PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Ar Mount?

Frankhenrylee
02-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Does anyone know who makes the tallest one piece mount for a flat top AR? Probably going with the Burris 1x4 Tac30 and want to make sure that it clears the front sight on one power. Thanks!

LMT42
02-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Check LaRue's website - I think they have high mounts. I'm not sure why you want to clear it though. Most people just co witness the FSB in the sight picture. I have my accupoint 1-4 set up that way and it doesn't bother me at all. I'd think it would make for an awkward cheek weld using a high mount.

Frankhenrylee
02-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Yeah, good advice. I think I'm going to switch to a gas block and flip up sight for the front. Just don't like that the idea of that post being in the way.

JimBianchi
02-09-2012, 05:16 PM
I ended up buying the half inch rail adapter from Midway (or Brownells) for $12. It clamps on the flattop, raising the rail a half inch, just enough for the scope to see over the front post on low power.

I put it on a few years ago and it has stayed tight with about 2K rounds down range and a couple of different scope swaps.

joshh
02-09-2012, 05:32 PM
i have been eying this triple for mine to clear the fsb and have a built in traditional iron. i have a (spikes logo) samson buis and dont care for it.

http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/large/117/117266.jpg