PDA

View Full Version : Can we get RSS enabled?

Thunder71
02-07-2012, 06:22 AM
Would be a nice way to quickly check the forum on the go, would be be possible to get this enabled?:cool:

Thunder71
02-07-2012, 09:46 AM
Figured something out, thanks.

johnh
02-08-2012, 07:11 AM
I can set this up, just have to get some free time to configure the feeds. :)

Thunder71
02-08-2012, 07:22 AM
Sweetness, thank you John! I don't care what Bawanna says about you, you're alright! ;)

Bawanna
02-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Do I need to know what an RSS is? You guys make me feel so stoopid sometimes. I don't know why they even let me play here. Everytime I figure something out it's like quick sand I sink a little deeper.
I just figure out some of the abbreviations like ROTFLMAO and now I get RSS.

Tinman507
02-08-2012, 10:50 AM
RSS would be an awesome addition.

Bawanna: Here's the scoop on RSS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS

Bawanna
02-08-2012, 10:56 AM
You guys must be some kind of wicked smart. I read that whole article 3 times and I still don't get it, or at least I don't get excited about it. You guys do so it must be a totally awesome thing.

I'm glad my fearless leader will do that (whatever it is) for you. Enjoy. I mean that, not yanking your chain. Just cause I don't get it don't mean it ain't a good thing ya know.

Always knew I was born a 100 years too late but we got some pretty cool toys to play with in these confusing modern times huh?

muggsy
02-08-2012, 11:56 AM
You guys must be some kind of wicked smart. I read that whole article 3 times and I still don't get it, or at least I don't get excited about it. You guys do so it must be a totally awesome thing.

I'm glad my fearless leader will do that (whatever it is) for you. Enjoy. I mean that, not yanking your chain. Just cause I don't get it don't mean it ain't a good thing ya know.

Always knew I was born a 100 years too late but we got some pretty cool toys to play with in these confusing modern times huh?

I feel your pain, Bawanna. I just figured out that RFD stand for rural farm delivery. Sometimes I think that the world is passing me by. :)

Thunder71
02-08-2012, 12:12 PM
In a nutshell, it's just a really easy way to read information from various sources, I will use Google Reader to ingest the threads and view it in Google Currents on my phone and tablet PC which makes it much like an electronic edition of a magazine or book... you can flip through the pages, view photos, etc, and if you wish - visit the original 'article' on this forum.

QuercusMax
02-08-2012, 06:56 PM
I feel your pain, Bawanna. I just figured out that RFD stand for rural farm delivery. Sometimes I think that the world is passing me by. :)

"RFD" actually stands for rural free delivery, a system established by the Post Office in the late 1800's, and almost the only way my mail has ever been delivered.

johnh
02-10-2012, 09:45 AM
Well I am striking out on this one. The RSS system in this version of VB seems to be conflicting with the site style or the CPMS module--neither of which I want to change right now. I am planning to move to VB4 this year, so will revisit the RSS settings when I do that. There may be some other changes/features that I implement at the same time. I really don't want to monkey too much with this install since I plan to upgrade.

OldLincoln
02-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Not a biggie, John. I tried RSS on a busy forum once and was inundated when I checked it. It's really the same as "New Posts" but each new post went at the bottom of the list and I shortly stopped using RSS.

I really like the browser and New Posts as it keeps the thread view and all. I kinda like Tapatalk but get a very long list. I think I can mark favorites and only see those to shorten it, then catch up when home. Learning is a process.

Bawanna
02-10-2012, 10:02 AM
Learning is a process. Amen!

I hope my brain don't explode with VB4 whatever that is.

Suppose to be getting a new computer here at work with Window 7?. Think it's what I got at home on the new one that I'm still trying to figure out.
Suppose to have 2 screens, I guess one for each eye? Those that have it love it and say I'll never go back. Make me look like that computer lady on Criminal Minds?

Was suppose to happen 3 weeks ago, I'm ok with the wait on this one. Don't really have time to figure out new stuff.

DubDubU
02-12-2012, 11:00 AM
Suppose to have 2 screens, I guess one for each eye?

screen for dominant eye = kahrtalk
screen for non dominant eye = other

Bawanna
02-12-2012, 11:01 AM
screen for dominant eye = kahrtalk
screen for non dominant eye = other

Hey that might work pretty good at work. Priorities ya know?