PDA

View Full Version : New CM9 range report and question

bradford027
02-04-2012, 08:05 AM
I went through the prep and lube chart. Took my new cm9 out for break in yesterday. I ran 300 rds. of various ammo through it. I had 2 FTF's in the first mag. One stovepipe about 30-40 rds in. These didnt concern me too much as the pistol was 100% reliable from there on out. This thing is super accurate! Really a pleasure to shoot for such a small pistol. My only concern is that the slide only locks back about every other mag. Any ideas?? I was using 2 factory six rounders if that helps. It also doesnt seem to be isolated to one mag or the other. I brought my new baby home and cleaned her up. Ill be trying again but any help on the slide issue is greatly appreciated.

SGV
02-04-2012, 08:18 AM
I'm in the same boat. All of my break-in issues are resolved after 200 rounds, but my slide fails to lock open on the slide-stop about every other time the pistol runs empty. I think it's just that the recoil spring is still very stiff. Once it takes a set, you shouldn't have any more problems. It's funny that my handloads will function a Beretta M92FS (full-size pistol) flawlessly, but can't overcome that stiff little recoil spring in the CM9!

Athensm50
02-04-2012, 11:44 AM
I ran the first 100 rounds thru my CM9 this morning.....and had NOT one issue!.....nota one.

jocko
02-04-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm in the same boat. All of my break-in issues are resolved after 200 rounds, but my slide fails to lock open on the slide-stop about every other time the pistol runs empty. I think it's just that the recoil spring is still very stiff. Once it takes a set, you shouldn't have any more problems. It's funny that my handloads will function a Beretta M92FS (full-size pistol) flawlessly, but can't overcome that stiff little recoil spring in the CM9!

be right about the recoilspring not brokenin yet but try some defense ammo which is hotter, normally +P rated. If it won't lock open then, possably something else is causng it... If it does OK with +P ammo then just give the gun alittle more range time .

bradford027
02-04-2012, 12:17 PM
be right about the recoilspring not brokenin yet but try some defense ammo which is hotter, normally +P rated. If it won't lock open then, possably something else is causng it... If it does OK with +P ammo then just give the gun alittle more range time .
Thanks for the replies. Im not super concerned yet. I was thinkin this may be the case. I will try that and post back if Ihave any further issues.

yqtszhj
02-04-2012, 06:53 PM
It gets better and better the more you shoot it. Enjoy.at 700 rounds it will be smoother than at 200 or 300. If I could get some more time out I'd like to hit 1000 but so far I'm only at 700+

Wayne Nelson
02-05-2012, 11:22 AM
I had the same problem with my CM9 within the first 200 rounds and then it just quit doing it. It just needs some more time to break in and it will eventually work as intended.