PDA

View Full Version : Good price for like-new MK40?

whitemule
02-11-2012, 05:40 PM
My LGS has a like-new MK40 for sale. Reportedly it was a Kahr factory demo with only 2 mags fired. No extra mag (only one 5rd mag), no night sights and it's not an Elite model. They're asking $639. Good deal or ?

kerby9mm
02-11-2012, 06:02 PM
I would question why there is only one mag. You didn't say if it has the factory box. I paid $735 for mine new in October. I love the gun it is so smooth and never has had a malfunction of any kind. I would go low on an offer like $550 and see what they say. That's just me. Sometimes cash talks.

JFootin
02-11-2012, 06:59 PM
It probably has a 1 year warranty. I'd check that, too.

whitemule
02-12-2012, 06:32 AM
Thanks for the feedback Kirby & JFootin. Unless they throw in another mag, confirm full warranty and drop the price a bit, i'm thinking I'l wait until the CM40 makes its debut.

jeepster09
02-12-2012, 07:51 AM
I bought my Like New MK40 for $549, it had night sights, but I replced them with XS sights. I even got $35 on trade for old night sights.
It is my new favorite carry gun.

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv276/jeepster09/IMG-20120202-00111.jpg

kerby9mm
02-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Your my 40 looks great! Did you put another $549 into all the mods (which still isn't bad)?

jeepster09
02-12-2012, 10:59 AM
XS sights, $85 with trade in, Dura Coat $60, Jeweling $40, Magnaport with shipping $150.

kerby9mm
02-12-2012, 01:56 PM
That is not bad at all to have a nice custom gun like that. Can you tell the difference that the mag na port makes in felt recoil?

jeepster09
02-12-2012, 02:00 PM
"It is my new favorite carry gun."

About 2 inch group quick firing at 25 yards! Gunsmith at Ahlman's even said "wow" I need to get one of those!:eek:

GOOFA
02-13-2012, 02:32 AM
"It is my new favorite carry gun."

About 2 inch group quick firing at 25 yards! Gunsmith at Ahlman's even said "wow" I need to get one of those!:eek:

You Sir, must be a god to be able to rapid fire anything near a two inch group @ 25 yds with an MK40. I have trouble seeing a target @ 25 yds. Great looking piece!

TriggerMan
02-13-2012, 03:06 AM
My LGS has a like-new MK40 for sale. Reportedly it was a Kahr factory demo with only 2 mags fired. No extra mag (only one 5rd mag), no night sights and it's not an Elite model. They're asking $639. Good deal or ?My first reaction is that "factory demo and two mags fired" don't belong in the same sentence.

whitemule
02-13-2012, 07:33 PM
My first reaction is that "factory demo and two mags fired" don't belong in the same sentence.
What's your point, Triggerman? Please elaborate.

TriggerMan
02-13-2012, 08:58 PM
What's your point, Triggerman? Please elaborate.What 's your reaction to an Ad that says, "Avis Rental car, only 100 miles on odometer"

I don't believe a demo gun exists. If it did, it would have tens of thousands of rounds on it. Kahr has a range gun program but you must agree not to sell it for at least a year.

whitemule
02-19-2012, 07:10 PM
What 's your reaction to an Ad that says, "Avis Rental car, only 100 miles on odometer"

I don't believe a demo gun exists. If it did, it would have tens of thousands of rounds on it. Kahr has a range gun program but you must agree not to sell it for at least a year.

The LG dealer told me it was a gun that Kahr sales reps showed or demonstrated to LE agencies. The LG dealer said they purchased a few of them from the distributor who got them from Kahr. Some had never been fired at all, this one had had a couple of mags shot thru it. This dealer is reputable, has been in business for many years and regularly sells to LE agencies in this area. So I guess you think the dealer is lying to me, well could be.... I'm curious how you know so much about Kahr policies and such, do you work for them or one of their distributors, or have you in the past?

jeepster09
02-19-2012, 08:40 PM
I bought a demo gun from Bud's. They said they were new un-fired Para Ordnances shown at the Shot Sow in Vegas and came with full warranty. It had a few nicks but I didn't care because mine are all green and black anyway!

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv276/jeepster09/IMG_0953.jpg

TriggerMan
02-20-2012, 01:50 PM
The LG dealer told me it was a gun that Kahr sales reps showed or demonstrated to LE agencies. The LG dealer said they purchased a few of them from the distributor who got them from Kahr. Some had never been fired at all, this one had had a couple of mags shot thru it. This dealer is reputable, has been in business for many years and regularly sells to LE agencies in this area. So I guess you think the dealer is lying to me, well could be.... I'm curious how you know so much about Kahr policies and such, do you work for them or one of their distributors, or have you in the past?If you found that rare dealer you can trust, good for you. Common sense tells me a demo gun HAS to be fired or its not much of a demonstration. I have no problem with used guns, I've bought some. Check the warranty and don't be naive about the round count.

whitemule
02-23-2012, 07:08 PM
I bought a demo gun from Bud's. They said they were new un-fired Para Ordnances shown at the Shot Sow in Vegas and came with full warranty. It had a few nicks but I didn't care because mine are all green and black anyway!

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv276/jeepster09/IMG_0953.jpg

Nice lookin' piece, Jeepster. I have one OD&black, my Glock 27. Is that an LDA and is it ambidextrous safety or a lefty model? I don't know nawthin' about Paras.

devildog66
03-04-2012, 08:05 AM
I see used Mk40s for 550-650 so I would think that $635 is okay but I would want that extra mag. The 40 mags are harder to find it seems than the 9mm. I paid 575 for a used one and it has been a favorite to carry and is amazingly accurate for such a compact piece. Insofar as demo pieces go, yes, one can find demo guns at larger dealers, especially those who sell volumes to LE agencies, and the deals on these are usually great. I have bought demo models, test and evaluation (TE) models and never had an issue other than saving greenbacks for what was essentially a new piece. Not to mention, break-in was usually done already thus saving me some ammo $$$.

jeepster09
03-04-2012, 08:47 AM
It is an ambidextrous LDA 45 PDA model that is "Lite weight" also 24 ounces.

jocko
03-04-2012, 09:50 AM
IMO, if what kahrs says is true, all guns are test fired at trhe factory. I would reallyt hink before they went into any LEO agency to try to sell their wares that they sure would not want to take in a new UNFIRED gun for them to demo. Makes no sense to me. So lets assume all guns are fired and not really all of them never fired. They can be fired and well cleaned and u never know it.. For me if I was to be told this gun has never been fired, I would want to pass on it. Round count in a kahr means nadda, ur not gonna shoot one out, when a part wears or breaks u just replace it, u don't throw the gun away. My PM9 as u well know has over 32K rounds through it, and it looks new in all areas. It just shows virtually no wear what so ever, so my point is when one says he is looking at a gun that looks like it has about 200 rouunds through it, unless there is a round counter on the gun, ur guessing out your ass. Most used kahrs have rounds through them, basically saving u the break in procedures all over again... Most shooters are lucky if they shoot a 1000 rounds EVER out of their guns.

kerby9mm
03-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Whitemule. Did you buy the mk40 or not and if so give us a range report.