PDA

View Full Version : P380 ..... Where are they?????

shooter31
09-02-2009, 09:18 AM
I know that the P380 was supposed to have been shipping already but I cant find one anywhere. Has Kahr really started shipping these yet and if so does anyone know where to look? I cant wait to get my hands on one.

kahrcrazy
09-02-2009, 12:26 PM
They're on backorder across the country, the only place I've seen them is on gunbroker or if your local dealer gets very very lucky.

bowyer2002
09-03-2009, 05:53 AM
Not only are the pistols scarce, but I have heard that 380 ammo is hard to come by too.

zebraD
09-03-2009, 07:27 AM
Gunbroker is by far the easiest way to find a P380

IUalum
09-03-2009, 12:44 PM
Gunbroker is by far the easiest way to find a P380

I agree, got mine there a couple of months ago, paid too much but it's worth it to me.

Trebornayr
09-03-2009, 01:19 PM
I got mine through my local gun shop. It took about six weeks for the special order to be filled.

Trebornayr
09-03-2009, 01:24 PM
BTW, when you do get your hands on a P380 check out the Mitch Rosen Pocket Holster for P380 on the Kahrshop website. Top quality!!!

BODOK
09-03-2009, 01:25 PM
still waiting here in Missouri as well , have 2 on order :)

RugerDog
09-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Check your gunshop for ammo. Mine hasn't had any 380 ammo in months.

skipper49
09-03-2009, 03:41 PM
My local dealer here in Ga. had one in stock a month ago. I handled it and was very impressed.

Skip

eric55
09-03-2009, 04:27 PM
tip ammunitiontogo.com has .380 right now they will prob be sold out in an hour heres the direct link to the 380 ammo

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/index.php/cName/380-auto-fmj-ammo

allan
09-03-2009, 07:04 PM
After reading the reviews of this little pistol, I thought I had to have one. I haven't been able to see any in real life.

But, after comparing specifications to my MK9, and MK40, I don't see any real advantage to getting the P380.

I thought I'd be able to carry it in my back pocket, but it appears to be too big for that.

Any thoughts from any of you that handled them? If so, what did you previously have? Thanks!

johnh
09-03-2009, 07:29 PM
One of our local shops has had .380 coming through lately. Still pretty scarce though. I have noticed most common calibers seem to be rolling through better lately so maybe the makers are turning a corner on the back orders.

John

Lumpy Pockets
09-04-2009, 06:31 AM
The only one I've ever seen is the one I bought in March. Great little gun. The leather Mitch Rosen pocket holster is nice and I have one, but its NOT a good summer holster. If you sweat your gun is going to be sitting in a wet holster rusting. The take down lever on mine has a bit of surface rust and the barrel had a teeny pit starting so I went back to a nylon type holster. These are awesome and are available locally for about $10. Pocket Holster, Pocket, Holster, Gun Holster, Kel-Tec, Ruger LCP, Kahr, MK Series, K Series, P Series (http://www.elitesurvival.com/index.php?p=product&id=32&parent=1) They're apparently a bit more on their site, Size 1 fits the P380 perfectly. If you like snubby's the size 3 is tough to beat and I've tried everything. Plus your gun doesn't get wet when you sweat.

Lumpy Pockets
09-04-2009, 06:38 AM
After reading the reviews of this little pistol, I thought I had to have one. I haven't been able to see any in real life.

But, after comparing specifications to my MK9, and MK40, I don't see any real advantage to getting the P380.

I thought I'd be able to carry it in my back pocket, but it appears to be too big for that.

Any thoughts from any of you that handled them? If so, what did you previously have? Thanks!

You really have to hold it to believe it. You can definitley fit in into a back pocket. And it's totally shootable with tame recoil. It's an awesome gun.

rss5995
09-04-2009, 08:35 AM
i bought one last week. my dealer said it's the first one they've ever had in the store and it's been on back order since last october. maybe this is a sign they're finally hitting the streets. i can tell you it is sweet!

rss5995
09-04-2009, 08:48 AM
although there's no substitute for the great pm40, the kahr p380 is much easier to carry and shoot. i'm going to tell you right now, when you see your first p380 in person at your local gun dealer and you hold it in your hands, you won't be able to resist. you will buy it on the spot. the temptation is too great. but you won't regret it. a fantastic little masterpiece that's as accurate to shoot as its big brother with virtually no recoil.

Joe from N.Y.
09-04-2009, 01:48 PM
"Where are they?"
Here is one in my room (along with his little buddy):

Joe from N.Y.
09-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Plenty of .380 ammo here on Long Island, NY I got a remington UMC value-pak of 250 rounds at D I C K's (sorry, this crappy forum software substituted asterisk's for the store name) Sporting Goods two weeks ago for $90-, thats about $19 per box of 50 rounds.

hdawson
09-04-2009, 02:33 PM
D i c k's in NC is $75 for the 9mm value pack.:cool:

kpm9
09-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Saw the little P380 in a local place today.

allan
09-04-2009, 07:12 PM
to Lumpy pockets and those that have the P380: Do you have another Kahr that you are comparing it to? And if so, which model is the other Kahr?

I really thank all of you for the info. Any other info, thoughts, or feelings you can give us, I'm sure, would be greatly appreciated by everyone here.

jocko
09-05-2009, 10:36 AM
to Lumpy pockets and those that have the P380: Do you have another Kahr that you are comparing it to? And if so, which model is the other Kahr?

I really thank all of you for the info. Any other info, thoughts, or feelings you can give us, I'm sure, would be greatly appreciated by everyone here.

the littlle P380 is just super top quality. I have owned Kt's (no more though) and own a lcp and it is a dandy gun, just higlhy inaccurate in my hands but it goes bang every time. My P380 has over 1400 rounds down range and is excellent. It is the most accurate little 380 I have ever shot. I shoot it better thanmy PM9 for some damn reason.

It will not shoot 102 grain golden sabres without getting premature slide lock issues. that bigger bullet tends to hit the inside of the slide lock enough to engauge it without permission from the shooter. All other rounds I have tested work perfect. My defense round is the 90 hp corbon, shoots well, very accurate..

If one is ever getting premature slide lock that should be the first thing one should look for is that round coming up in the magazine and engaging the slide lock lever. Not muchelse can cause this issue unless your thumb is pushingup on the lever while shooting, ..

It is a great gun, but that being said, I stillg rab my PM9 95% of the time when I go out. It rides in my front pocket with ease and has over 3 years.

Looks like a PDA in my front pocket....

Joe from N.Y.
09-10-2009, 07:59 AM
D i c k's in NC is $75 for the 9mm value pack.:cool:

is that anywhere near Kinston, Snow Hill, or Trenton? I am going back there later this month...

hdawson
09-10-2009, 08:54 AM
That's in Greensboro.:cool:

Milty
09-10-2009, 03:21 PM
There is a P380 at Vandalia Range and Armory (Dayton, Ohio) for $649.99.

Link to their website (http://www.vra-ohio.com/).

johnnyu799
09-11-2009, 07:37 PM
i have p380.they have them at bucks at daytona beach florida

Conrad
09-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Uncle Mike's make the finest pocket holsters IMO. Their Size 3 fits my PM9 perfectly, with or without laser. I like keeping weight and bulk down in my pocket.

Monolith
09-12-2009, 06:40 AM
The Sportsman's Shop in New Holland, PA has had P380s in stock since I bought mine there on August 4. They are $559.

They even have ball ammo. SD ammo is another story.

firing.380
09-15-2009, 08:35 PM
The way I see, It is ALL a hype in most cases at the end of the day. If ANY gun is pricey is because citizens are willing to pay top dollars for a few pounds of stainless steel (lately plastics-aka as polymers) forged to their favorite specifications or looks. I am not falling for that non-sense anymore.
Add to the fact that this market monopolizes ammo prices and you get stuck with a CW9 for under $400.00 using 9mm :D. Take for example the Ruger LCP, well made little pistol for under $300.00, after all the initial hype went away. If it wasn't because I have large gorilla palms It would be my choice to carry daily. It all comes back to the basics, if you have a gun you have a better chance of survival when it comes to encountering an armed thug, vs your naked hand (You can always try a Jedi mind trick, and hopefully:rolleyes: ). However, is your sharp instincts that will keep you alive. I think it boils down to whomever is able to perceive any danger within a situation at hand and act upon avoiding it, or draws 1st- thus penetrates 1st. It won't really matter if you have a .380 or a 9mm...the heck I don't know of any man that would not shy from a wild riffle of .22 bullets for that matter.

ontarget
09-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Hi everyone that love karhs

i have been lucky here in pittsburgh pa.

I have had mine (p380) since mid. July 09

i love it. It shoots softer and strighter than my kel tek

or my ruger lcp.

No problems yet both ball and hollow points feed w/ no failures.

Abt. 200 thru it till now.

But you dont even know it's in your pocket (JUST LOVE IT)

Monolith
09-16-2009, 07:29 PM
OnTarget,

It is encouraging to hear about your success in shooting the P380. What brands of ammo have you tried?

Jeremiah/Az
09-17-2009, 06:24 PM
I got my P380 on Sept. 14 after 2 months wait. I ask if they had 2 as I would have bought one for my girlfriend too. He said that was the only one they had ever had. They had .380 ammo but would only sell it to people that bought a gun from them. They let me have one 50 round box for $23.

johnh
09-18-2009, 06:41 AM
.380 is getting easier to get here. We have the Fiocchi plant nearby so anything they make is pretty available. My dealer had most common calibers in stock when I was by there Wednesday. He has some nice stacks of Fiocchi .223 that are calling my name...

John

jocko
09-18-2009, 03:42 PM
I got my P380 on Sept. 14 after 2 months wait. I ask if they had 2 as I would have bought one for my girlfriend too. He said that was the only one they had ever had. They had .380 ammo but would only sell it to people that bought a gun from them. They let me have one 50 round box for $23.

kills me to have to spend $20 plus for a damn box of 380 ammo. guess thats why I don't shoot my 380 kahr to much either..

yankee2500
09-18-2009, 05:45 PM
I started looking for a P380 about a week ago and did not want to pay Gun Broker prices, so I called a few places a couple days ago and one said they thought they had one comming and took my number. I didn't think much would happen and thhen they called today and said that they just got one in and it was $535 and did I want it :eek: I had my FFL fax the paperwork today and the money order is already in the mail :D
I would say today was a Great day and can't wait till it gets here next week.
John

wyntrout
09-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Hi, I just joined the forum. I apologize for the length of this post, but I wanted give my reason for picking the .380 Kahr. I've been checking several times a day at the Kahr site to see if the P380 with night sites is shipping yet. Since moving from Texas to Florida in Spring 1997, I've had a CCW permit and really appreciate the confident feeling that I can possibly defend my wife and myself against assailants. I never liked being a "sheeple". I've carried a variety of pistols ranging from a Northern Arms .22LR 5-shot derringer/revolver to a .45 ACP Para Ordnance P-12 with 12+1 with 230gr HydraShock Federal ammo. The latter required a belt and rode well in CCW. My full-sized S&W felt like an anvil compared to the more compact P-12. I only wore the heavier hardware when I walked my dog at night. I also carried a stun gun because I didn't want to have to shoot an unrestrained or stray dog to protect my dog or myself. I used the stun gun successfully to keep a large dog away from us by continuously discharging it as needed. The light and the noise kept a large dog at bay. Yay for Florida's concealed WEAPON permit -- not just firearms.
I wear shorts and t-shirts the year around down here in northern Florida and "dress up" with a polo shirt when dining out. The shorts I wear most have an elastic waistband with a drawstring and it's uncomfortable to carry a heavy pistol. I started out carrying the .22 NA revolver in my pocket without a permit and I tried numerous times to hit a target with that. I was almost confident that I could hit an assailant from 2 to 5 feet... maybe... if they would stop rolling on the floor and laughing long enough. I switched to my Interarms Walther TPH after getting my CCW permit and I used an Uncle Mike size 1 Sidekick inside-the-pants holster. This is the thinnest holster that I could find and, though I've worn out a few of those, it's the best thing that I could find. I have one for each of my pistols -- .22, 9mm. and .45's. The TPH weighs 14.5 ounces with 6+1 rounds of Stinger ammo which gives good penetration but no expansion at about 1000fps muzzle velocity -- actual test published online. I could hit a 4-inch bullseye at 25 yards in in SA mode and I prefer the DA/SA-type pistols. Rimfire ammo doesn't hold up well for extended carry, though. I have experienced misfires in carry ammo. I try to change carry ammo more often now, but I would like the reliability of centerfire ammo, as well as the increased performance and stopping power. I had my heart set on the PM4544N, but I realized that I would still be carrying the TPH because the PM45 is a little bulkier but lighter than my night-sighted stainless K9 that I find too heavy except when I want the 9mm. So, when the P380 was announced I was very interested. Here was a gun that fully loaded, weighed less than 14 ounces! And, it would probably fit in the same holster as the TPH with no larger footprint. I love the Kahr design with full-sized gun features in the normal places -- magazine release, slide release, no magazine disconnect, and the slide locking to the rear after the last shot, plus I could get night sights! I was sold and ordered one online from Arizona Gunrunners, paying for it in advance the end of April. In retrospect, I could have ordered the regular sighted version that was already shipping, but I wanted the night sights. I like the 3-dot sights with the night sights better than the post and dot. Unfortunately, the KP3833N wasn't shipping until Fall this year! I'm sure that I won't be among the first recipients, either.
After I ordered the gun, I tried to find some ammo. I had chosen the Federal 90 grain HydraShok based on past experience with larger calibers and the tests in the various magazines. There have been many tests done in the Gun and Law Enforcement magazines using a variety of ammunition and comparisons of actual velocity and accuracy with this short-barreled .380 were posted. I couldn't find any .380 ammo in stock that I would accept. The choices were slim and expensive IF I saw any in stock! I went to a gun show or two and only saw a few boxes in the whole show and priced at $40 on up for a box of 20-25 defense rounds or 50 Wolf FMJ! One seller had broken a 50-round box into 10-round baggies for $10 each.
While searching online, I bookmarked a lot of sites and checked them a week later. I even ordered from one site that charged me immediately and then said the ammo was on backorder. It took me about 4 months to get my money back! I lucked out, though, and found the intriguing new 90-grain Hornady Critical Defense ammo at Sportsman Guide -- in stock! -- and regular priced! I ordered 5 boxes and joined the Buyers' Club to get a discount, coupons for $20 and free shipping on my first order. I should have ordered a lot more. I did order half a case of Wolf 90 grain FMJs for breaking the gun in. Shipping dates for that started at July, then August, September, October, and finally January next year. SG asked me if I wanted to cancel that order. I did and ordered some of the next available FMJs for practice. I had hardly ordered that when the date expected went from October to January, as well. I added another order to the next ammo expected to arrive soonest and hope that I get something to break in the gun... when I get it.
Sorry for the long-winded post, but I wanted to get my story out. I did leave out a bit! Oh, and I did get to handle a P380 at my favorite gunstore/range -- tiny but very well made -- much better than the little Ruger. It was priced at $620.
Wynn

jbcon
10-08-2009, 09:29 AM
I just picked on up yestarday in North Fla... I had been looking for a nice small pocket carry for several months and kept going back and forth between the Ruger LCP and the Sig Sauer P238. While I am not made of money, I believe in doing it right the first time and was willing to pay for quality.

We only have one easily accessible dealer in town (very liberal community) and I had been in early last week to look at the Ruger and the Sig, but they hadn't seen any of the Sig's yet. After doing some research online and talking with a couple buddies I went back one more time to look at the LCP before I took a drive to check out the Kahr in another city, on a whim I asked and they actually had one in the back. It was sort of an impulse buy, but I am pleased with the build quality and after break-in should make for a good BUG.

Only problem is, now I have a new P380, but no ammo..... Again, we don't have a lot of gun shops locally and like everyone else am having a difficulty tracking down the rounds to break it in. Guess I'll add to the madness and get on someones backorder list.

camper
10-15-2009, 12:43 PM
LGS in Fayetteville, NC just received two and they are going for $549.95.

Bigcube
10-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Does anyone have a pic of a PM9 and the P380 side by side? I'm curious how much smaller it is.

lawndart
10-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Does anyone have a pic of a PM9 and the P380 side by side? I'm curious how much smaller it is.

I think that's on Kahr's web-site. Look at the P380 Specs.