PDA

View Full Version : 8 round 9mm magazines

GKC
01-28-2012, 12:14 PM
I've read a few comments indicating that people have problems with, or don't seem to like, the 7 round magazines. I bought a CW9 during the rebate period last year, and received the free 8 round magazine. Unfortunately, I no longer have the CW9 (had to include it as part of a trade deal on a Colt 1911) so I can't try it out. I am planning on getting a CM9 for carry, and was wondering if this mag would be useful as a backup mag and/or range mag. I haven't seen any comments on the 8 rounders (but then, my search skills may be deficient.)

Thanks!

jocko
01-28-2012, 12:28 PM
willbe one butt ugly magazine that is for sure. Iwill wprk in your cm9 but will it allow the gun to go bang, that willbe a question that only having the gun and the 8 round magazine and trying it. My guess is that it will cause issues, IMO be on the safe side buy another flush fit 6 round mag and go with it. If you can't doitin 13 rounds u need to get out of dodge "fast".

wyntrout
01-28-2012, 12:31 PM
I have a bunch of the 8-round mags... 6 or more. They work fine and I've never had a problem with them at the range. I keep my K9 loaded with those and carry them for spares as well. PM9=6+1+8=15. They are great for the range, too.

Wynn:)

GKC
01-28-2012, 12:58 PM
I have a bunch of the 8-round mags... 6 or more. They work fine and I've never had a problem with them at the range. I keep my K9 loaded with those and carry them for spares as well. PM9=6+1+8=15. They are great for the range, too.

Wynn:)

Thanks.

Love you avatar, and "Shooter" was a great movie...I watch it whenever it comes on. Not just for Ms. Mara, but she is a good part of it! :)

wyntrout
01-28-2012, 07:23 PM
I love the movie, while I have a copy, I can't pass it up sometimes when I run across it playing. I just can't come up with a better avatar... she's kicka$$!

I wouldn't listen to that new guy... jocko. What can he know... a newbie like that.

Wynn:D

GKC
01-29-2012, 08:25 AM
Well, since I am a noob here, I guess I had better go ahead and get the obligatory dumb question out of the way, not that I won't continue to ask them no matter how long I am a member here...

I've read a number of comments about the springs in magazines being in backwards...how do your tell? The only magazine I have to look at (Kahr, that is) is the 8 round one I started this thread about.

OldLincoln
01-29-2012, 08:55 AM
When you take it apart, you will see the follower angles up at one end both on outside and inside. The spring angles to match. It's pretty obvious and begs the question how it got in backwards to begin with.

GKC
01-29-2012, 09:07 AM
When you take it apart, you will see the follower angles up at one end both on outside and inside. The spring angles to match. It's pretty obvious and begs the question how it got in backwards to begin with.

OK, thanks! I'll take mine apart to check.

It does make one wonder, but I guess if Kahr buys the magazines already assembled rather than making them inhouse, they don't check them before shipping them. BUT if this is such a common issue, you'd think they'd be screaming at their supplier!