinker and I am fully aware of that. Maybe that is why she gets flowers personally delivered to her at work after midnight now and again. I tell her now and again that I do that for her benefit. I explained to my son why I take them to her at work.. he reminds me now and again I need to buy some. Even got her trained so that when she buys them she thanks me for the flowers..

:boink:

JFootin
01-30-2012, 06:38 PM
IF that is her thinking she has me hook line and sinker and I am fully aware of that. Maybe that is why she gets flowers personally delivered to her at work after midnight now and again. I tell her now and again that I do that for her benefit. I explained to my son why I take them to her at work.. he reminds me now and again I need to buy some. Even got her trained so that when she buys them she thanks me for the flowers..

:boink:

LOL! You're a very wise man! :)

tv_racin_fan
01-30-2012, 07:28 PM
LOL! You're a very wise man! :)

Well I have been told that by some... seems to make my hat smaller.

What seriously confuses me tho is why young guys don't seem to understand. It only took one trip to work with flowers in my hand for me to get it.. course it took much longer before I actually started regular delivery. Men can be rather sloooooowwwww.

Bawanna
01-30-2012, 08:45 PM
As much as they grease the skids for all good things I just could never get a grasp on paying huge money for a plant material that will be dead and in the trash in days.
I'd rather buy an inanimate object that she can have and hold forever but you can't do damage control with diamonds and rubies especially if your in the dog house as often as I am.
Usually when I did nothing wrong too. It's very complex.

mr surveyor
01-30-2012, 09:29 PM
buy her an anvil

even mrs surv can't break them things

LaP
01-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Usually when I did nothing wrong too. It's very complex.

Bawanna, you don't ask questions. These rules were set up waaaaay before you and I existed. They are unwritten and yet they hold rock solid in the court of human relatons. Resist them and you expose yourself to untold punishment and expensive retribution. Heed the advice of those who came before us..... say you're sorry, promise never to do it again, and hope you remember what it was you were accused of in the first place.;)

tv_racin_fan
01-31-2012, 02:09 AM
Bawanna I buy the "cheap" bouquets the return on that investment far outweighs the cost.

AND wrong is relative, you and I may not understand what wrong we did but in the grand scheme of things that is irrelevant. "SHE" thinks we have done some wrong and thus we HAVE done wrong.

jlottmc
01-31-2012, 07:08 AM
Wield the power of the bear carefully. All I'm sayin. www.vermontteddybear.com

MW surveyor
01-31-2012, 07:49 AM
Wield the power of the bear carefully. All I'm sayin. www.vermontteddybear.com (http://www.vermontteddybear.com)

LOL - If I got SHMBO one of those, I'd be in the dog house for sure. Rather have a :boink:

Tinman507
01-31-2012, 10:55 AM
http://likeaphobia.org/images/3537.jpg

Bawanna
01-31-2012, 11:18 AM
I ain't buying it, we let em smoke, drive cars and vote. Just like the government, more, more, more.

I know. I'm a dead man. I'm going down. I'm packed and ready.

Tinman507
01-31-2012, 01:29 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GvTzUCM9G9w/TACIAdAddLI/AAAAAAAAIT8/UYyWA6OkDDc/s640/pms.jpg

Tinman507
01-31-2012, 01:30 PM
http://cache.blippitt.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Funny-PMS-Poster.jpg

jeepster09
02-01-2012, 07:11 AM
Wife comes home late...
Wife comes home late at night and quietly opens the door to her bedroom.

From under the blankets she sees four legs instead of two.

She reaches for a baseball bat and starts hitting the blanket as hard as she can. Once she's done, she goes to the kitchen to have a drink.

As she enters, she sees her husband there, reading a magazine.

"Hi Darling", he says, "Your parents came to visit us, so I let them stay in our bedroom. I hope you said hello to them."

wyntrout
02-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Ouch! Good one!

JFootin
02-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Just noticed:

"Most users ever online was 230, 01-19-2012 at 08:37 PM."
New record. We are starting to get a lot more attention. And for every new member that posts there are a dozen new readers. The Kahr pistols are getting recognized more and more for being quality built, thin, easy to carry pistols with the best double action trigger on the market! And I think the CM9 has, more than any other model, spurred this interest since its introduction. Although the CW line going for rock bottom prices are now getting a lot of interest. Frankly, I don't think there is a better value out there in a very sweet shooting, carry-able 45 than the CW45 (my next Kahr purchase)!

wyntrout
02-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Yeah, it took a year or two to best the last big day. I was kind of impressed 'cause I was on this historic day... then I joined the XD Forum... between 4 and 5 THOUSAND were online most of the time!!

Quantity vs. quality??

I just checked... maybe hit high traffic times... now:

Currently Active Users (http://www.***********/forums/online.php): 1236 (154 members and 1052 guests and 30 Spiders) http://img.***********/forums/images/styles/xd/misc/whos_online.gif (http://www.***********/forums/online.php) Most users ever online was 6,080, 01-23-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Bawanna
02-02-2012, 11:46 AM
I think it's just about perfect myself. Always something going on usually but not overwelming. I've took a peek at a few of the others and they are so huge and spread out I don't know how they keep track of everything.

Guess you need to specialize in your subject when you visit the crowded forums.

I keep meaning to visit the 1911 forum but never get around to it. I probably should get out more ya know.

wyntrout
02-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Another slow day here... can't get going on anything constructive. I tried the one-handed racking with my PM9... can't quite do it... run out of grasp... strength with just over 1" of the barrel exposed. That recoil spring is stiff... and my hands not so strong!:rolleyes:

I was gonna take a picture of an anole lizard sunning himself on my Rubbermaid lawn tractor shelter just outside the kitchen window... battery in charger... got it in the camera... trying to pre-focus the camera to shoot the correct distance through the blinds, the window and the screen... danged auto-focus... lizard went down the front of the shelter to non-optimum position for my picture.

It's almost 78° outside and kind of cloudy... half and half blue sky. There's still no Winter to kill the danged biters, putting a "crimp" in any plans I had for construction/repairs around the house... that and my procrastination and laziness!:rolleyes:

I did take the P40 to the range yesterday and tested my magazines... bought 5 new followers for the 7 I modified too much... shoulda' bought 6 or 7! :D
Blew off about 200 rounds "testing" but fun soon over.

Wifey's off today and tomorrow now... likes weekdays off for shopping. I have to remember to start the baby back ribs soon... 3 hours or so in the oven... last half hour or so slathered with Sweet Baby Rays Original BBQ Sauce... one of Wifey's favorites.

As we're sitting down for dinner, she'll ask what's for tomorrow night, but I think we may go out, though Friday and Saturday nights are busy... got the leftover liver, onions, and mashed potatoes from a few nights ago... got one of those Foodsaver vacuum thingies.. was worried that Zip Lock was phasing out their vacuum zip lock bags... jumped a little early, but love vacuum bagging everything!

Don K.
02-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Just returned from a disappointing trip to my wood candy store. Granted I haven't been there in like 3 or 4 years but I came home empty.

Couple nice pieces of rosewood but not near the inventory of all the other exotic woods they used to have. I'm kind of sad. I planned to get some pink koa for all things Jocko even though he's kind of new. I still have lots of wood but was hoping for some highly figured and different stuff.
Sometimes different is good. Right? Please tell me I'm right. Once.

I have lurked here for some time and posted a few....but .I would be remiss if I didn't say......I hope I still got wood at Bawanna's age...figured or not!!! (G)

Bawanna
02-02-2012, 01:17 PM
I have lurked here for some time and posted a few....but .I would be remiss if I didn't say......I hope I still got wood at Bawanna's age...figured or not!!! (G)

I try not to dwell on that thought. Sort of like a world without guns, what's the point ya know.

Don K.
02-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Bawanna, I was hopin you'd see the humor I was trying for there.....on another note, I know you've heard many many times that you are a gifted craftsman. I have enjoyed looking at the art work and almost need to buy a 1911 just to have some of your grips made for it.

Bawanna
02-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Bawanna, I was hopin you'd see the humor I was trying for there.....on another note, I know you've heard many many times that you are a gifted craftsman. I have enjoyed looking at the art work and almost need to buy a 1911 just to have some of your grips made for it.

If a pair of my grips is enough of a reason for you to get a new gun (don't have to be a 1911) then my life is worth living. We'll be ready when you are.
I've got a set to make now for a member here and I remember what he wants but I forget who he is. Gotta check my notes.
Half circle with checkering inside on a 1911. Ring any bells? I'll figure it out.

On at least two occasions I've made grips for friends for guns they wanted but didn't own. Both times they just left the grips laying around for SWMBO to see. Both said those are really pretty, why don't you put them on.

Well gee honey that's what I thought too but actually I don't have the gun they fit.

I'm happy to say both had happy endings.

I've done the same myself with ammo. Honey, got all this ammo and nothing to shoot it out of. That only works for 6 or 8 times and then they get suspicious though. Use it wisely.

Oh and thanks for the kind words. Gifted craftsman might be stretching it a bit but I do feel the need to bleed a little air out of my head. Feel all warm and happy ya know. Thank you.

JFootin
02-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Speaking of normal and wierd, my thoughts stray in some interresting directions. I have always been frustrated by our wierd calendar, with 30 and 31 day months interspersed randomly so that it is very hard to keep it straight in my mind. And, of course, we have the truncated month of February, which was chosen at random to carry the leap day every four years. Most of us know the history, but here it is briefly:
Basically Caesar Augustus stole a day for his month. - In the year 3961 AM, which we call 46 BC, Julius Caesar standardized the civil calendar of the Roman Empire so that it had twelve months with 30 days each. An extra 5 days were spread out among the months to keep the calendar in line with the seasons. Before then, the date depended on observations of the sun and the moon. He also introduced the concept of the leap day, which adds a day to February every four years. The month of Quintilis was renamed 'July' to honor him for this calendar reform. Later, Caesar Augustus made a minor calendar reform. Under Julius Caesar's calendar, leap day came in the middle of the month and had the same date as the day before. Caesar Augustus moved the leap day to the end of the month and gave it its own date. February was an unpopular month, because it contained an unpleasant religious observance, so he moved one day from February to the month of Sextilis, which was renamed 'August' in his honor, and now had the same number of days as Julius' month, July. Thus, February was left short.So, I decided to play around and see if I could come up with something that makes more sense. Here it is:

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/John_England/Misc/JFootinsSensibleCalendar.jpg

Let me point out a few of the sensible attributes of this calendar:

All months are 30 or 31 days.
The months alternate evenly between 30 and 31 day months starting with January at 30, February at 31, March at 30, etc., with December being the exception at 30 days, growing to 31 in leap years.
The quarters are also more uniform, being 91 or 92 days in length.
The leap day is added so sensibly at the end of the year.

Now, is that a more sensible calendar, or what? :cool:

Not a single comment? Surely, there are some creative minds here that appreciate this sensible solution that will never be implemented.

Bawanna
02-02-2012, 03:52 PM
I never realized there were only 28 days in February so I guess the whole concept was over my head?

MW surveyor
02-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Not a single comment? Surely, there are some creative minds here that appreciate this sensible solution that will never be implemented.

LOL

jFootin, don't get your feelings hurt. You could be like me and be the last post in a thread. :mad:

Bawanna
02-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Well this threads done, now what ya wanna talk about?

Bawanna
02-02-2012, 05:47 PM
You know I just thought of one of them idears. Why don't you send that to the big O and run it by him. Maybe it'll keep him busy the rest of his term scrutinizing it and he won't have time to screw up any more stuff with our country.

Sounds like a win, win to me.

wyntrout
02-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Hey! I just looked at my calendar... there's 29 days in February.

JFootin
02-02-2012, 07:09 PM
LOL

jFootin, don't get your feelings hurt. You could be like me and be the last post in a thread. :mad:

Oh, I've done that before. :o

JFootin
02-04-2012, 06:12 PM
BRITISH HUMOUR IS DIFFERENT
These are classified ads, which were actually placed in U.K. Newspapers:

FREE YORKSHIRE TERRIER.
> 8 years old, Hateful little bastard. Bites!

FREE PUPPIES
> 1/2 Cocker Spaniel, 1/2 sneaky neighbor's dog.

> COWS, CALVES: NEVER BRED. Also 1 gay bull for sale.
__________________________________________________ ______

> JOINING NUDIST COLONY!
Must sell washer and dryer £100.
__________________________________________________ ___________

> WEDDING DRESS FOR SALE .
Worn once by mistake.
Call Stephanie.
__________________________________________________ _________
And the WINNER is...

FOR SALE BY OWNER. Complete set of Encyclopaedia Britannica, 45 volumes.
Excellent condition, £200 or best offer.
No longer needed, got married, wife knows everything.

(Statement of the Century)

LaP
02-04-2012, 07:52 PM
My town is so small....
If you dial a wrong number, you still wind up talking for a half hour.

My town is so small...
The "Wecome to our town" sign says the same thing on both sides.

It's so small...
People only buy the newpaper to see if it got the story correct.

jlottmc
02-05-2012, 11:22 AM
My town is so small....
If you dial a wrong number, you still wind up talking for a half hour.

My town is so small...
The "Wecome to our town" sign says the same thing on both sides.

It's so small...
People only buy the newpaper to see if it got the story correct.

The little town my wife is from really is like that. They're all cousins and such up there. Don't even think about asking how to get somewhere, or who some one else is either.

OldLincoln
02-05-2012, 12:16 PM
In 1963, I got lost in London. I was holding a map trying to find where I was and how to get to London Tower. A very beautiful woman asked where I was looking for. I told her I wanted to see the sights and she said "I'm not doing anything this afternoon, why don't I show you around."

She was wonderful not only showing me the locations but giving me the history of all we saw. We had a delightful afternoon and I saw more than I ever expected. BTW, no kissey stuff, just thank you.

Very big town, very nice people (IN 1963!). Not the same in 1986!

jlottmc
02-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Ok I read this story once before, and now I have video to link to to. Only thing I will say is how? http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?175064-New-carry-concealed-method

jlottmc
02-05-2012, 03:38 PM
On second thought I'm not sure I want to know, but then again. One things for sure some one wouldn't have to fear the bubba visit. The phrase throwing a hotdog down a hallway comes to mind.

Bawanna
02-05-2012, 03:44 PM
I think a demo with tinmans top heavy wife would be beneficial for educational purposes of course.

jeepster09
02-05-2012, 03:52 PM
An old, blind cowboy wanders into an all-girl biker bar by mistake.

He finds his way to a bar stool and orders a shot of Jack Daniels.

After sitting there for a while, he yells to the bartender, 'Hey, you wanna hear a blonde joke?'

The bar immediately falls absolutely silent.

In a very deep, husky voice, the woman next to him says,

'Before you tell that joke, Cowboy, I think it is only fair, Given that you are blind, that you should know five things:

1. The bartender is a blonde girl with a baseball bat.

2. The bouncer is a blonde girl.

3. I'm a 6-foot tall, 175-pound blonde woman with a black belt in karate.

4. The woman sitting next to me is blonde and a professional weight lifter.

5. The lady to your right is blonde and a professional wrestler.

Now, think about it seriously, Cowboy. Do you still wanna tell that blonde joke?'

The blind cowboy thinks for a second, shakes his head and mutters, 'No...not if I'm gonna have to explain it five times.' :yo:

jocko
02-05-2012, 03:59 PM
lolrotflmao

jeepster09
02-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Sheep herding.....on a budget!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeuL5IGimCQ

MW surveyor
02-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Well, that brought on a smile :)

jeepster09
02-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Ed wanted desperately to have sex with this really cute, really hot girl in his office... But she was dating someone else.

One day Ed got so frustrated that he went to her and said, "I'll give you $100 if you let me have sex with you..."
The girl looked at him, and then said, "NO!"

Ed said, "I'll be real fast. I'll throw the money on the floor, you bend over and I'll finish by the time you've picked it up."

She thought for a moment and said that she would consult with her boyfriend...So she called him and explained the situation.

Her boy friend says, "Tell him $200, and you pick up the money really fast. He won't even be able to get his pants down." She agreed and accepts the proposal.

Half hour goes by, the boyfriend is still waiting for her to call. Finally, after 45 minutes the boyfriend calls her and asks, "What happened...?" Still breathing hard, she managed to reply, "The bastard had all dimes!"

Management lesson: Always consider a business proposition in its entirety before agreeing to it and getting screwed.

Tinman507
02-09-2012, 07:35 AM
The Pope and President Obama are on the same stage in Yankee Stadium in front of a huge crowd.

The Pope leans towards Mr. Obama and said, "Do you know that with one little wave of my hand I can make every person in this crowd go wild with joy? This joy will not be a momentary display, but will go deep into their
hearts and they'll forever speak of this Day and rejoice!"

Obama replied, "I seriously doubt that! With one little Wave of your hand....Show me!"

So the Pope backhanded him and knocked him Off the stage!

AND THE CROWD ROARED & CHEERED WILDLY and there
was happiness throughout the land!

Kind of brings a tear to your eye, doesn't it?
:roll:

Tinman507
02-10-2012, 08:27 AM
A Priest was being honored at his retirement dinner after 25 years in the parish. A leading local politician and member of the congregation was chosen to make the presentation and to give a little speech at the dinner.

However, he was delayed, so the Priest decided to say his own few words
while they waited:

'I got my first impression of the parish from the first confession I heard here. I thought I had been assigned to a terrible place The very first person who entered my confessional told me he had stolen a television set and, when questioned by the police, was able to lie his way out of it. He had stolen money from his parents, embezzled from his employer, had an affair with his boss's wife, taken illegal drugs and gave VD to his sister. I was appalled. But as the days went on I learned that my people were not all like that and I had, indeed, come to a fine parish full of good and loving people'.

Just as the Priest finished his talk, the politician arrived full of apologies at being late. He immediately began to make the presentation and gave his talk:

'I'll never forget the first day our parish Priest arrived, said the politician'. 'In fact, I had the honor of being the first person to go to him for confession'.
Moral: Never, Never, Never Be Late

JFootin
02-10-2012, 09:07 AM
Another good one, Tinman! :D

skiflydive
02-10-2012, 11:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRrUcM_DI2s

Tinman507
02-10-2012, 04:00 PM
OUT F***IN Standing!!!!

Man, do I EVER empthasize with that video!!

jeepster09
02-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Awesome!

LaP
02-10-2012, 04:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRrUcM_DI2s

Dad sure scored a real nice group. Not a flyer in the bunch.:D

OldLincoln
02-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Yup, I certainly understand that frustration. I have a good son and he has always been good, just some times better than others. After high school he moved out on a trial - make it on my own - thing as a planned experiment with blessings and an open door. He made it about 6 months before asking to return which we expected and welco0med.

But we got back a different kid than left before. He was embarrassed about his former attitude and kept asking me why I hadn't kicked him out years before. Being on his own with all the responsibility put a different light on things. It was like he had to see it from our side to understand it and he saw the light. We have been best friends since then and love to hang out. I'm very proud of the good man he has become.

Scoundrel
02-10-2012, 06:28 PM
The light grips against the stainless, with the black slide up top makes it look oddly off-balance to me. I think the black screws help to offset that a bit.

But, I'm not a wood grain grip sort of guy, so my opinion doesn't count for a lot.

wyntrout
02-10-2012, 07:02 PM
I emphasize, too.

Bawanna
02-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Ok, I can't find the Kahr picture thread where all this started. Somebody fess up, what did you do with it.

At any rate although I got a heck of a bad cold/flu thing going on I couldn't let my initial but not 100% PM45 stippling job alone so I just went out and approached it for a second attempt.
I took a flat type wood burner blade and basically flattened the front and back strap so I had a uniform surface to start with. Then just carried on with the stippling in those areas. I was so pleased that I went with a wrap around stippling pattern and unplugged and cooled down before I started looking for other victims. Some time ya gotta know when to fold em ya know......

Pictures of course. Idea's, recommendations or gentle criticism welcome.

Tinman507
02-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Yeah, Boss, I have a question?

In addition to custom wood grips, you wanna start a side business doing stippling? I'm interested.

jeepster09
02-12-2012, 05:35 PM
:w00t: I like it.

Bawanna
02-12-2012, 05:41 PM
Yeah, Boss, I have a question?

In addition to custom wood grips, you wanna start a side business doing stippling? I'm interested.

You know this is something that might actually pay. The biggest issue with this stippling is building up the nerve to attack your favorite expensive toy with a wood burning tool. I'm over that.
It's fast. I don't have half an hour into the whole deal and now that I see the result and how to get there it would be faster next time.

I love wood and I'll always mess with wood (although I'm dabbling a tiny bit in Micarta now) but regardless of the monetary contribution (Kahrtalk folks are very generous though) I can't make them fast enough or charge enough to actually do a profit. So I have to keep my day job. Admittedly I never tried but I don't see it happening.

Course if I messed one up warranting a new frame that would kill the profit for about 3 years too I reckon. That's why I'm not into money. Guns are a lot less grief.

Jeremiah/Az
02-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Very nice job, Bawanna, but won't that be a little rough on your hands? I can send you some cactus if you are really into pain!:eek: Just ask my dogs!

JFootin
02-12-2012, 06:12 PM
That looks great, Bawanna! Here is the thread where you started it. It is a sticky.
http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?p=132716&highlight=stippling#post132716

Bawanna
02-12-2012, 06:22 PM
That looks great, Bawanna! Here is the thread where you started it. It is a sticky.
http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?p=132716&highlight=stippling#post132716

You da man JFootin. Must be why I missed it being a sticky. I did do the search thing but must not have asked the right questions?

Glad you hooked me up, makes me even more prouder of myself, if my arms were longer I'd be patting myself on the back. Those in the initial post make me ashamed. Much much more better now.

I'll see if I can get my follow up post there moved. I know I can if I can just remember how.

Thanks

mr surveyor
02-12-2012, 10:22 PM
well, stipple me grips.....

sounds kinda like pirate talk:D

I would like to pirate that grip myself (insert pirate smilie here)

Tinman507
02-14-2012, 05:31 AM
I recently asked my neighbors' little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President someday. Both of her parents...liberal Democrats...were standing there so I asked her: "If you were President, what would be the first thing you would do?"

She replied, "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people."

Her parents beamed with pride.

"Wow...what a worthy goal." I told her, "But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that! You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and sweep my yard, and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house."

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?"

I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

Her parents still aren't speaking to me.

JFootin
02-14-2012, 07:40 AM
I recently asked my neighbors' little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President someday. Both of her parents...liberal Democrats...were standing there so I asked her: "If you were President, what would be the first thing you would do?"

She replied, "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people."

Her parents beamed with pride.

"Wow...what a worthy goal." I told her, "But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that! You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and sweep my yard, and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house."

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?"

I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

Her parents still aren't speaking to me.

Tinman, that is priceless! I really appreciate your creative humor! :):):)

jlottmc
02-14-2012, 07:47 AM
That is one that I have seen before and it's still funny. There are a couple of variations of it but still good.

A little girl had a sign that said free puppies to a good home, when the presidential motorcade happened by. obama gets out to talk to the little girl figuring that it would be good press, and asks what kind of puppies she has. The little girl takes a look and says that they're democrats. obama beams and says he'll be back tomorrow to get one if she still has them because he had other things to do. The next day obama keeps his word and comes back to the little girl who still has her puppies. He asks her again what kind of puppies they are because he brought along some friends and wants to show them how cute the little girl is. She takes a look and says the puppies are republicans. obama is confused and asks for an explanation. the little girl replies "These puppies are republicans because they have their eyes open today."

obama is at a classroom full of third graders and asks one of them why they are so sad. The child replies that yesterday his best friend was killed in a farm mishap. obama replies that it was an accident and that sometimes they happen. He then goes on to ask if the class knows what a tragedy is. One child raises her hand and asks if a tragedy is when a bus load of children drive off a cliff leaving no survivors. obama says no that is a great loss, and asks for another answer. A minute or two pass and little Johnny raises his hand. The teacher reluctantly calls on him, and Johnny says "the plane that you and Mrs. obama are in crashes and leaves no survivors. obama beams "why yes that's correct, now can you tell me why?" Johny thinks for a minute and says "Well its no great loss, and sure isn't an accident."

LaP
02-14-2012, 09:01 AM
Tinman507, that was spot on. That sums up their philosophy perfectly.

wyntrout
02-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Funny:

http://www.boortz.com/weblogs/nealz-nuze/2012/feb/13/obamadog/

JFootin
02-14-2012, 02:34 PM
Funny:

http://www.boortz.com/weblogs/nealz-nuze/2012/feb/13/obamadog/

Me and Neal go way back. I was listening to Boortz on my car radio on my way to work in Atlanta on September 11, 2001 when the news of the first plane hitting the WTC broke. I informed people on my floor about it when I arrived a few minutes later and we gathered around a TV in a conference room, to see the second plane hit a few minutes later.

I declared to those present that it had to be radical Islamic terrorists. An Indian contractor tried to shame me for saying so. I should have bet him $10,000 on the spot! I mean, really, who else could it have been?

A few minutes later, the VP of our division showed up and told us all that we had the choice to stay at work or go home. Many women were crying and unconsolable. By that time, we had heard about the strike on the Pentagon and the plane down in PA, so we didn't know if incidents would continue to develop in major cities all over the country. Seeing as how the Georgia-Pacific Center where I worked was the southern most signature sky scraper in downtown Atlanta, easily accessible to a highjacked plane coming from Hartsfield Airport just south of there, I decided to get outa there! :ohmy:

getsome
02-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Neal is a real gem alright...I will have to give him credit for saving me from becoming a lost liberal democrat although I will admit that I voted for Jimmy Carter (Ok I was wrong one time in my life) because he was from Georgia and a good man and thinking he was something that he was not and to this day I regret wasting my first trip to the voting booth...In 1973 I was in high school and was pretty much a long haired hippie with no real direction in life when I started listning to Neal Boortz on WRNG radio in Atlanta and the man just made sense to me and the more I listened to him the more I realized I was really a Libertarian after all...

Neal convinced me to read Atlas Shrugged and the light went on to me and has stayed on all these years....For a while Neal was mailing out a document called the Declaration of Individual Independence which I still have a yellow wrinkled copy of and can also be found on the internet which didn't exist way back then...

Many people don't like Neal but I really respect a man who tells it like it is and isn't afraid to call a spade a spade...Some people just can't deal with the truth...

jeepster09
02-14-2012, 08:00 PM
The teacher said, "Let's begin by reviewing some American History. Who said 'Give me Liberty , or give me Death'?" She saw a sea of blank faces, except for Little Johnny a bright foreign exchange student from Japan , who had his hand up: 'Patrick Henry, 1775' he said. 'Very good!' Who said, 'Government of the People, by the People, for the People, shall not perish from the Earth?' Again, no response except from Little Johnny, 'Abraham Lincoln, 1863'. 'Excellent!', said the teacher continuing, 'let's try one a bit more difficult...' Who said, 'Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country?' Once again, Johnny's was the only hand in the air and he said; 'John F. Kennedy, 1961'. The teacher snapped at the class, 'Class, you should be ashamed of yourselves, Little Johnny isn't from this country and he knows more about our history than you do.' She heard a loud whisper: 'F**k the Japs,' 'Who said that? I want to know right now!' she angrily demanded. Little Johnny put his hand up, 'General MacArthur, 1945.' At that point, a student in the back said, 'I'm gonna puke.' The teacher glares around and asks, 'All right!!! Now who said that!?' Again, Little Johnny says, 'George Bush to the Japanese Prime Minister, 1991.' Now furious, another student yells, 'Oh yeah? Suck this!' Little Johnny jumps out of his chair waving his hand and shouts to the teacher , 'Bill Clinton, to Monica Lewinsky, 1997!' Now with almost mob hysteria someone said, 'You little sh!t. If you say anything else, I'll kill you.' Little Johnny frantically yells at the top of his voice, 'Michael Jackson to the child witnesses testifying against him, 2004.' The teacher fainted. As the class gathered around the teacher on the floor, someone said, 'Oh sh!t, We're screwed!' Little Johnny said quietly, 'the American people, November 4, 2008.'

LaP
02-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Little Johnny is wise beyond his years.

jeepster09
02-14-2012, 08:08 PM
Little joco :eek:
Bawana is sitting on his porch 1 morning when little joco comes strolling by carrying something. Bawana yells hey little joco what do yo got in your hand? Little joco replies Duct Tape, I am gonna catch some ducks. Sure enough later he comes by with 2 ducks.

The next day little joco comes by again carrying something. Bawana says what do you got there? Little joco says chicken wire, I am gonna catch me some chickens. Sure enough, that afternoon little joco comes by with a couple of chickens.

The next day little joco comes by carrying something again. Bawana says what do ya got today? The little boy says p**** Willow. Bawana says hold on I'll get my hat.....:D

Tinman507
02-15-2012, 04:36 AM
Little joco :eek:
Bawana is sitting on his porch 1 morning when little joco comes strolling by carrying something. Bawana yells hey little joco what do yo got in your hand? Little joco replies Duct Tape, I am gonna catch some ducks. Sure enough later he comes by with 2 ducks.

The next day little joco comes by again carrying something. Bawana says what do you got there? Little joco says chicken wire, I am gonna catch me some chickens. Sure enough, that afternoon little joco comes by with a couple of chickens.

The next day little joco comes by carrying something again. Bawana says what do ya got today? The little boy says p**** Willow. Bawana says hold on I'll get my hat.....:D

+1 Good One!

jlottmc
02-15-2012, 08:54 AM
Jeepster, my uncle told me that one, only it had Bedreux and Thibideux in it, and was a little more involved in the beginning.

Bawanna
02-15-2012, 09:14 AM
You just gotta love that one.

JFootin
02-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Kahr's 2012 Brochure: http://www.kahr.com/PDF/12KahrBrochure.pdf

wyntrout
02-15-2012, 10:57 AM
I woulda' posted that but I thought someone had. There's even a "Bike" photo.

.pdf is protected, but here is a camera picture off my monitor screen of part of page 2 of the Kahr 2012 Brochure... cropped and resized to 640x480.

jlottmc
02-15-2012, 11:35 AM
mmmm yummy. I won't say which picture has been my desktop background for a couple of weeks now. Just wish I could re-size it and keep the image quality.

wyntrout
02-15-2012, 11:58 AM
See my previous post. I took a photo of my screen and cropped and resized it for here... just the "relevant" part of page two.

Monitors, if this is a copyright violation, please remove it... not trying to steal anything... or "misuse" it. :rolleyes:

I thought more people might look up the brochure with a sample of what's inside. Note the Kahr K9, I'm guessing... I have one... in her hand... the object of posting this part of the page.:D

Correction... I believe it's a MK9... "Lady-sized".

jlottmc
02-15-2012, 12:25 PM
She has a T9 or 40 in my picture, and ammo crates to stand on.

Tinman507
02-15-2012, 04:27 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/431374_181231208650842_100002918910220_307346_6428 37116_n.jpg

jeepster09
02-15-2012, 05:44 PM
Life of a flea
One winter year, these two little fleas headed for the warm sunny beaches of California to escape the cold. The first flea got there and started rubbing suntan lotion on his little flea arms and his little flea legs. Just then, the second flea arrived just a shiverin' and a shakin'. The first flea asked, "What the hell happened to you?" To which the second flea replied "I just rode out here on a bikers mustache and I'm so very coldddd!" The first flea said, "Don't you know the special trick to gettin here, first you go to the airport, go straight to the ladies cammode, wait for a pretty young stewardess to come along, and when she sits down you climb right up in there where its nice and warm". The second flea agreed that this was a grand idea. The next winter comes along and it was time for the fleas to head for the sunny beaches again. The first flea arrived and began putting suntan lotion on his little flea arms and his little flea legs. About that time, the second flea arrived again just a shiverin', shakin', and mumbling about how cold he was. The first flea exclaimed "Didn't you learn anything that I taught you about getting here nice and warm?" To which the second flea replied, "I did just as you said; I went to the ladies cammode and this pretty stewardess came in and sat down, I climbed right up in there and it was so very warm. Next thing I know we stop at a bar and I fell asleep. All of a sudden I woke and there I was, right back on that bikers mustache!

Tinman507
02-15-2012, 05:56 PM
Good one!!

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhjad6EJph1qgh97qo1_500.jpg

Tinman507
02-16-2012, 05:33 AM
SJOpXnVFJMU

jeepster09
02-16-2012, 03:04 PM
The IRS sent my Tax forms back! AGAIN!!! I guess it was because of my response to the question : "List all dependents?"
I replied -
12 million illegal immigrants;3 million crack heads;42 million unemployable people on food stamps,2 million people in over 243 prisons; Half of Mexico ; and 535 fools in the U.S. House and Senate.

Apparently, this was NOT an acceptable answer.

JFootin
02-16-2012, 03:27 PM
LOL! So true!

Tinman507
02-17-2012, 05:23 AM
jzn8aHcEzt0

crazymailman
02-17-2012, 02:04 PM
That's great. But you might want to lay low for a while.

Bawanna
02-17-2012, 02:07 PM
I gotta wait till I get home. Can't hear the words and don't even have speakers here. Which one's Jocko?

jocko
02-17-2012, 02:28 PM
someone has way way way to much spare time on his hands.

I have to admit Tinman, u are certainly original. u bring alof of LOL to this forum, keep up the good work- I guess it is good work.. Trust me!!!

jocko
02-17-2012, 02:29 PM
I gotta wait till I get home. Can't hear the words and don't even have speakers here. Which one's Jocko?

the one with thge Navy seals mask on, I also do some covert work for them, so I must remain assanomaus:behindsofa:

wyntrout
02-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Ha! Ha! You have too much time on your hands, too, Tinman.

Tinman507
02-17-2012, 02:51 PM
I suppose you're right, but it still makes me laugh a lot.
:D

jocko
02-17-2012, 03:00 PM
keep it up, ur good, not for alot but in this case ur good..

wyntrout
02-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Maybe a B00BY-trapped horse head!:eek:

DeaconKC
02-17-2012, 03:43 PM
"There is nothing better than surprise sex when you wake up

unless you're in prison."

jocko
02-17-2012, 04:26 PM
LOL, now thats a good one

Tinman507
02-17-2012, 04:38 PM
Maybe a B00BY-trapped horse head!:eek:

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o542/tinman507/B00by-Trap.jpg

MW surveyor
02-17-2012, 07:40 PM
OK, gonna try something that might not work. Well dang, it did work!

This is what I was doing in Singapore! This rig weighs 23,000 metric tons and is 330 feet long and 200 feet wide by 300 feet high.

Still here but will be back in the US on Sunday.

mr surveyor
02-17-2012, 07:43 PM
how the heck do you fish off that boat?????

sure can't do any bass fishing on the beds!

MW surveyor
02-17-2012, 07:45 PM
Heck, you can't even get to the beds with the boat or the rig.

Bawanna
02-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Boy you cut a big chunk out of that boat just to make room for that dive platform.

LaP
02-18-2012, 05:06 AM
How many skiers does it tow?

JFootin
02-18-2012, 06:55 AM
How do you get the platform off the boat when you get to where it is supposed to be deployed? Shoot, how did you get it on there in the first place?

wyntrout
02-18-2012, 12:24 PM
It has a helipad! If you can afford that big thing, then a chopper would be cheap!

wyntrout
02-18-2012, 01:20 PM
Seen 'em before, but still funny!

HOW TO START A FIGHT One year, I decided to buy my mother-in-law a
cemetery plot as A Christmas gift....
The next year, I didn't buy her a gift.

When she asked me why, I replied,

"Well, you still haven't used the gift I bought you last year!"

And that's how the fight started.....

My wife and I were watching Who Wants To Be A Millionaire while we were
in bed.

I turned to her and said, 'Do you want to have Sex?'

'No,' she answered.. I then said,

'Is that your final answer?'

She didn't even look at me this time, simply saying, 'Yes..'

So I said, "Then I'd like to phone a friend."

And that's when the fight started...

I took my wife to a restaurant.

The waiter, for some reason, took my order first.

"I'll have the rump steak, rare, please."

He said, "Aren't you worried about the mad cow?"

"Nah, she can order for herself."

And that's when the fight started.....

My wife and I were sitting at a table at her high school reunion, and
she kept staring at a drunken man swigging his drink as he sat alone at
a nearby table.

I asked her, "Do you know him?"

"Yes", she sighed,

"He's my old boyfriend. I understand he took to drinking right after we
split up those many years ago, and I hear he hasn't been sober since."

"My God!" I said, "Who would think a person could go on celebrating
that long?"

And then the fight started...

When our lawn mower broke and wouldn't run, my wife kept hinting to me
that I should get it fixed. But, somehow I always had something else to
take care of first, the shed, the boat, making beer.. Always something
more important to me. Finally she thought of a clever way to make her
point.

When I arrived home one day, I found her seated in the tall grass,
busily snipping away with a tiny pair of sewing scissors. I watched
silently for a short time and then went into the house. I was gone only
a minute, and when I came out again I handed her a toothbrush. I said,
"When you finish cutting the grass, you might as well sweep the
driveway."

The doctors say I will walk again, but I will always have a limp.

My wife sat down next to me as I was flipping channels.

She asked, "What's on the TV?"

I said, "Dust."

My wife was hinting about what she wanted for our upcoming anniversary.

She said, "I want something shiny that goes from 0 to 150 in about 3
seconds."

I bought her a bathroom scale.

And then the fight started......

After retiring, I went to the Social Security office to apply for
Social Security.

The woman behind the counter asked me for my driver's License to verify
my age.

I looked in my pockets and realized I had left my wallet at home.. I
told the woman that I was very sorry, but I would have to go home and
come back later.

The woman said, 'Unbutton your shirt'.

So I opened my shirt revealing my curly silver hair.

She said, 'That silver hair on your chest is proof enough for me' and
she processed my Social Security application.

When I got home, I excitedly told my wife about my experience at the
Social Security office. She said, 'You should have dropped your pants.
You might have gotten disability too.'

My wife was standing nude, looking in the bedroom mirror.

She was not happy with what she saw and said to me,

"I feel horrible; I look old, fat and ugly. I really need you to pay me
a compliment.'

I replied, "Your eyesight's damn near perfect."

And then the fight started........

I rear-ended a car this morning...the start of a REALLY bad day!

The driver got out of the other car, and he was a DWARF!!

He looked up at me and said 'I am NOT Happy!'

So I said, 'Well, which one ARE you then?'

That's how the fight started.

crazymailman
02-18-2012, 01:57 PM
How do you get the platform off the boat when you get to where it is supposed to be deployed?

That's the easy part, you just sink the boat.

jocko
02-18-2012, 01:59 PM
super, LMAOROTF they are great..

JFootin
02-18-2012, 03:46 PM
That's the easy part, you just sink the boat.

Well, I thought that might be how it's done. But it looks like the boat would have to be a submarine to dive deep enough to release the platform. :001_huh:

JFootin
02-18-2012, 03:55 PM
I am loving Discovery Channel on Saturdays! American Guns, Sons of Guns and one I hadn't seen before: Ready, Aim, Sold - the story of rare and collectible guns at the Rock Island Auction Company. Guns that will make you drool!!! :tongue::tongue::tongue:

jeepster09
02-18-2012, 04:07 PM
:yo: Wynn.......lmao

wyntrout
02-18-2012, 04:08 PM
John, you must be thinking "SHINY"!

ltxi
02-18-2012, 05:07 PM
:yo: Wynn.......lmao

x2.....

JFootin
02-18-2012, 05:33 PM
John, you must be thinking "SHINY"!

Yeah,

I went over to the LGS and drooled on the pistol counter for a while. Small ass town, but this LGS has all new guns and lots of them - pistols, rifles, shotguns, scopes, gear, clothing, knives. Couldn't find anyone to take some out and let me handle them. They usually only have one guy working there, even on Saturdays, when they ought to have at least four people serving customers. Of course, there are a lot of lookers because it is also a grocery/convenience/gas/farm supplies store, but I bet they could sell two or three times as many guns if they would just wait on some customers. :mad:

Then I come home and see all these great guns on TV that I can't touch, either! :32:

Bawanna
02-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Well I followed Melissa's lead and took a couple toys to the gunshow with me today. Lots of interesting stuff this time. I kind of wanted to bring home an H&R M1 Garand 22 cal training rifle but left it behind.

I did end up getting the wife a 638. Guy I've dealt with alot had one marked at 395 cash price. There were several at 400 and 1 at 495!! He ended up doing 370 including tax out the door. I traded in my unfired by me Cobra 38 derringer and an AA Arms AP9 that I've had for years with no magazine and I hadn't shot it. Didn't appeal to me, kind of a Tech 9 looking thing.
I liked the Cobra but it had about a 38 pound trigger and I figured I'd trade before I got attached to it. I really should have shot it just to see what it was like but oh well.
Hoping to take Mrs Bawanna out tomorrow and try the 638. She seems to be able to pull the trigger double action ok. As I anticipated she can't lower the hammer without it getting away. I'm sure she could get better at that but I plan to condition her to DA only. She can try a few single action at the range for fun without risk.

All in all a good day. Felt good about the trading and I still got a little money left over so I can order some Precision Delta bullets. Life is good.

jocko
02-19-2012, 04:00 PM
\nice gun, I had a J frame model 342 with CT grips on it, most accuract little J frame i ever shot. It was pre lock series and like an idiot (which I am called often) I sold it for no real reason even. I didnt nee dthe one and now ihve no idea even what I spent themoney on and now I have no model 342 either: stupid is as stupid does: Forrest gump.

I still say in my simple little mind that the J frame airweight hammerless is a great gun for a woman and with the rubber Ct's onit even much better, she will hit something with the CT grips on it and thye take zero room and they do worki great to..

For obvious reason which I haqve stated on here many ties a wheel gun is much better for a woman, especailly one (which most are to) who is not totally gun savvy but still wants to carry or have access to it if needed.

Bawanna
02-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Exactly my thoughts. She won't practice enough, (does anyone really). She seems to like it. I will definitely try the trigger job Tucson referred to. If that fails I might send it off. She does ok DA but says she feels it in her wrist. A little hand strengthening might be in her future.
Being left handed she's already somewhat handicapped but I can totally relate to that and hope Jfootin doesn't send me a letter bomb for considering it so.
I'm anxious to see his when it gets done at Ahlmans.

On the plus side, #1 son likes it too so if she don't get along with it, she can go back to the Colt and he'll take the 638.

JFootin
02-19-2012, 05:10 PM
I did end up getting the wife a 638. Guy I've dealt with alot had one marked at 395 cash price. There were several at 400 and 1 at 495!! He ended up doing 370 including tax out the door. I traded in my unfired by me Cobra 38 derringer and an AA Arms AP9 that I've had for years with no magazine and I hadn't shot it. Didn't appeal to me, kind of a Tech 9 looking thing.

I liked the Cobra but it had about a 38 pound trigger and I figured I'd trade before I got attached to it. I really should have shot it just to see what it was like but oh well.

Hoping to take Mrs Bawanna out tomorrow and try the 638. She seems to be able to pull the trigger double action ok. As I anticipated she can't lower the hammer without it getting away. I'm sure she could get better at that but I plan to condition her to DA only. She can try a few single action at the range for fun without risk.

Welcome to the club, Bawanna! A couple of things that will help lowering the hammer. First, let her try using the heel of her right hand to control the hammer. Press it down good and tight. Then, pull the trigger just enough to release the hammer and immediately release the trigger. The gun has a trigger safety, which means the firing pin is blocked unless the trigger is all the way back. Then, she can let the hammer the rest of the way down without the gun firing. In fact, she can just let it go, as long as her finger doesn't have the trigger pulled all the way back.

I actually found it easier to lower the hammer than to raise it. And I found that, with the hammer cocked, I could insert my right thumb in front of it for better control when releasing it than with the heel of my hand. When raising the hammer, it is not possible to get my thumb in front of it because the shield rises up where the hammer rests. That is why Ahlman's is lowering the shield for me.

The last thing is practice. She will improve her ability to do those things so quickly that it will surprise her. It is just a matter of getting to know the gun by handling it, working the hammer and the trigger.

MW surveyor
02-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Before we load, wood cribs are laid on the deck of the ship that is arranged to have the bulkheads and frames of the rig to land on. These are only 12" wide and we have to have the rig's frames or bulkheads be within 2" of the center line of the cribs. There are two posts located on the aft part of the ship that the starboard pontoon lays against. These are precisely placed to align with two of the bulkheads on the starboard pontoon.

The ship submerges (we never say sinks!) to a depth of 27 feet of water over her cut out part of the main deck. We then move the rig close to the ship, run out four control lines to the rig and then move the rig over the submerged part of the deck using the control lines and four tugs. The rig is then tightly held alongside the posts and the ship pumps out the water raising the ship and the rig out of the water.

To get it off the ship, we just reverse the process.

Even when we get all of the marks lined up properly, I'm pretty much always worried until the rig gets out of the water and I can get down on the deck to check the bulkhead and frame alignment with the individual wood cribs. We are talking about something that goes for 650 million dollars here!:w00t:

Bawanna
02-19-2012, 06:50 PM
I can see that being a major cause of ulcers and sleepless nights.

I imagine losing just one 650 million dollar rig would most likely get you fired huh?

Sometimes companies and bosses and mostly insurance companies have absolutely no sense of humor.

getsome
02-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Wonder if the call from Francesco Schettino captain of the Costa Concordia to his boss went something like this: Yea boss I got some good news and a little bad news...The good news is I finally got the ship docked...The bad news is that it's docked on its right side...:eek:...Better send a tug

Tinman507
02-20-2012, 10:49 AM
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/1202/captain-schettino-cruise-liner-captain-fail-demotivational-posters-1328633929.jpg

MW surveyor
02-21-2012, 02:16 AM
One thing about cruise ship captains. They always get the "pretty boys" to play captain.

Man, this jet lag is killin' me.

Tinman507
02-21-2012, 06:21 AM
Saw this on another forum. This totally gives me palpitations.

yCYZZPwJr_c

jlottmc
02-21-2012, 07:46 AM
I had that one forwarded to me by an officer friend of mine. My clumsy self would be tying off all the time, I tend to climb with my center of gravity far enough out that I would be tying off.

LaP
02-21-2012, 07:54 AM
Tinman507: I get scared when I stand up straight.

When that guy was climbing over some of the obstacles, I had moments of vertigo.

Tinman507
02-21-2012, 07:54 AM
When I was a lot younger (and dumber) I was a volunteer fireman and none of that stuff bothered me.
Then as I got older and had kids, I got "roped" into trying climbing and rapelling. It bothered me but I couldn't let the kids see me chicken.
Now that I am older and way more wise, there's NO Fo KK ing way you're getting me up there.

wyntrout
02-21-2012, 08:58 AM
HFS! Palpitations! Yes! :eek: I don't like being near the edge at great heights, but strap me in an airplane... no problem.

Climbing trees... going up was never a problem... coming back down was.

Thanks for the post. I hope those guys get a few more bucks than minimum wage!

OldLincoln
02-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Pucker factor of ten. I guess some folks are cut out for that but I'm not one of them. As a telco lineman I regularly climbed to 18' without a thought. I had to climb a railroad crossing once that was 30' and was painfully aware when I passed 18'.

Tinman507
02-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Italian pregnancy..

An 18 year old Italian girl tells her Mom that she has missed her period for 2 months. Very worried, the mother goes to the drugstore and buys a pregnancy kit. The test result shows that the girl is pregnant.. Shouting, cursing, and crying, the mother yells, 'Who was the dirty pig that did this to you? I want to know!'

The girl picks up the phone and makes a call. Half an hour later, a Ferrari stops in front of their house. A mature and distinguished man with grey hair and impeccably dressed in an Armani suit steps out of the car and enters the house.

He sits in the living room with the father, mother, and the girl and tells them: 'Good morning, your daughter has informed me of the problem.

I can't marry her because of my personal family situation but I'll take charge. I will pay all costs and provide support for your daughter for the rest of her life.

Additionally, if a girl is born, I will bequeath a Ferrari, 2 retail stores, a townhouse, a beach-front villa, and a $2,000,000 bank account.

If a boy is born, my legacy will be a couple of factories and a $4,000,000 bank account.

If twins, they will each receive a factory and $2,000,000 each.

However, if there is a miscarriage, what do you suggest I do?'

At this point, the father, who had remained silent holding a shotgun, places a hand firmly on the man's shoulder and tells him.

'You gonna give it another try.'

jocko
02-21-2012, 12:44 PM
if u ever quit this crap tinman, I will look u up, do u understand?????

Tinman507
02-21-2012, 12:47 PM
LOL. Jocko the Stalker :nerd:

wyntrout
02-21-2012, 08:48 PM
:eek: http://main.aol.com/2012/02/21/crocodile-bites-off-testicles_n_1291100.html

Wynn:eek:

OldLincoln
02-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Gun Discharge Oops! (http://main.aol.com/2012/02/21/man-accidentally-fires-gun-in-walmart-bathroom_n_1291088.html)

"As [he] pulled down his trousers, Seals' Ruger .357 caliber revolver fell out of it's holster, hit the ground and inadvertently fired."

So do Ruger revolvers discharge when hitting tile floors, or was something else going on?

OldLincoln
02-21-2012, 09:37 PM
Question???? I was talking to another member about waiting for the CM45 to come out. He asked me if it has been announced and while I thought Kahr had said it will be developed, now I can't find that. Have they said anything like it's in the works, or a date?

Bawanna
02-21-2012, 09:41 PM
Not that I'm aware of. I heard the 40 is in the works and maybe even out. Don't recall any word on the 45.

mr surveyor
02-21-2012, 10:16 PM
I'm holding out for the new CM46

tv_racin_fan
02-22-2012, 12:13 AM
When I was a lot younger (and dumber) I was a volunteer fireman and none of that stuff bothered me.
Then as I got older and had kids, I got "roped" into trying climbing and rapelling. It bothered me but I couldn't let the kids see me chicken.
Now that I am older and way more wise, there's NO Fo KK ing way you're getting me up there.

I did drilling and blasting work back in the day. Had this job blasting for the foundation for one of those towers. I dunno how long we drilled one day only to come in the next day and have the big boss come over and say umm boys you got to move over here. The guy who OWNED the mountain had come home the day before and checked out where they were placing the tower and called them and told them they could move it or not build it and he din't care which they did but it weren't going to be in the way of his sunrise or sunset whichever one it was...

Anyway the big boss of that corporation asked me if I wanted a job. He said you just the kind of guy I need and he offered me a heck of a wage. Said you can come home and take your wife out to eat on me every week too. I hadda tell him no I couldn't do that job I was scared of height I'd be so slow he'd fire me in less than a day. Now if I could be the guy on the ground for less than half of what he had offered I'd take that job...

tv_racin_fan
02-22-2012, 12:17 AM
Gun Discharge Oops! (http://main.aol.com/2012/02/21/man-accidentally-fires-gun-in-walmart-bathroom_n_1291088.html)

"As [he] pulled down his trousers, Seals' Ruger .357 caliber revolver fell out of it's holster, hit the ground and inadvertently fired."

So do Ruger revolvers discharge when hitting tile floors, or was something else going on?

Mine wont do so sir.. UMM ok I take that back my Ruger Old Army could do so.

jeepster09
02-22-2012, 07:11 AM
http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv276/jeepster09/Obamacaredentist.jpg

wyntrout
02-22-2012, 02:09 PM
The real reason that Queen Nancy is considering retiring, is that they took her Jet away.
The FACTS ARE IN

http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/f/c/1/pelosi_queen_nancy.jpg

As a result of a Judicial Watch filing under the Freedom of Information Act, the USAF released documents detailing House Speaker Pelosi's use of United States Air Force aircraft between March 2009 and June 2010. The data are published in the Judicial Watch Verdict of December 2010, Volume 16, Issue 12.

Here are the main highlights revealed by the USAF. Keep in mind that all the data below relate to United States Air Force aircraft used by one woman over a sixteen month period.

Several of these flights included Ms Pelosi's guests such as grown children, grandchildren, various in-laws, friends, and hangers-on. Over 95% of the trips were between the west coast and Washington , DC or what we might call a commute between home and the office. READ it and WEEP!!

Total trips:

85 trips over a 68 week period or

1.25 average trips per week.
Total mileage: 206,264 miles or 2,427 average miles per
trip
Total flying time: 428.6 hours or an average of 5 hrs per trip
Cost to the taxpayers: $2,100,744.59 or $27,715.00 per trip or $1,285,162.00 per year
Cost of in flight food and alcohol: $101,429.14 or $1,193.00 per trip or $62,051.00 per year.

On one junket to Baghdad, according to the Air Force report, she had the aircraft bar stocked with Johnny Walker Red Scotch, Grey Goose Vodka, E&J Brandy, Bailey's Irish Creme, Maker's Mark Whiskey, Courvoisier Cognac, Bacardi Rum, Jim Beam Whiskey, Beefeater Gin, Dewars Scotch, Bombay Sapphire Gin, Jack Daniels Whiskey, Corona Beer and several varieties of wine.

This was obviously a very important "gubment bidness" trip.

Evidence generally speaks for itself, and in Ms. Pelosi's case it speaks the language of abuse and (evidently) a serious familial drinking problem, for in a single year she and her spawn drank an amount in excess of the net income of the average employed American! When she said, "... If the stimulus doesn't pass, five hundred million people might lose their jobs...", I thought she was unintentionally revealing her ignorance. I'm now more inclined to think she was pickled.

Even though she can no longer abuse the USAF, she can either fly on her broom, or fly Southwest Airlines, where bags fly free.

If you are an AMERICAN citizen it is YOUR DUTY to PASS THIS ON!

jeepster09
02-23-2012, 09:06 PM
'Guy goes into a bar in Louisiana where there's a robot bartender!
The robot says, "What will you have?"

The guy says, "Whiskey."

The robot brings back his drink and says to the man, "What's your
IQ?"

The guy says," 168."

The robot then proceeds to talk about physics, space exploration and
medical technology.

The guy leaves, . . . but he is curious . . . So he goes back into
the bar.

The robot bartender says, "What will you have?"

The guy says, "Whiskey."

Again, the robot brings the man his drink and says, "What's your
IQ?"

The guy says, "100."

The robot then starts to talk about Nascar, Budweiser, the Saints
and LSU
Tigers

The guy leaves, but finds it very interesting, so he thinks he will
try it one more time.

He goes back into the bar.

The robot says, "What will you have?"

The guy says, "Whiskey," and the robot brings him his whiskey.
The robot then says, "What's your IQ?"

The guy says, "Uh, about 50."

The robot leans in real close and says, "SO, . . . you people . . .
still happy . . . with Barrack Obama???"

Tinman507
02-24-2012, 04:42 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/420712_250424631705358_244942365586918_566033_2843 17207_n.jpg

gb6491
02-24-2012, 06:09 AM

Mine wont do so sir.. UMM ok I take that back my Ruger Old Army could do so.
Unmodified, pre-1973 (three screw) Blackhawks could discharge if dropped.
These had no transfer bar and the hammer could rest on a loaded chamber as per the old Colt Single Action Army. These guns are best carried with the hammer resting on an empty chamber.
Regards,
Greg

Tinman507
02-24-2012, 07:51 AM
rBfsdkGeMc8

getsome
02-24-2012, 09:49 AM
Thats great!!!...I am sitting at my desk at work wearing headphones listening to this and about to fall out of my chair laughing...The guys in the backround laughing was almost as funny as the tape...keep um coming Tinman

wyntrout
02-24-2012, 10:01 AM
Yeah, I've heard it before, but it's still hilarious!:D

I hate telemarketers and politicians. The politicians exempted themselves and charities from the Do Not Call legislation, so they can annoy us all they want... and Call Block won't work with their numbers!

crazymailman
02-24-2012, 10:03 AM
That is great!

tv_racin_fan
02-24-2012, 06:43 PM
Unmodified, pre-1973 (three screw) Blackhawks could discharge if dropped.
These had no transfer bar and the hammer could rest on a loaded chamber as per the old Colt Single Action Army. These guns are best carried with the hammer resting on an empty chamber.
Regards,
Greg

Indeed sir. Can't modify the Old Army in that fashion. Tho it does, like the Remington 1858, have the notches between chambers that one can use.

jocko
02-24-2012, 07:18 PM
I remember when Ruger ran adds in every NRA and gun rag backin the 780;'s to upgrade any blackhawks and witht he transfer bar and would evens end the old parts back when the gun was done so that it cold retain its originality. This cost Ruger back then millions in that recall but they stepped up to the plate and didn't turn their backs on ther responsible thing to do. Many of my customers opted not to send um back though..

ltxi
02-24-2012, 08:06 PM
Which I also opted not to do. Why "deoptimize" a perfectly good Blackhawk as a sacrifice to the pc ignorant.

Kudos to Ruger for offering to fix the non problem. An everlasting pox on the idiots that "caused" it by not bothering to learn how to responsibly handle a gun.

OldLincoln
02-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Grab onto to something and hang on!! I visit the Earthquake site (http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/mapping/#data:eyJmaWx0ZXIiOnsibWluQWdlIjpudWxsLCJtYXhBZ2Ui OjE3MjgwMCwibWluTWFnbml0dWRlIjoiNCIsIm1heE1hZ25pdH VkZSI6bnVsbCwibWluRGVwdGgiOm51bGwsIm1heERlcHRoIjpu dWxsLCJtYXhNYXhFdmVudHMiOjI1MCwibGltaXQiOnsibGltaX QiOjIwMH0sImFnZSI6eyJtaW5pbXVtIjpudWxsLCJtYXhpbXVt IjoyfSwibWFnbml0dWRlIjp7Im1pbmltdW0iOjQsIm1heGltdW 0iOm51bGx9LCJkZXB0aCI6eyJtaW5pbXVtIjpudWxsLCJtYXhp bXVtIjpudWxsfSwibWF4bW1pIjp7Im1pbmltdW0iOm51bGwsIm 1heGltdW0iOm51bGx9fSwibWFwIjp7ImNlbnRlciI6eyJsYXRp dHVkZSI6MjMuMTc0NDkwMzE3NjE0LCJsb25naXR1ZGUiOi02Mi 44NjkyNjI1MjkwNDh9LCJtYXB0eXBlIjoiVVNHUyBUb3BvZ3Jh cGh5Iiwiem9vbSI6MCwib3ZlcmxheXMiOlt7Im5hbWUiOiJGYX VsdHMiLCJ2aXNpYmxlIjoidHJ1ZSJ9LHsibmFtZSI6Ik5ldyBG YXVsdHMiLCJ2aXNpYmxlIjoiZmFsc2UifSx7Im5hbWUiOiJHbG 9iYWwgSGF6YXJkIiwidmlzaWJsZSI6ImZhbHNlIn0seyJuYW1l IjoiVVMgSGF6YXJkIiwidmlzaWJsZSI6ImZhbHNlIn0seyJuYW 1lIjoiRWFydGhxdWFrZXMiLCJ2aXNpYmxlIjoidHJ1ZSJ9XX0s Imxpc3QiOnsiZGVmYXVsdFNvcnQiOiJ0aW1lIiwic29ydEFzY2 VuZGluZyI6ZmFsc2V9LCJyZXFjb25maWciOnsiZW5hYmxlVVRD Ijp0cnVlLCJhdXRvVXBkYXRlSW50ZXJ2YWwiOjMwMDAwMH19) to see what's going on in almost real time around the world. I only look at 4.0 and higher and for the last 2 days. I've never seen it as low as it was 5 minutes ago, relatively speaking, hardly anything anywhere in the world. Usually means the faults are constipated but will break loose soon.

jocko
02-26-2012, 10:50 AM
Which I also opted not to do. Why "deoptimize" a perfectly good Blackhawk as a sacrifice to the pc ignorant.

Kudos to Ruger for offering to fix the non problem. An everlasting pox on the idiots that "caused" it by not bothering to learn how to responsibly handle a gun.

defense it was a very wise thing to do. They paid dearly for that AD/ND on thgeir blackhawk when it happened and with today litigation process, they would probably be broke defending the lawsuits. IMO they did the right thing and what I always felt was ther great thing was that Ruger returned the original parts, so that if u ever wanted to sell it to anyone who desired the old style set up. U now had the best of both worlds. I personaly seen no point of not doing it, as Ruger paid full postage back then and the gun was never modified. responsiblity hasnothig todo with litigation today, if a jiury feels the manufacture should have did something different. the case is lost, especially if some child is sitting there brain dead because of a safety issue in agun that should have been there. It cost Ruger mllions back then but nothing IMO to waht it would have cost them today HAD THEY DID NOTHING....:cheer2:

OldLincoln
02-27-2012, 05:26 PM
Incidental Quotation:

I am reading a fiction called the Masada Protocol (spy novel), a surprisingly well written by someone who understands the English language, and came across the follow which I quote:

===============
“All societies are complicit in their own destruction,” Steve continued, his thoughts focusing again on their conversation. “By not demanding that all its members bear the consequences of their actions, a society gets wrapped around self-inflicted guilt for failing to adequately tend to the wants, not just needs, of everyone. The outcome is predictably ineffective and misguided legislation to regulate life. Worse yet is a society’s expectation that such legislation will correct life’s ills and eliminate the risk of living.”

Broad, Lee (2011-07-24). The Masada Protocol (p. 134). Lee Broad Novels. Kindle Edition.
===============

Wow, not bad, not bad at all.