PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey Assembly aims to ban all handgun, some rifle ammo

KMA
02-01-2012, 06:12 AM
New Jersey and Cali play in their own division :rolleyes::

New Jersey Assembly aims to ban all handgun, some rifle ammo

"In an end-run around an all out gun ban, the New Jersey Assembly Law & Public Safety Committee is set to consider legislation that would ban ammunition under the auspices of protecting police …"

http://www.prisonplanet.com/new-jersey-assembly-aims-to-ban-all-handgun-some-rifle-ammo.html

Thunder71
02-01-2012, 07:01 AM
The people let it happen by electing these morons, glad I don't live there. Once the rest of the nation arms themselves criminals will be quite safe in Jersey and Cali.

Sent using Tapatalk, thanks for supporting it on this site.

jlottmc
02-01-2012, 08:12 AM
The messed up part about that is that Jersey treats rifle ammunition like handgun ammo if there is a handgun that shoots that caliber. Have they not heard of Thompson/Center? Last time I checked the Encore pistol can be had in about any caliber you want off the shelf, and for a few bucks more is a simple matter for a 'smitty to make it in ANY caliber short of .50BMG (I would love to see THAT one tried though). Therefore by default all ammo is handgun up there. I agree there Thunder, they elected it, they keep electing it, and they can keep what they deserve.

joshh
02-01-2012, 08:21 AM
none of it makes any sense... ever notice the places with the worst crime have the strictest "gun control." here in MA we cant buy ammo without a firearms license and i suppose if they are requiring licenses to carry, then it makes sense to have licenses to purchase ammo. we go to atlantic city once or twice a year and if theres a place good guys should have guns, its new jersey!

muggsy
02-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Vote the bassturds out or move.

bandrich
02-01-2012, 10:40 AM
The people let it happen by electing these morons, glad I don't live there. Once the rest of the nation arms themselves criminals will be quite safe in Jersey and Cali.

Sent using Tapatalk, thanks for supporting it on this site.

You are right on Thunder71. :rolleyes:

yqtszhj
02-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Flee Jersey. I lived there for 10 months 25 years ago and didn't leave anything that I would go back for.

They thought I was a dumb hick from the south but who's the smart one now???????? Oh, the ladies do like a southern accent though so if you pick up one from there make sure she HATES the place too and wants to move south for freedom amd warmer weather :D but I never found one like that.

Bill K
02-01-2012, 02:17 PM
I wonder how it affects folks traveling through NJ where they are legal at point A and point B? I guess so long as you're within federal statutes about traveling with firearms and ammo you're okay, right?

Thunder71
02-01-2012, 02:25 PM
So I just learned today that Jersey won't even let you pump your own gas.

I wonder if you need a permit to urinate as well?

yqtszhj
02-01-2012, 02:34 PM

I wonder if you need a permit to urinate as well?

That gas pumping is sure enough true. I would have thought it would have changed in 25 years. I think they tax your pee based on volume also but no permit required.

crazymailman
02-01-2012, 02:37 PM
If this succeeds you will see DC, NY and Chicago go for it too.

cesande
02-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Good LORD.....

"along with BB’s, airgun pellets, and non-metallic ammunition like plastic airsoft pellets.”

It is written... "Babes will rule"....

UG VOTE

QuercusMax
02-01-2012, 06:42 PM

Also true in Oregon. I always annoy them and play dumb every time I drive over there and start fueling up myself.

ltxi
02-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Flee Jersey. I lived there for 10 months 25 years ago and didn't leave anything that I would go back for.

They thought I was a dumb hick from the south but who's the smart one now???????? Oh, the ladies do like a southern accent though so if you pick up one from there make sure she HATES the place too and wants to move south for freedom amd warmer weather :D but I never found one like that.

Two and a half years @ 30 years ago. Got a native Jersey girl wife who was ok with leaving in the bargain. What I learned from that was it's really chancy taking those anywhere else/cool. Went back and got another one who was a NE transplant and already knew better. Still have that one.

Jeremiah/Az
02-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Ban all ammo? That's great news-----------------for criminals!:eek:

I have always believed that all anti-gun people should have to post a large sign in their front yard that says, " No guns are in this house".:rolleyes:

yqtszhj
02-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Two and a half years @ 30 years ago. Got a native Jersey girl wife who was ok with leaving in the bargain. What I learned from that was it's really chancy taking those anywhere else/cool. Went back and got another one who was a NE transplant and already knew better. Still have that one.

I heard that. I had 2 different girl friends while there. One was OK and the other one was :crazy:. When I left, I left them there.

4 months later I found one very far from NJ that I am still married to today almost 25 years later. She also likes guns,freedom, and small government also.

ltxi
02-01-2012, 07:39 PM

And you just gotta love 'em for it, don't ya?

As long as it stays in their own front yards it's just highly amusing.

tg for 218 and leosa

rholmes69
02-01-2012, 09:30 PM
My sister married a Jersey boy (actually a really nice guy, huge italian family, etc), but I absolutely HATE going up there to visit. Crappy state, crappy taxes, and 3 years ago, it was $27 in tolls to make it there. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

wyntrout
02-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Signs and posters:

TriggerMan
02-02-2012, 05:17 AM

http://www.prisonplanet.com/new-jersey-assembly-aims-to-ban-all-handgun-some-rifle-ammo.html

Update. The first battle is won.

http://www.ammoland.com/2012/02/01/nj-assembly-committee-puts-hold-on-ammo-ban-legislation/