PDA

View Full Version : First Rounds Through

CSnee
02-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Took my new CM9 to the range tonight and put 150 rounds through it. Fired great. I seem to have trouble getting the proper grip on it due to the size. Does anyone have experience with the finger extender? If so, does it effect concealability? This forum has been a great resource for me thus far and I'm thinking I made a solid choice for my first firearm.

pocket pistol
02-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Welcome to the forum... You made an excellent choice...

BrewerGeorge
02-16-2012, 09:31 PM
Took my new CM9 to the range tonight and put 150 rounds through it. Fired great. I seem to have trouble getting the proper grip on it due to the size. Does anyone have experience with the finger extender? If so, does it effect concealability? This forum has been a great resource for me thus far and I'm thinking I made a solid choice for my first firearm.
I have the Pearce extender, but I took them off. The point pokes me in the side, and I think they compromise concealability a bit. Instead, I'd recommend some of the skateboard tape-like grip panels, or a rubber sleeve to increase grip.

BOBBO268
02-17-2012, 03:35 AM

No complaints for first 150.... maybe more of these guns are getting the attention they deserve lately before leaving the factory.... :D

kerby9mm
02-17-2012, 04:23 AM

The Pierce extensions come 2 in a pack and I put them on my mk9 & mk40. They make a big difference to me for drawing and especially when shooting. If there is a difference in concelability I don't really notice it. For me they work. You can try them and if they don't suit you remove them and you're only out.$12.

crazymailman
02-17-2012, 04:23 AM
To echo what brewergeorge said, the Hogue Jr grips will add a little width, but really help get a better grip.

Tinman507
02-17-2012, 05:28 AM
I installed a Hogue Jr (upside down) and Pierce extenders on my CM9.
It's made a difference in the grip. The Pierces do affect concealability slightly and they stick me in the kidney a little when sitting but it's not horrible.

Neither mod is large dollars so it's worth a shot.

I am actually pondering a CW9 or another larger frame Kahr for EDC. My daughter (soon to depart for college) has her eye on the CM9. We'll see....

jerstolp
02-17-2012, 09:01 AM
get one of the kahr mags with the finger extension. with my pm 40 i carry with the flush fitting mag in the gun and the extended 7rnd. mag in my lighter pocket in my jeans(im a lefty) for grip i just put on the talon rubber grip. and its great. super thin and really helps me hold on...

CSnee
02-17-2012, 12:10 PM
No complaints for first 150.... maybe more of these guns are getting the attention they deserve lately before leaving the factory.... :D

I did have one jam, but after reading quite a bit on this forum, I expected it. Otherwise, smooth sailing....:) Thanks for the recommendations on the extender everyone. I'm just looking to get a better grip and increase accuracy over time. I chose the CM9 because of it's great reviews, the fact that I wanted it to be small enough for my wife to handle, and the potential to conceal easily.