PDA

View Full Version : scary day at the range

pocket
01-30-2012, 11:47 AM
There were 3 guys out of 7 stalls at an indoor range. One guy had a brand new P380 that attracted a crowd but for a solid hour he couldn't get it to fire. Another guy with a new 45 was getting stuck, but my PM9 saved the day and not a single problem. I love my Kahr's but if I encountered a time where a gun was last option, I would feel a whole lot more comfortable with a S&W 642 revolver and a derringer in the change pocket. I have seen the best of the best fail, Kimber, STI''s, and so on.

Maybe keep the Kahr but have a revolver backup sure to fire if needed.

TennSCN
01-30-2012, 12:21 PM
A hundred years ago, I had a .357 pop a primer that lodged between the breech face and the case which locked the cylinder up pretty good...

TAE
01-30-2012, 12:28 PM
Sounds like these guys didn't have clue as to what the hell they were doing. Last week at the my pistol range some blew his finger clean off. It was on the weekend so i missed it, maybe he'll come back and do it again so i see. I don't go on weekends to many dipshits and wannabe gangsters for me. So I stick to weekdays.

joshh
01-30-2012, 12:30 PM
i have never had a ftf or misfire with my pm9 and have all the confidence to carry it as i would have with the s&w. our troops and EVERY leo i know carry pistols (my guess is they work)... plus i am much more accurate, can deliver more rounds faster & reload faster with the pm9... to each his own tho.

Bill K
01-30-2012, 01:18 PM
You really can't be 100% certain that the next time you pull the trigger your gun will fire, revolver or otherwise. Imagine how folks felt back in the day when flintlocks were the state of the art. Guess we could carry a tomahawk as a backup to our firearm. :)

apheod
01-30-2012, 02:38 PM
i put thousands of rounds through my carry guns and shoot them regularly. at least 200 a month.

anything i carry, im 99.9% sure it's going to go bang when i need it to.

Thunder71
01-30-2012, 02:47 PM
That's why I carry two of essentially the same guns, MK9 on my belt and a PM9 on my ankle... A New York Reload is faster than a magazine change and they both shoot/function identically. :)

Under stress I'd probably try racking the barrel of my S&W 642 and somehow manage a misfeed if I had to use it as a backup. :confused:

jocko
01-30-2012, 03:07 PM
You really can't be 100% certain that the next time you pull the trigger your gun will fire, revolver or otherwise. Imagine how folks felt back in the day when flintlocks were the state of the art. Guess we could carry a tomahawk as a backup to our firearm. :)

right and a new york reload is no guarantyee either. IMO lots of extra bulk and carry for something that 99.995% of all owners will never fire in anger let alone need a N. Y. reload. eacht his own I understand that but just venting my opinions:israel:

Thunder71
01-30-2012, 03:13 PM
Ask yourself - why carry at all then? Sounds like the chances of needing to (according to your scientific measurement) is virtually non-existent.

I hope you're right, I do... but, like Jim Carry said in Dumb and Dumber 'so you're saying there's a chance'. :D

Bill K
01-30-2012, 03:40 PM
right and a new york reload is no guarantyee either. IMO lots of extra bulk and carry for something that 99.995% of all owners will never fire in anger let alone need a N. Y. reload. eacht his own I understand that but just venting my opinions:israel:

I hear you jocko but in this SD/HD arena you must think about the consequences of what could happen should that 0.005% something come to pass.