PDA

View Full Version : Hi everybody!!

Baccerman
01-30-2012, 04:21 PM
After much research, I picked up my CW9 last Friday. I considered the Ruger LC9 and LCP, plus the CM9 Kahr. I am applying for a concealed carry permit, and wanted a smaller piece than my Colt 1911 to carry.
After a lot of consideration, the CW9 won out due to a couple of factors:
First, even though it is a bit larger than the others, I am a fairly big dude and can easily conceal it under a jacket or inside the belt. Pocket carry has never really appealed to me for various reasons.
In addition, the CW is a pistol that I can actually shoot and reasonably expect to hit my target. Although the sa only trigger is a lot different than my 1911, I am getting used to it.
After a couple hundred rounds, I feel confident than I can do well out to 20 yards or so. Not a target pistol but it is what it is... I have had no jams or other failures.
Reliability has been excellent (I followed break in recommendations) and the gun handled several varieties of 9mm ammo.
Compared to the Rugers and the Kel-Tec, the Kahr seems to be a better quality piece of equipment. I was impressed in particular with the highly polished feed ramp and general fit and finish.
I'll keep you posted as time goes by. :)

JFootin
01-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Welcome to the forum and to Kahr ownership! Apparently, you have been lurking for a while, so you know what a great bunch of people we have here on KT. Make yourself at home! :)

hpg
01-30-2012, 04:33 PM
You will not regret your choice. I've had the LCP and LC9, never again worst trigger pull ever:eek:. I love the trigger on my CW9.....hpg

Rodenmg
01-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Like you, my other gun is an old Colt 1911. I got my CW9 to get my CHL and carry. The CW is better than I ever imagined it would be. Other than the reasons you mentioned I couldn't imagine getting into a "situation" where my old Colt could possibly be impounded or whatever. I love the little Kahr but wouldn't sweat it so much if it were taken from me for what ever reason. Best $400 I ever spent.

KMA
01-30-2012, 04:59 PM
Welcome to the forum.

jocko
01-30-2012, 05:49 PM
After much research, I picked up my CW9 last Friday. I considered the Ruger LC9 and LCP, plus the CM9 Kahr. I am applying for a concealed carry permit, and wanted a smaller piece than my Colt 1911 to carry.
After a lot of consideration, the CW9 won out due to a couple of factors:
First, even though it is a bit larger than the others, I am a fairly big dude and can easily conceal it under a jacket or inside the belt. Pocket carry has never really appealed to me for various reasons.
In addition, the CW is a pistol that I can actually shoot and reasonably expect to hit my target. Although the sa only trigger is a lot different than my 1911, I am getting used to it.
After a couple hundred rounds, I feel confident than I can do well out to 20 yards or so. Not a target pistol but it is what it is... I have had no jams or other failures.
Reliability has been excellent (I followed break in recommendations) and the gun handled several varieties of 9mm ammo.
Compared to the Rugers and the Kel-Tec, the Kahr seems to be a better quality piece of equipment. I was impressed in particular with the highly polished feed ramp and general fit and finish.
I'll keep you posted as time goes by. :)

we get this same report from about every new owner of a kahr, They are just aht good..not much in the class of what the cw series kahrs are eithe.r certainly no bnetter trigger system.

Cornhusker
01-30-2012, 05:54 PM
Welcome to the forum. You'll like the CW9. I have one and it is one of my favorites.

whitemule
01-30-2012, 06:14 PM
Welcome to KahrTalk, Baccerman. I own six handguns, two of which are Kahrs: a CW40 and a CM9. More Kahrs are definitely in my future. My Ruger LCP is a good swimsuit/pajama gun, rock solid reliable but that trigger is atrocious and I've heard the LC9 triggers aren't much better, so I think you made the right choice. The Kahrs and my Glock 27 get carried the most, they're all solidly reliable.

CJB
01-30-2012, 07:43 PM
Welcome!

pocket pistol
01-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Welcome to the forum. And welcome to Kahr ownership. Sounds like you did your research and made a wise decision.

Baccerman
01-31-2012, 06:49 PM
Yep... I made a great decision.. my new little friend now sleeps in the drawer beside my bed every night...with one in the chamber.
Made a lot of new friends at the local range and renewed friendships with a lot of old friends at my local gun shops. Glad to be into shooting again.:)

jjmc2001
01-31-2012, 07:05 PM
Like many I was unfamiliar with the Kahr brand until I bought a CW9. Quite simply it is a pleasure to shoot and carry. Liked it so much I just sprung for a P380 as I do like to pocket carry. I still carry the CW9 occasionally IWB and always grab it when I go to the range just because I enjoy shooting it.

Diocoles
02-02-2012, 05:35 AM
Welcome and I too enjoy the polish job they've done on my barrel.
Beautiful compared to some others pistols I've had.