PDA

View Full Version : question to cm amd pm owners

jocko
02-17-2012, 04:22 PM
for u guys who are having issues with the extended magazines in the cm and pm9 is this by chance the older style magazine with the half ass looking plastic floor plate or are any of u owers having issues even now with the new bottom floor plate that looks alot more solid and should give a better grip?

Feed back is important, for if none are having issues with the new style bottom floor plate, then a suggestion might be to take the old butt uglly floor plate off and just send it back in exchange for the new style floor plate.

muggsy
02-18-2012, 07:12 AM
Years ago I crushed the tip of my pinky finger in an industrial accident. The extended magazine vibrates when the gun is fired and it hurts that finger to shoot with the extended mag. Do you think that Kahr will exchange it for a six rounder? They did send me the 7 round mag for free and I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.

crazymailman
02-18-2012, 08:02 AM
Those new extensions look better IMO. I did see a thread on another forum where the guy had them and had no problems at all. Guess only time will tell though.

KABOOKIE
02-18-2012, 12:37 PM
I had several "nose dives" with a new style 7 round magazine. I just sent the mag back to the Kahr factory. Purchased late January '12.

Ikeo74
02-18-2012, 02:43 PM
I have the new mag with no problems. A thought came to mind about you guys having mag problems. How many of you are using a loading accessory to load your mags? (like a Upoula loader) Also when you load the mags by hand/finger control, do you pust the bullet all the way to the back of the mag? I am wondering if part of the problems lies it the loading procedure you use.

jocko
02-18-2012, 02:51 PM
probablhy not, I am thinking this new floor palte change could possable give the extended magaze alittle more support. I very seldom load 6 round sin my flush mag when at the range, 5 is plenty and it gets me away from the uplula loader, which Iuse alot for my G19 but hardly ever for my kahrs. I run full loaded but not for range use. Lazy I guess. or old but wise, ur call there???

ltxi
02-18-2012, 05:29 PM
Old style....no issues. The only 7-round mags I have are what came with my guns. Also have an 8....no issue there, either.