PDA

View Full Version : nickel gone in lug area

hardluk1
01-30-2012, 03:35 PM
I have carried a CM9 for a good while now and at the last cleaning for the first time I noticed some nicel messing at the breach end of where the pin runs in the lug. Did not see it when new. But should have.

Talked to Rich at KT and and he asked for a photo. then said to be safe we would like to see it and a shipped label was sent.

Darn great little pistol with not a single issue but I thought that could have been done during fitting ,Maybe needed a bit of grinding and polishing. Any way there goes my baby. Ramp also had some nickeled over chatter marks but it did not affect its funtion but was never sure fired to work when sling shooting the slide like my CW9.

Don't tell me what the manual said, i know what it said. It came back with in a 2 week time frame and would have been way quicker except for the shot show. New barrel also has a ground and polished mark inside the lug, so that must be a finally fitting thing on the small pistols as a CW does not have that same mark. Also It now has a nicest polished ramp I have ever seen. I can now pull the slide back and release even half hearted and it chambers a round like any good pistol should. Thumbs up to them for look'n it over and give'n me a new barrel and recoil spring. I have shot almost enough rounds for a new recoil spring so covered now.

And it still runs great

CJB
01-30-2012, 07:42 PM
Another success story!

muggsy
01-31-2012, 05:52 AM
I have carried a CM9 for a good while now and at the last cleaning for the first time I noticed some nicel messing at the breach end of where the pin runs in the lug. Did not see it when new. But should have.

Talked to Rich at KT and and he asked for a photo. then said to be safe we would like to see it and a shipped label was sent.

Darn great little pistol with not a single issue but I thought that could have been done during fitting ,Maybe needed a bit of grinding and polishing. Any way there goes my baby. Ramp also had some nickeled over chatter marks but it did not affect its funtion but was never sure fired to work when sling shooting the slide like my CW9.

Don't tell me what the manual said, i know what it said. It came back with in a 2 week time frame and would have been way quicker except for the shot show. New barrel also has a ground and polished mark inside the lug, so that must be a finally fitting thing on the small pistols as a CW does not have that same mark. Also It now has a nicest polished ramp I have ever seen. I can now pull the slide back and release even half hearted and it chambers a round like any good pistol should. Thumbs up to them for look'n it over and give'n me a new barrel and recoil spring. I have shot almost enough rounds for a new recoil spring so covered now.

And it still runs great

Looks like you might have to change your screen name to Fortunate1. :)

hardluk1
01-31-2012, 08:56 AM
Naaa Just very suprized I did not see that area sometime during cleanings or when new. I allways though I gve a firearm a good look over and missed that. Oh well. All is well.

CJB
01-31-2012, 09:49 AM
Keep in mind thats the single highest stress area in the pistol, and worthy of some light grease rather than oil.

hardluk1
01-31-2012, 04:56 PM
I don't oil that area I use pro-gold lube . Its a very high strenght lube I started using On bolt lugs and any high stress area many years ago.

As I said the new one also has the same no nickel spot right where the pin would rest when the slide is fully forword. . I have to assume now it is done on some at assembly to allow the barrel to full lock in to the face of the bolt and allow the pistol to fully cycle.

All right what part of floridas swamp are you in. I was born down there and lived there for 40 years. Use to run around the swamps with an old jeep buggy at 13 , just me and my shotgun. Airboated off L-28 mainly and loved the fakahatchy, before it was closed.

CJB
02-01-2012, 10:15 PM
The upper locking area, and lower lug area is the one place I use synthetic green marine grease. Just a little... but it stays put, and will not liquify or run.

Swampland. Think a little more north... more toward Bear Island and Turner River

hardluk1
02-02-2012, 08:46 AM
I have had one little can of pro-gold I have used seemingly forever just for the high loads areas.

Bear Island and turner river. Yep spend some years there to, Hated it when the park service disignated travel areas. Took some nice hogs out of bear island. Last buggy camp was off the the old 32 mile marker south of gator alley the camp about 1/2 mile in. Was there the last couple years till they fenced the interstate in and our caretaker was killed there. Sold my last buggie to Mike at pelican bend restraunt in isle of capri. If your an older fart did you know Rudy Stephens. Life long hunting buddy. Use to run the south blocks when a quick deer was needed for the freezer . Good ole days.