PDA

View Full Version : XSSight for CM9

Bangz
02-17-2012, 08:10 AM
I emailed them asking about a front sight for the CM9. Here's their response.

"We are working on our second set for the CM’s, CW’s & E’s

The factory front sight is a plastic piece held on by two tiny rivets.

Our first option is a dovetailed front sight which of course requires having a dovetail cut across the front of the slide for the new front sight. If you don’t have a local shop which can do this sort of work, we do offer it and the labor fee would be $70 + the sights and return S&H.

Our second option is still in the testing phase but is a front sight that requires no modification of the slide & is held in place by a screw that comes in from the underside of the slide.

We are giving this set a lot of testing because of the tiny size of that peg, the screw that goes in it is very small, so we have concerns about long term durability. Our testing incorporates both shooting and simply carrying the test guns around. The dings and knocks that a sight can get from this create stresses on the sight completely different than those generated by recoil so must be considered as well. And while you can bang out a thousand rounds through a gun in a very short time, there really is no way to speed up this portion of the testing. We have a couple of months into it already but want to have at least 6 months of successful carrying before we will think of offering the set to the public."

Bill K
02-17-2012, 08:15 AM
Sounds like a good company concerned about turning out a quality product for its customers and not just interested in making a quick buck. I like that.

Hognutz
02-17-2012, 08:23 AM
Sure sounds reasonable to me..They are a stand up company. I know that..

gb6491
02-17-2012, 09:23 AM
That's good news. I sent Bo Wallace an email (complete with photos from KT) about 9 months ago asking if they could make a front sight that installs the way the current Trijicon that Kahr offers does. He didn't respond at the time, but I'm pleased to see they have been working on it (perhaps they had been at the time):)
http://kahrtalk.com/showpost.php?p=71775&postcount=9 (http://kahrtalk.com/showpost.php?p=71775&postcount=9)
Regards,
Greg

jocko
02-17-2012, 09:32 AM
It will happen, xs is on top of it as u can see.. Where there is aq market THERE IS A WAY.

onegun
02-17-2012, 01:33 PM
They are a great outfit. I've had nothing but good to say about them. A few years ago, before I retired, I was living in Grapevine. I called Bo and asked them if they had a ghost ring setup for a Rem 141 pump rifle I had. He said they didn't, but to bring it in and he would see what he could do. A week later he called saying the rifle was ready. I got there and he had a set on it (which I later determined was dead on at 100 yds.) He apologized for the delay saying he had to sight it in at a different location. When I asked what I owed - he said "nothing, my pleasure." I'm sure they used that gun to work up a model to put in their catalog, but, to me, that was great! My P9 slide is there now for some Big Dots.

p.s. (added) while I was typing this I had a voicemail from XS saying they got it today and will try to get it out this afternoon. What can I say....

jocko
02-17-2012, 01:42 PM
and more than likely that is why ur jP9 is there to. good service brings back customers. They make a great product and what cheaper advertising could they get than what he did for u...