PDA

View Full Version : Range Report 1 and 2

Bangz
01-28-2012, 01:49 PM
What to buy, what to buy...LCP, Bodyguard, P938, Nano, lots of choices. I decided to stay with 9mm and after lurking around the forums decided on the CM9. Size, caliber, no manual safety and price sealed the deal.

Also bought another 6 round (and Pearce extensions) and 2-7 rounders. (Should have saved my money on those and got 2 more 6 round ones.) Anyway, on the first trip it was all WWB, 100 rounds. Ran all 4 magazines, and there was one FTF, and that was on a 7 rounder that was fresh out of the packaging. Racked the slide and we were back in business.

In between visits I set up all the magazines to drop free, couple squeezes with the vise grips and they were done. Also added a Laserguard. Didn't have the problem some have had with a gap between the two halves. Went together nice and solid.

Back to the range today. Another 100 rounds. Used all the magazines, used the slide stop and racked the slide, and put 25 rounds of Remington Ultimate Defense, again out of all 4 magazines. Gun ran flawlessly.

It's a great little shooter, good accuracy, recoil's not bad, controllable for that second shot.

Very happy with my choice. Now to place the order for a PJ Holster!

KMA
01-28-2012, 01:56 PM
Glad you like it! Enjoy.

Bill K
01-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Welcome to KahrTalk.

Sounds like you've done your homework.

bandrich
01-28-2012, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the report since I am a few weeks away from a CM9 purchase. What did you squeeze with the vice grips for the mag to drop? :yo:

JFootin
01-28-2012, 03:19 PM
Welcome to the forum! :D And to the happy CM9 Owners Club! :D:D And soon to be in the happy PJ Holster Wearers Club! :D:D:D You are a very wise man, IMO. :yo:

bandrich
01-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the post I appreciated any info on the CM9 since I am close to a purchase myself. What did you squeeze with the vice grips for the mag to drop? :D

mightymouse
01-28-2012, 03:26 PM
Also added a Laserguard. Didn't have the problem some have had with a gap between the two halves. Went together nice and solid.

Great first report and they only get better with time. I'd like to see how new Laserguards are fitting, if they finally upgraded their molds. Could you share a head on, from the barrel end, close up image?

pocket pistol
01-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the post... Glad you like your CM9. Welcome to the forum.

Bangz
01-28-2012, 06:22 PM
Great first report and they only get better with time. I'd like to see how new Laserguards are fitting, if they finally upgraded their molds. Could you share a head on, from the barrel end, close up image?

There's a couple threads on this. All I did is take a large pair of vice grips, pliers would do, and using some tape to protect the mags, just did a slight squeeze on the side of mag near the back and front of the mag. Did the squeeze, put it in, see if it would drop. If not, did the squeeze and tried it again. Last one of the four I did took all of five minutes.

Bangz
01-28-2012, 06:26 PM

Everything's locked up for the night. I'll try and grab a photo tomorrow. When I first put it on i was thinking that the two halves aren't going to meet but I tightened the sh*t out of the screws and it all sucked right up nice and tight. At the range today I put tape over the laser because I didn't want the distraction but when I got home and took it off, the little red dot was right where I left it.

mightymouse
01-29-2012, 08:14 AM
Everything's locked up for the night. I'll try and grab a photo tomorrow. When I first put it on i was thinking that the two halves aren't going to meet but I tightened the sh*t out of the screws and it all sucked right up nice and tight. At the range today I put tape over the laser because I didn't want the distraction but when I got home and took it off, the little red dot was right where I left it.
I don't think the fitment issue is with the sides meeting, at least not on my CT. Looking down the (unloaded) barrel, its the gap on left side, top of the laser-grip where it should meet the frame. Doesn't affect the laser or holding ability, just cosmetic. Great if you can add photo to compare.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g22/BowtiedZ/images.png

bandrich
01-29-2012, 11:38 AM
There's a couple threads on this. All I did is take a large pair of vice grips, pliers would do, and using some tape to protect the mags, just did a slight squeeze on the side of mag near the back and front of the mag. Did the squeeze, put it in, see if it would drop. If not, did the squeeze and tried it again. Last one of the four I did took all of five minutes.

Thanks for the response. I will try that one for sure. :D:D

Bangz
01-29-2012, 06:00 PM
Here' how mine looks, not much different than yours;
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-40yVoQR0Xqk/TyXpVlrBl8I/AAAAAAAABrM/pCNqZGTxAKI/s144/Front.jpg https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ipSXo4oEaP8/TyXpCkxUqeI/AAAAAAAABrE/hEF7LEM5wog/s144/Left.jpg https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-2yM8vEccWDY/TyXpcxnIihI/AAAAAAAABrc/0QPDMsOHCes/s144/3-Right%2520Side.JPG

I looked at the one on my XDM. It is a little tighter on that one and it fits into the rail, which makes it a more difficult mold and fit.

On the other hand, a couple feet away and you don't even notice it.