PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried the Williams Firesights?

ripley16
09-05-2009, 06:50 AM
I am looking at these for my new TP9, but I've never heard of them until now. Any experience with them on any guns? My main worry is blurring or a halo glow... is that a concern?

sixball
09-07-2009, 09:47 AM
I put them on my Marlin 444 bush gun and like them. Not much to compare but.
They are not very far from my home so I stooped in and they put them on the gun for free and it was just before closing time. Some nice people to deal with.

steve666
09-08-2009, 11:23 AM
I put a set on my Browning Buckmark pistol and like them very much for the range. I'm not sure how they would be on a carry piece, whether they would stand up under daily use and abuse.

Dozer
09-09-2009, 07:30 PM
These sites look a lot like Truglo or HiViz sites for long arms. I do like the way they light up in low light conditions, but since they are basically made of plastic, I too wonder how they will hold up. My ccw instructor recommends these kind of sites over something like Trijicon night sites due to their light gathering charactoristics in low light conditions. He said that if the lighting is so dim that all you can see is glowing tritium sites, then conditions are poor for a good analysis of the target and your immediate surroundings. At this time, when and if I replace my sites, I think I will get these.

ltxi
09-09-2009, 08:04 PM
These sites look a lot like Truglo or HiViz sites for long arms. I do like the way they light up in low light conditions, but since they are basically made of plastic, I too wonder how they will hold up. My ccw instructor recommends these kind of sites over something like Trijicon night sites due to their light gathering charactoristics in low light conditions. He said that if the lighting is so dim that all you can see is glowing tritium sites, then conditions are poor for a good analysis of the target and your immediate surroundings. At this time, when and if I replace my sites, I think I will get these.

I don't buy the argument. It could only apply if the entire area had homogeneous lighting. If you're in the dark and your target isn't light gathering sights are less than useless. Been there, done that with a shotgun and it won't happen again. Night sights are just always there, consistent and dependable in changing light conditions.

Dozer
09-10-2009, 06:11 AM
I don't buy the argument. It could only apply if the entire area had homogeneous lighting. If you're in the dark and your target isn't light gathering sights are less than useless. Been there, done that with a shotgun and it won't happen again. Night sights are just always there, consistent and dependable in changing light conditions.

I can see your point. I didn't think of a senario where you were in the dark but your target was lit. I guess I'm still a little bugged that my tritium sites on my P229 are in dire need of replacement.