PDA

View Full Version : Monarch 380 ammo at Academy Sports

WhittTX
01-31-2010, 05:45 PM
Was wondering if anyone had an opinion on this ammo. My local store actually has this in stock at $14 for regular and $16 for JHP. The JHP is 94 grain, made in Serbia, brass cased in boxes of 50.

Ron

jwr
01-31-2010, 06:02 PM
Was wondering if anyone had an opinion on this ammo. My local store actually has this in stock at $14 for regular and $16 for JHP. The JHP is 94 grain, made in Serbia, brass cased in boxes of 50.

Ron
Where in Texas are you? I would snap that stuff up!

I shoot both brass and steel cased Monarch out of my XD 9mm all the time and put a couple boxes through my CW9 on its first outing.

It may not be as clean as some better known ammo but I've been through hundreds of rounds without a problem.

I'm always looking for .380 ammo.

WhittTX
01-31-2010, 07:27 PM
It was at the Academy Sports on Cherry Lane. They had several boxes of fmj and at least two of the hp a couple of days ago. I believe they will check the other stores status for you if they are out.

jwr
01-31-2010, 08:40 PM
The Academy's in my area, Plano, Lewisville, and McKinney get hammered on .380. Several of the guys working there have told me on the days they do manage to get some in it's always gone by noon. I managed to grab a few boxes last month but it was Federal white box stuff for $20 a box.

I'll call around tomorrow and see if they're getting Monarch in. That would be great. Thanks for the tip!

(I have found some as Bass Pro Shop and Cabela's online in the last month so I'm slowly building my supply up. I think I have about 500 rounds at the moment)

In-Yo-Grill
02-01-2010, 07:03 AM
I used the Monarch stuff in just about all the calibers they sell. Shoots just fine.